The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

Building from the back end >out..

the good ones do this.. add Pedan, and thenJoulevi and Brisboise in a couple years and we have a full tool box.

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Tryamkin 5 hits and Sbisa with 3 hits. The value of this pairing is not appreciated enough. Add Gudbranson's steady physical play as well. There is not a so subtle evolution going on here that is huge. If this continues I can see coaching giving more leeway for the forwards to hang higher on the d-zone which should accelerate breakouts. There is no hurry but I can see this coming.

I am on record as saying this is a non layoff team but the evolving strength of the defense could prove me wrong.

16 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Plus the way he pancakes guys on the glass we need a new nickname for that,  when he staples someone to the end boards. Maybe Benn might know what to call that lol. 

That's Tryamkin's version of posterizing someone. No slam dunk at the end, just an opposing player adjusting his chin strap and skating to the bench.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Building from the back end >out..

the good ones do this.. add Pedan, and thenJoulevi and Brisboise in a couple years and we have a full tool box.

I wouldn't mind if they added timothy liljegren At the draft. That would really be building from the net out.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Agreed.  Trading Tanev is the way to get us a young forward. TRADE TANEV:frantic:

I bet if/when someone stats a trade Tryamkin thread CDC will explode... but you know Alf, come to think of it, Tryamkin's trade value has never been higher :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

No more D we need forwards

You can never have too many GOOD d men. If I recall correctly wasn't Taylor Hall traded for a pretty good d man? 

Its only  my opinion but 1 more quality defender would set the team up for a decade and then they can load up on highly skilled forwards. I think they have enough big bodies in the forwards they lack fast highly skilled players which seem to develop a bit faster than defenders, so if the Canucks could get a little luck they could draft some of those necessary skilled forwards over the next few years and with a little patience from the fan base , the team could be something special in 4-5 years.

• Upvote 1

On 2016-11-13 at 3:49 PM, Lancaster said:

I noticed that he likes to roan a lot in his own zone when defending.  That will probably drive the coaches nuts.

That being said, he's very big and mobile, so that helps mitigate things.... and opposition probably doesn't really expect things like that. 

He's unorthodox to say the least. 

Very good observations. You are right about driving the coaches nuts, and about the opposition being unaware. Watching him closely, I've been somewhat surprised that rarely do his gambles go the other way. That kind of judgement and on-the-fly analysis is making me believe he's really freaking good. Already.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, canuckistani said:

Is Tryamin actually better at the right side than left, or is he playing right because he can and thats where the hole is at the moment ?

He prefers the right side... apparently Sbisa goes both ways too ..:blush:

Edited by SilentSam

9 hours ago, J.R. said:

Sure, towards the TDL or before the draft.

.. tonite, 

Full moon, 

Buffalo, 

sign of great luck.  

8 hours ago, Western Red said:

Very good observations. You are right about driving the coaches nuts, and about the opposition being unaware. Watching him closely, I've been somewhat surprised that rarely do his gambles go the other way. That kind of judgement and on-the-fly analysis is making me believe he's really freaking good. Already.

I believe he is playing to his advantages, and one of it is his reach he can roam and gamble, because although hes one step out of position, his reach makes up for it mostly.