The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Doesn't sound like Tryamkin was very impressed with our coach's management of not only him, but other pkayers too.  Plus, was his comment about our city being "dope" kind of negative?  

he's not wrong on the dope comment, a day doesn't go by when i don't smell some skunky crap in the area where i live close to downtown, bugs me too. I wish they would just vape and spare people the stank. 

well at least we know there were a lot of issues annoying him about the coaching and the city. It sucks but if he wasn't willing to deal with that level of difficulty to become a multimillionaire in the NHL I say goodbye to you sir, and I was a big fan of his. 

Pretty sure there's bigger problems then smoking plants in Russia right now...

Sounds to me like someone who has no interest in coming back but doesn't want to burn bridges just in case. If he does come back in three years he'll be a 26 year old defenseman not used to North American ice with a track record of poor commitment to both the team and his own physical fitness. At this point I'd take picks for him and call it a high risk/reward pick gone wrong.

Can't win em all!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, skategal said:

"Willy Desjardins unpleasant?"

"He's normal."

- What did Alexander Burmistrov wish after the transition to Vancouver?

"They did not communicate with Burmistrov , but I congratulated him." And so - in touch with Kolya Goldobin . I wonder how he will go in this camp, because I'm for the Russians. I want our guy to be in the main team. He's good, talented, fast.

- I talked with Desjardins in the summer, and he said that Goledobin needs to grow up.

- Damn, I'm certainly not a coach, but, in my opinion, Kolya should be allowed to play. He is small, brisk, his hands are in order, and he knows how to score goals. Vaughn, in the first match scored, and after that he was sentenced to ten minutes. So what is this? Where is the logic? Especially since the team was finishing the season. Then, "Arizona" scores - he again put. He scores in Edmonton in the last game - we score together, went out in fact in one link, because in three games - he is again saddled. If a person does not play, how will he grow up? How do you understand that he can play?

"Are you back for the same reason?"

- I have many times been superfluous. Yes, not even a lot - almost always me. And did not understand why. I spend a good game, and for five or seven minutes to the end I'm put on the bench without any explanation. It was very strange.

"You said Dejardin was very straightforward and open." Still did not explain?

- I talked to him one on one. I could ask him anything. They even told me: "How do you ask such things?". Well, what should I do? I train, work, that's why I come to the coach, asking when I will play. I did not come to sit there.

:wacko: guess we weren't the only ones that questioned Willie's decisions

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, b3. said:

Some real gud tidbits about Willie D.

probably one of the major reasons for why BFG left for Russia. more playing time. 

I do agree that Willie was just an odd coach in the sense that he made some really strange line up decisions. I'm excited to see what Green does, and glad that Desjardins is no longer coach of the team. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

he's not wrong on the dope comment, a day doesn't go by when i don't smell some skunky crap in the area where i live close to downtown, bugs me too. I wish they would just vape and spare people the stank. 

well at least we know there were a lot of issues annoying him about the coaching and the city. It sucks but if he wasn't willing to deal with that level of difficulty to become a multimillionaire in the NHL I say goodbye to you sir, and I was a big fan of his. 

The thing that disturbed me most about Tryamkin was he came to camp in Year 1 out of shape. He was already a 3 year KHL vet. His view of hockey did not appear to be the NHL way. What impressed me was he quickly dropped the weight and his play progressed through the season. To an extent I thought the Canucks should have played prospects more in the last month and a half. Not a prospect by that time but he could have got more PP time just to have a look. By season's end Tryamkin was loosing position in the d-zone and getting scored on. He was not alone as most of the defenders were. 

7 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

The thing that disturbed me most about Tryamkin was he came to camp in Year 1 out of shape. He was already a 3 year KHL vet. His view of hockey did not appear to be the NHL way. What impressed me was he quickly dropped the weight and his play progressed through the season. To an extent I thought the Canucks should have played prospects more in the last month and a half. Not a prospect by that time but he could have got more PP time just to have a look. By season's end Tryamkin was loosing position in the d-zone and getting scored on. He was not alone as most of the defenders were. 

thats true. I wonder now if part of the reason he turned down a multi-year deal is he wasn't sure about his ability to perform at an even higher level. It may have taken all his effort to play the way he was. 

Anyway, clearly a poor fit here for him for a bunch of reasons. 

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

thats true. I wonder now if part of the reason he turned down a multi-year deal is he wasn't sure about his ability to perform at an even higher level. It may have taken all his effort to play the way he was. 

Anyway, clearly a poor fit here for him for a bunch of reasons. 

I did not disagree with his point of playing 20 minutes a game after the TDL last year. The Canucks had a lot to possibly gain by seeing how he handled that. As I mentioned earlier, after 3 years of KHL, maybe Tryamkin thought he had the fundamentals and simply needed the TOI. 

He showed me enough that I would welcome him back with the right attitude. IMO he would have got the TOI this year and even pressured for a top 4 spot. Might never know that now. Vancouver's depth chart on the back end is deepening and in 3 years who knows where Tryamkin will sit. 

11 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I did not disagree with his point of playing 20 minutes a game after the TDL last year. The Canucks had a lot to possibly gain by seeing how he handled that. As I mentioned earlier, after 3 years of KHL, maybe Tryamkin thought he had the fundamentals and simply needed the TOI. 

He showed me enough that I would welcome him back with the right attitude. IMO he would have got the TOI this year and even pressured for a top 4 spot. Might never know that now. Vancouver's depth chart on the back end is deepening and in 3 years who knows where Tryamkin will sit. 

I don't think we'll ever see him in a Canucks sweater. A combo of bad coaching, bad agent advice, and some personal issues got it to this point. I just can't see how he's going to be "NHL ready" by spending his prime development years in the KHL. Maybe for an offensively gifted forward but not a D man of his size. 

16 hours ago, Warhippy said:

So that's that.

Willie D chased him off in large part due to his coaching decisions.

Glad he's not ruled out coming back

No surprise that Willie was a catalyst for Tryamkin leaving.

In three years, who knows where the blueline will be, but I'd like to think that there would still be a roster spot for a 6'7" 260 lb. mammoth defenseman who can skate well and wants to play big minutes.

Time will tell.