The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

On 2017-05-01 at 3:46 PM, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

KHL is in sad state,. apparently 9 teams that might not meet the financial obligations for another season,.  At the same time they are trying to expand into China??

Tryamkins Team,  Avtomobolist was apparently in this situation a couple of years ago.

Stay tuned on this move by Nik,  hard to think that he makes more than 1- 1.5m USD per. I believe the standard buy-out by a player in the KHL is 2/3rds of that contract back to the club signed.. how ever that works out, it seems everything is "negotiable" in the KHL.;)

I'm following "Vorky" on twitter,.  apparently he is a journalist that covers the KHL.

• Upvote 1

Until July 2022 we have his contract.  If he develops and matures he will want to come back to NHL - the KHL is not even the second best league in the world.  By 22 we probably will not need him.  I doubt we will ever see him in a Nuck uniform again.   He was homesick and sounds like he didn't want to compete for ice time.    Sorry, but Nikita was not at this point in his career a top 4 guy.  And he didn't want to earn it.  

Time to move on, he's gone and we got a team rebuilding.  

Not every NHLer with potential wants to work to be a top D pairing and earn the coin as a result.  That is what separates a Chara from a Nikita - drive.   Or even a smaller D like Stecher.   Size is nothing without skill, and size and skill are nothing without drive.

Edited by samurai
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, samurai said:

Until July 2022 we have his contract.  If the develops and matures he will want to come back to NHL - the KHL is not even the second best league in the world.  By 22 we probably will not need him.  I doubt we will ever see him in a Nuck uniform again.   He was homesick and sounds like he didn't want to compete for ice time.    Sorry, but Nikita was not at this point in his career a top 4 guy.  And he didn't want to earn it.  

Not every NHL with potential wants work to be a top D pairing and earn the coin as a result.  That is what separates a Chara from a Nikita - drive.   Or even a smaller D like Stecher.   Size is nothing without skill, and size and skill are nothing without drive.

Well said.  I really think Tryamkin wants to be at home, with family and friends.  Yes, we miss him.  I just don't see a guy, who puts his family and friends first like he obviously does, coming back.  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Well said.  I really think Tryamkin wants to be at home, with family and friends.  Yes, we miss him.  I just don't see a guy, who puts his family and friends first like he obviously does, coming back.  

Yeah he's pretty much a heart guy..see him console the goalie at every play? 

Might have to pay Avtomobilist to get him back...if he wants to come back (to a better team and new coach)

Just now, Hairy Kneel said:

Yeah he's pretty much a heart guy..see him console the goalie at every play? 

Might have to pay Avtomobilist to get him back...if he wants to come back (to a better team and new coach)

I think we would need to make certain his wife (and other family who come here) is well set up too.  There needs to be connection to the Russian community, so she doesn't feel so alone, maybe?  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think we would need to make certain his wife (and other family who come here) is well set up too.  There needs to be connection to the Russian community, so she doesn't feel so alone, maybe?  

Yeah like Bure all over again. Maybe ask him if he needs Pedan? 7th D man to help him transition.

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Yeah like Bure all over again. Maybe ask him if he needs Pedan? 7th D man to help him transition.

We have (had) a lot of Swedish guys, so their families likely did stuff together.  (Plus there's IKEA:lol:

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, samurai said:

Until July 2022 we have his contract.  If the develops and matures he will want to come back to NHL - the KHL is not even the second best league in the world.  By 22 we probably will not need him.  I doubt we will ever see him in a Nuck uniform again.   He was homesick and sounds like he didn't want to compete for ice time.    Sorry, but Nikita was not at this point in his career a top 4 guy.  And he didn't want to earn it.  

Not every NHL with potential wants work to be a top D pairing and earn the coin as a result.  That is what separates a Chara from a Nikita - drive.   Or even a smaller D like Stecher.   Size is nothing without skill, and size and skill are nothing without drive.

Sometimes it's not about drive and maturity. People are allowed to go back home if they wish to if that's what makes them happy. Moving abroad is not for everybody. 

25 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Hi Guys

Does anyone know what

1. Tryamkin's salary was before he came to Vancouver

2. What he recently signed for in the KHL

3. How long is his new contract in the KHL?

Thanks

Not sure on the salaries, I think that's harder to find with KHL. He signed for 3 years though

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, guntrix said:

Sometimes it's not about drive and maturity. People are allowed to go back home if they wish to if that's what makes them happy. Moving abroad is not for everybody. 

I know I live abroad

I heard report that Tryamkin's wife has a graduate degree and wanted to work.  It's not recognized in Canada (like so many foreign degrees) and she would have had to re-qualify at a Canadian school.

Fuel to the family reasons for Tryamkin signing in Russia.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hortankin said:

I thought it was only 1?

1 hour ago, drummerboy said:

He only signed for 1 year

https://canucksarmy.com/2017/05/01/report-tryamkin-contract-in-khl-is-for-three-years/

http://dailyhive.com/vancouver/canucks-tryamkin-signs-contract-khl-yekaterinburg-automobilist-2017

I have read 3 years. I would be super stoked if it was only 1. Better chance at bringing him back year sooner.

1 hour ago, Whale Tail said:

Looks like you are correct.  

This is newer news than I have seen.  

That's too bad. I liked my answer better!  Hahah 

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to Nikita Tryamkin | #88 | D
  • -SN- locked this topic
  • -SN- unlocked this topic