The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

It's not uncommon to see young European players put up limited points in these leagues.

Right now they're likely trying to round out their games and focus on the defensive side of things.

To put it in perspective, the top point producer on D for Forsling's team has 5 points, and he's 26, the next highest point producers are 40 and 27 years old and have 3 and 4 points respectively.

Jonas Brodin had 8 points in 49 games the season after he was drafted.

As for Tryamkin, he's more of a stay at home D-man with untapped offensive potential. If he earns some powerplay minutes, his heavy shot should help him rack up some more points.

Edited by DeNiro

He's on an awful team over there.

My concern at this point isn't really about his numbers, but whether he's punishing people with some physicality, although harder to do on open ice. When you pick up a 6'-6" defenseman, that's pretty much the goal. The Canucks sure hyped him up enough. It will be interesting to see whether he fills out a bit more while maintaining his speed, let lone develops a shot.

He's on an awful team over there.

My concern at this point isn't really about his numbers, but whether he's punishing people with some physicality, although harder to do on open ice. When you pick up a 6'-6" defenseman, that's pretty much the goal. The Canucks sure hyped him up enough. It will be interesting to see whether he fills out a bit more while maintaining his speed, let lone develops a shot.

If he is at the middle of the range he has been listed at (235-265 or so) that would be 250 lbs. on a 6' 7" frame that's a power forward in basketball...he doesn't need to fill out. ( Chara is 265 and 6' 9")

We have been discussing how good his shot is, Edler hard and Salo accurate from the samples given so his shot is developed, there is no let alone to it.

Trye just needs to put the package together, make the train move in the right direction and pull in on time for the crunch.

Edited by Rollieo Del Fuego

What's up with our offensive D. prospects?

Subban is tearing it up but all the rest are tearing me up... Tree has 1 point in 17 games, Forsling has 2 in 11 games, Hutton has 0 in 4, Mceneny has 2 in 7 games.

The first 2 are playing in men's leagues but are getting minutes...hopefully it starts to happen for them soon.

hutton's been forced into a more defensive role now that their goaltending has gone into the crapper. their 2 senior goalies graduated last year and their current crop of goalies are horrible. hutton is the only nhl drafted d-man on his team so he has to take up the slack. honestly i can see him leaving school early (possibly mid-season) if his team doesn't turn it around.

hutton's been forced into a more defensive role now that their goaltending has gone into the crapper. their 2 senior goalies graduated last year and their current crop of goalies are horrible. hutton is the only nhl drafted d-man on his team so he has to take up the slack. honestly i can see him leaving school early (possibly mid-season) if his team doesn't turn it around.

Ahhhh....the McNally fiasco and now there screwing with Hutton... boys a BA or BSc are BS they will not get you where you want to go.

Get a doctorate or get a paycheque!

Here's hoping to see both of them try there luck in the AHL this year. Hutton at least should do better then Anderson or Tommerines even, we really need a PMD this post season anyway, if we get there.

• 3 weeks later...