The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

4 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

So just wondering....could we buy him back? Like a soccer transfer fee? Just a question!

And although I agree that 4 or 5 million might be a bit much.....Tryamkin was worth all of what Sbisa is worth.....being that he has so much up side, so what would his real value be? Again, just a question!

Also wonder who had more impact on the Canucks in general last year......Baer, Granlund, Hutton or Tryamkin.....again, just a question and or by how much?

I am asking you all....as I honestly don't know

Out of those four Id say Granlund. He had a great year and made an impact. If Tryamkin can be more consistent and physical more often he could be a top pairing guy for us....if he comes back.

4 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

So just wondering....could we buy him back? Like a soccer transfer fee? Just a question!

And although I agree that 4 or 5 million might be a bit much.....Tryamkin was worth all of what Sbisa is worth.....being that he has so much up side, so what would his real value be? Again, just a question!

Also wonder who had more impact on the Canucks in general last year......Baer, Granlund, Hutton or Tryamkin.....again, just a question and or by how much?

I am asking you all....as I honestly don't know

Yes an agreement could be made with his KHL team.

However I don't want him back here unless he wants to be here. Right now it doesn't seem like he does.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

However I don't want him back here unless he wants to be here. Right now it doesn't seem like he does.

And if he's planning to play in the KHL, how much training will he be doing?  It seems like fitness is not a big priority in that league.  I loved the big guy, but it's time to forget him.  This new guy is likely a better player right now.

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And if he's planning to play in the KHL, how much training will he be doing?  It seems like fitness is not a big priority in that league.  I loved the big guy, but it's time to forget him.  This new guy is likely a better player right now.

Based on Green's comments about there being no excuse for a pro to come to camp out of shape, I have a feeling Tryamkin would be in his doghouse right away.

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Based on Green's comments about there being no excuse for a pro to come to camp out of shape, I have a feeling Tryamkin would be in his doghouse right away.

We need a team full of guys that will bleed for one another, and the crest on their fronts.  I know the Sens have Karlsson, but after him they really don't have a whole heck of a lot.  Yet, they went a long way because they were willing to bleed for their mates, and fight for their crest.  Like you already said, let's only have guys who want to be here. 

Maybe the guys we draft get that feeling?

Edited by Alflives

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Here is the thing....and again I am just asking.......

1. First he probably came mentally unprepared

2. He was out of shape, and probably didn't feel he was the worst on the team(aka Larson)

3. He got in shape and felt was equal to most

4. He wasn't being used as much as felt he deserved

5. The coach

6. He probably felt his learning curve was upward (he knew his own potential)

7. He wanted a family of his own

8. His wife was lonely and missed family

9. I am sure he was being pulled from all directions and I am sure it was confusing him

10. Probably felt he wasn't offered  as much as Sbisa................which is fair to me!

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

He did experience it already. The hope is that he will keep up the pace to stay in shape and stay that way in KHL. Than hopefully join the Canucks later on again. Hope being the key 

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

and deservedly so. Tryamkin has no excuse for coming to camp out of shape. he deserved to be in Willie's doghouse until he understood that his lack of fitness wasn't an excuse. He could not be given a free pass. Would have sent the wrong message to other players. 

On 5/16/2017 at 0:05 PM, nzan said:

But that would be the most likely scenario I think.

Once he's decided to head back to Mother Russia, it's likely not the love for and commitment to Avtomobilist that's keeping him there. 

On the other hand, here's to hoping he sees it as a sign that he was too hasty and maybe he's better off here after all.

Maybe not just for his love for his team, but if the options for him to sign elsewhere aren't close at all to where his family is and all that, then he almost might just as well be in Canada vs on the other side of Russia.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

Maybe not just for his love for his team, but if the options for him to sign elsewhere aren't close at all to where his family is and all that, then he almost might just as well be in Canada vs on the other side of Russia.

Here's hoping!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, elvis15 said:

I'm not going to hold my breath, but you never know if his next best KHL option isn't as good for whatever reason (location, salary, competitiveness, opportunity, etc.).

Agreed.

It's seemed as if this whole thing maybe had a lot to do with his new wife - I have nothing to go on, it just 'felt' like it was more of a homesickness type of thing or something relational or something- once things feel more solid in some ways and less solid from a KHL perspective, I wouldn't be surprised if Vancouver doesn't become his best option again.

Perhaps for 2018-2019?

On ‎2017‎年‎5‎月‎27‎日 at 2:05 PM, janisahockeynut said:

Here is the thing....and again I am just asking.......

1. First he probably came mentally unprepared

2. He was out of shape, and probably didn't feel he was the worst on the team(aka Larson)

3. He got in shape and felt was equal to most

4. He wasn't being used as much as felt he deserved

5. The coach

6. He probably felt his learning curve was upward (he knew his own potential)

7. He wanted a family of his own

8. His wife was lonely and missed family

9. I am sure he was being pulled from all directions and I am sure it was confusing him

10. Probably felt he wasn't offered  as much as Sbisa................which is fair to me!

I would add to this, a #11.. how a BUllsh*t MSMedia is constantly slagging your country/leader, who most Russians (likely) greatly respect.

Who are we to feel that North America is ShangiF*ckin'La, as general society spirals Hellinna'handbasket-style?!

If a dude wants to return home, so be it.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2017-05-28 at 4:29 PM, Boudrias said:

May Nikita's cheques start bouncing by X-Mass. He will be back faster than we all realize.

Love the fact that to date,.   Nik's Twitter & Instagram profiles still have him wearing a Canucks jersey..   :)

IMG_0088.PNG

IMG_0089.PNG