The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

From what I can tell: GM JB told WD to let the young guys play and WD tells Tryamkin to explore his game. Man sure can tell that he will be turning into something special for us in the future. He was roaming into the offensive zone tactfully positioning himself to make real dangerous plays, showing potential to be a real force in the future once he figures out how to capitalize on the opportunities he makes for himself. He should, however, watch some tapes on Chara and how he gets it done, even in terms of fighting as well - because he does not look natural at that aspect yet, but I imagine he'll get some off season training in that department. 

52 minutes ago, HomeBrew said:

From what I can tell: GM JB told WD to let the young guys play and WD tells Tryamkin to explore his game. Man sure can tell that he will be turning into something special for us in the future. He was roaming into the offensive zone tactfully positioning himself to make real dangerous plays, showing potential to be a real force in the future once he figures out how to capitalize on the opportunities he makes for himself. He should, however, watch some tapes on Chara and how he gets it done, even in terms of fighting as well - because he does not look natural at that aspect yet, but I imagine he'll get some off season training in that department. 

He looked good out there today especially on that goal. He forced the turnover at the offensive blueline to keep the puck AND kept his feet moving to get into open ice with his stick down to receive a pass. Very good play by the big man. Also, he almost split the defense after taking a pass near the opposing blueline while in transition. He looked like a forward out there those times... there's definitely some untapped offensive potential there.  

On 3/13/2017 at 1:29 AM, RetroCanuck said:

Heres hoping, he has a lot of skill and I think will turn into a reliable top 4 defensemen, but he could be an absolute game changer if he plays physical consistently and gets a mean aspect to his game

This is where Guddy would have been a good mentor.

On ‎12‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 11:03 AM, PhillipBlunt said:

Tryamkin has shown that he can play physically this year and dominate another team, changing the flow of the game. He's also shown to have the skill to carry the puck through the neutral zone deftly. 

He's truly a multifaceted player who takes his role with this team seriously. Benning was brilliant in grabbing Nikita. The same draft that he grabbed Demko and Virtanen in

It's too bad Virt and McCann haven't panned out as expected because there was a point were I though not only was that draft the best ever in Canucks history but one of the best by any team.  If Demko pans out as a future starter, Tryamkin a top 2 dman then it's still a great draft but I was hoping Virtanen and McCann would both be future top 6 forwards and Forsling a PPQB.  Who knows maybe the 2015 draft class might even be better with Boeser, Gaudette, Brisebois and Zhukenov haha. 

31 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

It's too bad Virt and McCann haven't panned out as expected because there was a point were I though not only was that draft the best ever in Canucks history but one of the best by any team.  If Demko pans out as a future starter, Tryamkin a top 2 dman then it's still a great draft but I was hoping Virtanen and McCann would both be future top 6 forwards and Forsling a PPQB.  Who knows maybe the 2015 draft class might even be better with Boeser, Gaudette, Brisebois and Zhukenov haha. 

Key word there is "haven't". Glad you didn't use the word "didn't" as it is still too early to make a determination on JV. Unfortunately in this day and age, most people want everything now. If he was drafted in the 80's or 90's, when we couldn't get all our information "now" then there probably wouldn't be much panic regarding JV. He'd just be another guy we'd be hopeful on, waiting for him to develop. These days, we're all keeping up to date on everybody (CHL, AHL, ECHL, etc), and it's hard not to want everything right now. Too much of anything isn't necessarily a good thing, and as a fan information is probably one of these things.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

Well Forsling is doing well in Chicago, to bad we traded him. Don't give up on Virtanen yet. I still think he will be a solid middle six guy for us in the future.

7 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Well Forsling is doing well in Chicago, to bad we traded him. Don't give up on Virtanen yet. I still think he will be a solid middle six guy for us in the future.

*was

He was going well. He's with the ice hogs now. 6 pts in 23 games. And even when he was with the Hawks it was blown way out of proportion.  5 pts in 35 games or something.  Got off to a decent start then mccanned it in.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Gooseberries said:

*was

He was going well. He's with the ice hogs now. 6 pts in 23 games. And even when he was with the Hawks it was blown way out of proportion.  5 pts in 35 games or something.  Got off to a decent start then mccanned it in.

Yep but young players are up and down. Inconsistent. But your right, we have to wait and see

11 hours ago, HomeBrew said:

Tryamkin, last night, was a beast. That's how he needs to play every night. Not necessarily the fighting, but the big hits and smart decision making. Once he figures it out (and he will) he's going to be one of the most feared defenders in the league. And, yes, he does need to pollish up his combat skills. He looked pretty awkward in that fight. 

2 hours ago, komodo0921 said:

Tryamkin, last night, was a beast. That's how he needs to play every night. Not necessarily the fighting, but the big hits and smart decision making. Once he figures it out (and he will) he's going to be one of the most feared defenders in the league. And, yes, he does need to pollish up his combat skills. He looked pretty awkward in that fight. 

Yeah, after having the watched the tape again a few times, I almost got the sense that he didn't want to really engaged in the fight. You could almost read it on his expressions that "If I punch you in your face, I'm going to injure you." And he didn't really want to injury Benn. 

39 minutes ago, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

Willie digging his grave in Vancouver deeper every day...

This is a prime example of rat media stirring the pot and how it doesn't help this organization in any way. I am not defending WD here but holy context batman.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

This is a prime example of rat media stirring the pot and how it doesn't help this organization in any way. I am not defending WD here but holy context batman.

Regardless of the context, it is an absolutely moronic thing for a coach to say in the first place.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

I heard the interview, and Willie went on to say Tryamkin needs to bring his physical play every game.  He added a couple other choice digs at Tryamkin.  Willie sounds like a coach who knows his days are numbered and he's getting stuff off his chest that (perhaps?) he's been holding in for some time.  I still believe JB will be forced to fire Willie before the season finishes.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I heard the interview, and Willie went on to say Tryamkin needs to bring his physical play every game.  He added a couple other choice digs at Tryamkin.  Willie sounds like a coach who knows his days are numbered and he's getting stuff off his chest that (perhaps?) he's been holding in for some time.  I still believe JB will be forced to fire Willie before the season finishes.

i hope so - you're suppose to encourage and boost your players confidence and not bring it down - especially since he's a rookie.. one that can barely speak our language.

but wait megna is great defensively and offensively! .. play the rookies? 60 mins for megna.

• Upvote 1