The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

9 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Curious as to what is preventing him from seeing game action.

I think Willie said he's been cleared to play but doesn't have his strength back. I guess the mumps hit him especially hard.

• Upvote 1
On 3/8/2017 at 11:57 PM, hoangnam98 said:

You can have all the potential in the world but sometimes you can't just get it through their skull.  

Sounds like you're an expert on the subject. 

6 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

God I love this guy.  Did you guys see him in the penalty box last night?  Kissing his necklace, praying that we don't get scored on.  I hope him and his wife settle in nicely and stick around for years to come

Yeah that was pretty good. The guy has clearly bought into being a part of this team. The first thing I thought about when I saw that was the article that came out a few months ago saying that he apologizes every time he takes a penalty. That clip of him in the box seemed to fit nicely with that.

42 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Yeah that was pretty good. The guy has clearly bought into being a part of this team. The first thing I thought about when I saw that was the article that came out a few months ago saying that he apologizes every time he takes a penalty. That clip of him in the box seemed to fit nicely with that.

haha he's a giant softy, I love how he plays but damn would it be nice if he had some anger in him! That one game where he hit everything and was an absolute monster was one of the best things Ive seen from the Canucks all year

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

haha he's a giant softy, I love how he plays but damn would it be nice if he had some anger in him! That one game where he hit everything and was an absolute monster was one of the best things Ive seen from the Canucks all year

You know, I don't mind that he isn't running around pissed off all the time. That snarl can still show up in a few years after he's spent time honing his skills. Maybe we'll see more of that as he matures and grows even more confident in his game.

• Upvote 3
1 minute ago, Green Building said:

You know, I don't mind that he isn't running around pissed off all the time. That snarl can still show up in a few years after he's spent time honing his skills. Maybe we'll see more of that as he matures and grows even more confident in his game.

Heres hoping, he has a lot of skill and I think will turn into a reliable top 4 defensemen, but he could be an absolute game changer if he plays physical consistently and gets a mean aspect to his game

Tryamkin has shown that he can play physically this year and dominate another team, changing the flow of the game. He's also shown to have the skill to carry the puck through the neutral zone deftly. 

He's truly a multifaceted player who takes his role with this team seriously. Benning was brilliant in grabbing Nikita. The same draft that he grabbed Demko and Virtanen in. 

• Upvote 2
  • -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to Nikita Tryamkin | #88 | D
  • -SN- locked this topic
  • -SN- unlocked this topic