The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

12 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Human eclipse

Rhinoceros hips

Who will laugh last when I slash your calf?

Bring peace

Make it cease

Get your big ass out of my crease.

Byfuglien, by Roberto Luongo

Lol, forgot about this...dang I love Lu! It's funny looking back on how spoiled we were with him. Yet most people on here still found ways to grind bones with him. CDC...never satisfied.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Lol, forgot about this...dang I love Lu! It's funny looking back on how spoiled we were with him. Yet most people on here still found ways to grind bones with him. CDC...never satisfied.

When we traded Lou I wrote him a letter thanking him for his time here and wishing him the best for the remainder of his career. Once I settled down emotionally I decided not to send the letter and looking back on it I'm glad I didn't. One semi-grown (I was 20/21 at the time) man writing another grown man an emotionally charged letter just seems a little weird.

• Upvote 1
21 hours ago, Alflives said:

Tryamkin was my favourite Canuck to watch last season.  As his fitness improved he began to join the rush more, and cycle into the offence.  The guy is literally a HUGE loss for our team, and the fans who loved to watch him play.  What ever the reasons for his going home, he will be missed here:(

It is a huge loss for sure. I thought he had a pretty decent season and showed improvement until the whole team kinda packed it in. IMHO his biggest challenge was reacting to the speed of the NHL in the d-zone. He was doing a fair amount of guessing and puck chasing. Most rookies go through this as they get more experience. 

We never really saw enough of his offensive potential but we could all see it was there. His d-zone shot blocking and ability to seperate players from the puck was impressive. His willingness to engage physically was more reactive than proactive and that likely frustrated Desjardin. That said it was his rookie season and I was expecting a big jump forward from him this year. 

On a pure hockey development basis Tryamkin returning to the KHL was a big mistake. KHL defensive play is not something that builds NHL defensemen. No one seems to know whether Tryamkin's KHL contract has a early out clause that would allow him to return before the 3year term expires.   

• Upvote 1
On 2017-08-28 at 3:24 PM, ilduce39 said:

I agree - He isn't anymore but last year around Camp the "young guys" got called out by Sedins / Burrows and fans got their usual knickers in a twist about keeping that in the room blah blah blah shut up old guys focus on your own play blah blah blah.  Then they turned around and crapped on the kid on their own. I agree Virt gets (unfairly)treated like a doormat by most nowadays-but he needed that kick in the pants to the AHL and he seems to have straightened himself out.

Yeah Tryamkin's upside was always built around his size.  Quick "for a big guy."  That's why I don't see it as much of a loss if you believe he didn't like being pushed to play physical.  Maybe he'll change his mind over time.

Very true all around. Sometimes fans, particularly the tear down the team crowd, can get riled up when people have negative things to say in regards to kids playing. Can't imagine it's easy to hear from vets on the team either, but those are exactly the people we want. The Sedins and Burrows are warriors and competitors. Their words should be taken very seriously from fans and young guys in the system.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Boudrias said:

It is a huge loss for sure. I thought he had a pretty decent season and showed improvement until the whole team kinda packed it in. IMHO his biggest challenge was reacting to the speed of the NHL in the d-zone. He was doing a fair amount of guessing and puck chasing. Most rookies go through this as they get more experience. 

We never really saw enough of his offensive potential but we could all see it was there. His d-zone shot blocking and ability to seperate players from the puck was impressive. His willingness to engage physically was more reactive than proactive and that likely frustrated Desjardin. That said it was his rookie season and I was expecting a big jump forward from him this year. 

On a pure hockey development basis Tryamkin returning to the KHL was a big mistake. KHL defensive play is not something that builds NHL defensemen. No one seems to know whether Tryamkin's KHL contract has a early out clause that would allow him to return before the 3year term expires.   

Bing bang boom! Well said!

15 hours ago, spook007 said:

Who on earth is saying Tryamkins was at fault for the poor season we just had?

It was a rhetorical point...meaning a lot of people not see his development and progress.......man there were a lot of things to worry about before Tryamkin, yet it just seemed that Willie and the Sedins did...........................so I suggest they must have thought he was the reason for them loosing........again, that is rhetorical

And if WD wanted to be fired, he would have sat the Sedins and Eriksson, and brought more AHL players up. Then he would have been out by Christmas.

Fact is we didn't have anyone better than the Sedins, and thats not WD fault, but MG and partially JB (and I think JB has done fine so far).

Willie did get fired.

And finally do you know that he wasn't offered a decent raise and/or an exercise program for the summer. There seems to be a lot of blame going around for reasons unknown to anyone. 

Yes it is conjecture, but if he was offered 4 million per season for 5 years..............and was treated better as I stated earlier.......I think he stays.

Do you have anything to dispute what I am saying?

3 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

It was a rhetorical point...meaning a lot of people not see his development and progress.......man there were a lot of things to worry about before Tryamkin, yet it just seemed that Willie and the Sedins did...........................so I suggest they must have thought he was the reason for them loosing........again, that is rhetorical

Willie did get fired.

Yes it is conjecture, but if he was offered 4 million per season for 5 years..............and was treated better as I stated earlier.......I think he stays.

Maybe money did not factor into his decision to go home?  Maybe it was all about family, especially his wife?  

Just now, J.R. said:

He had not earned a contract anywhere near that. 

I understand that JR.....was just trying to make a point.......not sure what his value was, but sometimes you have to pay forward......they did for less....aka Sbisa???

Just now, janisahockeynut said:

Could easily have been that Alf......but I think the Sedin's, Willie etc made it easier

Could be.  Maybe he wasn't having fun playing the game like back home too?  It's too bad he left, no matter the reason.  I think there were plenty of fans, who enjoyed watching him play - me for one.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Could be.  Maybe he wasn't having fun playing the game like back home too?  It's too bad he left, no matter the reason.  I think there were plenty of fans, who enjoyed watching him play - me for one.

He certainly made an impact! lol Literally!

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

We all did Alf. Haven't met a single poster who wasn't in love with the man mountain since day one...

3 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

Sorry Jan, are you saying, the Sedins said, Tryamkin was at fault? I totally agree there was lots of things to worry about, and there still is, however the club is moving in the right direction. And yes Tryamkin could have been a massive addition to that. 

Willie did get fired.

Yip, what I'm saying is, he would have been out way earlier had he kept the Sedins off the ice. Together with Horvat at that time, they were the only real game changer we had. Sad but true. If you want people to buy tickets you don't sit your two biggest stars.... or at least I doubt management would have accepted that.

No I don't, but what I do have is a lot of accusations being thrown around on these pages about, what should have been done and by whom, with very little to back it up. 

The only things we have have been told through the media was that Tryamkin was unfit, but wouldn't go on a conditional stint in the AHL (contractual), WD calling him out for not being Physical enough, and then Tryamkin leaving for personal reasons. (may have forgotten something here)... All the rest about whom is to be blamed is just speculation...

Edited by spook007
42 minutes ago, spook007 said:

We all did Alf. Haven't met a single poster who wasn't in love with the man mountain since day one...

Since in the big picture it just discussion to get by....I am all good with your comments

But I will say it one last time and I will quote a great poster......you haven't  met a single poster that didn't  like the man mountain....

To me that is the building of a fan favorite,  who puts bums in the chairs

If Benny linen and Willie had to stand on their heads to make the big man laugh they should have

I think they underestimated his resolve.....to play into shape and get paid at least to Sbisa contract

I think they blew it....

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, janisahockeynut said:

Since in the big picture it just discussion to get by....I am all good with your comments

But I will say it one last time and I will quote a great poster......you haven't  met a single poster that didn't  like the man mountain....

If Benny linen and Willie had to stand on their heads to make the big man laugh they should have

I think they underestimated his resolve.....to play into shape and get paid at least to Sbisa contract

I think they blew it....

:lol: +1

38 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Thanks for the update.  Really enjoyed watching Tryamkin play, and glad to hear he's doing well back at home.  I bet he learned a lot playing here, and has a really good year in the KHL.  

• Upvote 1
On 29/08/2017 at 11:43 PM, janisahockeynut said:

I think they blew it....

I think his body language spoke volumes.......he had the facial expressions and mannerisms of a kid who was desperately homesick.  Not much the org can do in that case.

Let's not overthink motives, or reasons regarding Nik's departure.

Im pretty sure he will be back,. and bring that mountain size game with him..

If there are any indications that he will be back, note that his instagram and face book accounts both show his profile playing in a Nuck's jersey,. and his season has already started in the KHL.

Hang on for part 2.

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to Nikita Tryamkin | #88 | D
  • -SN- locked this topic
  • -SN- unlocked this topic