The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

6 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

God I love this guy.  Did you guys see him in the penalty box last night?  Kissing his necklace, praying that we don't get scored on.  I hope him and his wife settle in nicely and stick around for years to come

Yeah that was pretty good. The guy has clearly bought into being a part of this team. The first thing I thought about when I saw that was the article that came out a few months ago saying that he apologizes every time he takes a penalty. That clip of him in the box seemed to fit nicely with that.

42 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Yeah that was pretty good. The guy has clearly bought into being a part of this team. The first thing I thought about when I saw that was the article that came out a few months ago saying that he apologizes every time he takes a penalty. That clip of him in the box seemed to fit nicely with that.

haha he's a giant softy, I love how he plays but damn would it be nice if he had some anger in him! That one game where he hit everything and was an absolute monster was one of the best things Ive seen from the Canucks all year

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

haha he's a giant softy, I love how he plays but damn would it be nice if he had some anger in him! That one game where he hit everything and was an absolute monster was one of the best things Ive seen from the Canucks all year

You know, I don't mind that he isn't running around pissed off all the time. That snarl can still show up in a few years after he's spent time honing his skills. Maybe we'll see more of that as he matures and grows even more confident in his game.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Green Building said:

You know, I don't mind that he isn't running around pissed off all the time. That snarl can still show up in a few years after he's spent time honing his skills. Maybe we'll see more of that as he matures and grows even more confident in his game.

Heres hoping, he has a lot of skill and I think will turn into a reliable top 4 defensemen, but he could be an absolute game changer if he plays physical consistently and gets a mean aspect to his game

Tryamkin has shown that he can play physically this year and dominate another team, changing the flow of the game. He's also shown to have the skill to carry the puck through the neutral zone deftly. 

He's truly a multifaceted player who takes his role with this team seriously. Benning was brilliant in grabbing Nikita. The same draft that he grabbed Demko and Virtanen in. 

• Upvote 2

On 3/10/2017 at 8:12 PM, PhillipBlunt said:

Reach, quickness, vision, size, strength. Tryamkin is a great defenseman. 

I also like his toughness. He is physical and doesn't back down from battles in front of the net. In fact, the more the opposition battles against him the more nastier and physical he gets. I can see Tryamkin in front of the opposition goalie creating havoc during some future power play.

• Upvote 2

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:44 AM, Alexandre said:

I also like his toughness. He is physical and doesn't back down from battles in front of the net. In fact, the more the opposition battles against him the more nastier and physical he gets. I can see Tryamkin in front of the opposition goalie creating havoc during some future power play.

One can only hope.

On 3/6/2017 at 11:39 AM, Tre Mac said:

Трямкин кормления Голдобин некоторые отколовшиеся проходит будет прекрасная вещь.

Couldn't agree more - Goldy will, no doubt, be Благодарный and perhaps will pick up the lunch cheque next time ...

On a different note, I saw Chara play as a 19 year old (one of the first few games he played with PG Cougars in 1996) - played a similar style as Tryamkin finding his way as a newby in the dub - was challenged to drop the gloves, seemed not to relish the idea but did drop 'em and it was the classic 2-hit fight.  Chara hit the opponent (with a fist that looked about the size of a volkswagen), the dude hit the ice and didn't get up. Chara shrugged and skated to the box - it was sort of like a tsunami or other powerful act of nature - all you could do was watch in awe ...

Expecting the same scenario with Try at some point ... Chara was a defensive defenseman at that age (19/20) - don't recall that he had that offensive-ability look about him at that age and we all know what he developed into.  

Here's hoping JB gets the kid locked up with a decent bridge - 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Edge_Case said:

Couldn't agree more - Goldy will, no doubt, be Благодарный and perhaps will pick up the lunch cheque next time ...

On a different note, I saw Chara play as a 19 year old (one of the first few games he played with PG Cougars in 1996) - played a similar style as Tryamkin finding his way as a newby in the dub - was challenged to drop the gloves, seemed not to relish the idea but did drop 'em and it was the classic 2-hit fight.  Chara hit the opponent (with a fist that looked about the size of a volkswagen), the dude hit the ice and didn't get up. Chara shrugged and skated to the box - it was sort of like a tsunami or other powerful act of nature - all you could do was watch in awe ...

Expecting the same scenario with Try at some point ... Chara was a defensive defenseman at that age (19/20) - don't recall that he had that offensive-ability look about him at that age and we all know what he developed into.  

Here's hoping JB gets the kid locked up with a decent bridge - 

Chara's late development definitely gives me hope that Tryamkin may become even better that he is now, perhaps into a top two guy if we get lucky and he works hard enough.