The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

1 hour ago, drummerboy said:

Looks like you are correct.  

This is newer news than I have seen.  

That's too bad. I liked my answer better!  Hahah 

Damn I started hoping I was wrong ha. Hopefully he will improve as a player over there m and still want to return to us. 

6 hours ago, Whale Tail said:

Damn I started hoping I was wrong ha. Hopefully he will improve as a player over there m and still want to return to us. 

I'll be devastated if he comes back to the NHL in a different Jersey.  The kid is a future star

In a way I agree with JB though. He didn't earn no 4-5 mill yet and if he gave him the $ he wanted it would make it hard when it came to signing Baertschi, Granlund, Hutton,  etc

Edited by Hortankin
6 minutes ago, Hortankin said:

I'll be devastated if he comes back to the NHL in a different Jersey.  The kid is a future star

In a way I agree with JB though. He didn't earn no 4-5 mill yet and if he gave him the $ he wanted it would make it hard when it came to signing Baertschi, Granlund, Hutton,  etc

If he ever comes back to wear another jersey, he would be a d!ck and not worth your tears.

Can accept him leaving for personal reasons, whatever they may be, but he should be hated, if screws us over...

1 hour ago, Hortankin said:

That's the first I've head about money being the reason Tram left. Considering that he is almost certainly making less money than he would have in the NHL, that doesn't make any sense at all. Where did this "agree with JB, 4-5 mill" come from?

4 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

That's the first I've head about money being the reason Tram left. Considering that he is almost certainly making less money than he would have in the NHL, that doesn't make any sense at all. Where did this "agree with JB, 4-5 mill" come from?

First I heard of money like $4-5 mil.

I was very disappointed when Tryamkin left but hold no grudge against him for whatever reason he left. He signed his deal with Van and had the right to leave, I believe. If it was family or money so be it. You have to have players who want to be a Canuck.

If the deal is for 3 years I am curious if he has a NHL 'out' clause? Tryamkin might be surprised with current conditions in Russia even if it has only been 1 year. He now knows what NHL life is like and that might work on him.   

On 5/7/2017 at 8:31 PM, Crabcakes said:

I heard report that Tryamkin's wife has a graduate degree and wanted to work.  It's not recognized in Canada (like so many foreign degrees) and she would have had to re-qualify at a Canadian school.

Fuel to the family reasons for Tryamkin signing in Russia.

Happy wife, happy life.

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Happy wife, happy life.

Pair that with a crappy team and crappy coach, and might as well go play for a crappy team at home.

6 minutes ago, TheRick said:

I just saw on tsn.ca that the KHL is mulling over folding 5 teams from their league. If the team that Tryamkin signed for ends up folding, does that mean he will come back to the Canucks?

Wow!  Likely he would come back, I hope:)

41 minutes ago, TheRick said:

I just saw on tsn.ca that the KHL is mulling over folding 5 teams from their league. If the team that Tryamkin signed for ends up folding, does that mean he will come back to the Canucks?

And just a reminder which club Tryamkin is from:

https://twitter.com/vorkywh24/status/858947795809710080

Now, that doesn't mean he'd come back here if it's for the family/homesick/wife reasons that have been reported. There may be only so many spots for players with teams contracting, but he may prefer a short term solution overseas still.

Edited by elvis15
  • Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

And just a reminder which club Tryamkin is from:

https://twitter.com/vorkywh24/status/858947795809710080

Now, that doesn't mean he'd come back here if it's for the family/homesick/wife reasons that have been reported. There may be only so many spots for players with teams contracting, but he may prefer a short term solution overseas still.

I would lol if Avto folded, and then he signed with another team in the K.

1/4 of the members here would have a cardiac arrest.

45 minutes ago, b3. said:

I would lol if Avto folded, and then he signed with another team in the K.

1/4 of the members here would have a cardiac arrest.

But that would be the most likely scenario I think.

Once he's decided to head back to Mother Russia, it's likely not the love for and commitment to Avtomobilist that's keeping him there. 

On the other hand, here's to hoping he sees it as a sign that he was too hasty and maybe he's better off here after all.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, nzan said:

But that would be the most likely scenario I think.

Once he's decided to head back to Mother Russia, it's likely not the love for and commitment to Avtomobilist that's keeping him there. 

On the other hand, here's to hoping he sees it as a sign that he was too hasty and maybe he's better off here after all.

He might come to the realization that a steady career in a league that is flourishing might be a better option. Although, there is going to be one heck of a lockout soon.

• Upvote 1
  • -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to Nikita Tryamkin | #88 | D
  • -SN- locked this topic
  • -SN- unlocked this topic