The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

33 minutes ago, stawns said:

Very short sighted thinking on Try's part and you have to wonder what kind of bonehead his agent must be.  He's never going to come close to making the same kind of $ he would in the NHL.  I was/am a huge fan of NT, but he clearly has an entitlement issue and maybe the org is better off without him.  Wait out his three year contract, and then move him if they get the chance.

I thought he had a real shot at a top 4 role. Don't understand his beef about TOI or even the issue with being benched. His TOI was slightly more than 16 minutes and as the season limped home he was getting a taste on the PP. I was shocked when it was announced he was headed home. If he had a confused idea of where he should be then his agent needed to educate him along with the Van coaching as to where they saw his future. They all had exit interviews so I would have loved to be a fly that day. Some talk that he and Lidster did not bond. 

Depending how Van's d-core evolves over the next 2 - 3 years they could move Tryamkin earlier. I suspect they will watch the KHL video closely. I wonder if it is illegal for the Canucks to talk to Tryamkin or his agent during the 3 years? IMHO there is no way he will develop as well over 3 years in the KHL versus his staying in Van. It is a step backwards and increases his odds of not making a NHL career.    

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, stawns said:

Very short sighted thinking on Try's part and you have to wonder what kind of bonehead his agent must be.  He's never going to come close to making the same kind of $ he would in the NHL.  I was/am a huge fan of NT, but he clearly has an entitlement issue and maybe the org is better off without him.  Wait out his three year contract, and then move him if they get the chance.

I thought he had a real shot at a top 4 role. Don't understand his beef about TOI or even the issue with being benched. His TOI was slightly more than 16 minutes and as the season limped home he was getting a taste on the PP. I was shocked when it was announced he was headed home. If he had a confused idea of where he should be then his agent needed to educate him along with the Van coaching as to where they saw his future. They all had exit interviews so I would have loved to be a fly that day. Some talk that he and Lidster did not bond. 

Depending how Van's d-core evolves over the next 2 - 3 years they could move Tryamkin earlier. I suspect they will watch the KHL video closely. I wonder if it is illegal for the Canucks to talk to Tryamkin or his agent during the 3 years? IMHO there is no way he will develop as well over 3 years in the KHL versus his staying in Van. It is a step backwards and increases his odds of not making a NHL career.    

It will be interesting to see how his career progresses in the KHL.  If he gets top line minutes and power play time, and gets to play in the olympics, he very well may be better off over there.  We may get a polished version of him, right when we are looking to compete again.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

I say wait the three years and don't cut him any breaks.......if he wants to use the KHL as leverage out of Van, he can suffer.  If he's happy to come back to Van before that, awesome.

On 9/8/2017 at 9:53 AM, Derp... said:

Certainly seems like playing in the NHL helped him become a better player.

He must be real impressed with his performance in the KHL... oh wait. It's not the best league in the world. 

Clearly I'm sour over his departure. 

On 9/24/2017 at 3:26 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

In 3 years... lol man I don't like this guy.

At least he said something respectful about the Sedins. 

On 9/24/2017 at 6:42 PM, elvis15 said:

Perhaps the translation was off but this kid still seems entitled and rude if you ask me. 

News flash, it's by far the nicest city in the world you ungrateful .... w.e 

I wondered if we could have another shot at Try since we have a new coaching staff and Green likes his d to pinch and join the rush.  More fun for the D guys.  Not sure if Try fits that style.  He was kind of suited to Willy's back up and clog the middle D.  And Travis Green is super blunt and doesn't cater to any players, so if Try is sensitive to criticism he wont get along with Green, and he just sent Goldy down and Pedan is soon to follow so no Russians. 

2 hours ago, hobart16 said:

I wondered if we could have another shot at Try since we have a new coaching staff and Green likes his d to pinch and join the rush.  More fun for the D guys.  Not sure if Try fits that style.  He was kind of suited to Willy's back up and clog the middle D.  And Travis Green is super blunt and doesn't cater to any players, so if Try is sensitive to criticism he wont get along with Green, and he just sent Goldy down and Pedan is soon to follow so no Russians. 

If he ever comes back, I think it'll come after his three year deal is up with Avto. He was really complimentary of Green in the above interview, so that's quite promising. However, his comment regarding Goldy - if he scores, he should play - is not exactly a sentiment that is going to earn a player ice time in the NHL. In short, now is completely the wrong time. In three years, we may be beginning a real upswing, since I think that marks the arrival of Pettersson in the lineup, Gaudette with a year under his belt, guys like Bo, Stecher, Hutton, Boeser, Virt to be in their primes and established impact players (ideally), and he may considering giving North America another shot. Fingers crossed though - despite what I said, he was amongst my top three favourites to watch last year and I hope he returns

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I think Tryamkin's comment about Goldy playing was an obtuse effort to justify his own claim that he should have got a better playing opportunity from Desjardin. I have not heard him say the same thing about Pedan. Oh, that's right he is competition. B)

and only sort of russian

Edited by tas

On 9/26/2017 at 4:27 PM, apollo said:

He must be real impressed with his performance in the KHL... oh wait. It's not the best league in the world. 

Clearly I'm sour over his departure. 

In 3 years... lol man I don't like this guy.

At least he said something respectful about the Sedins. 

Perhaps the translation was off but this kid still seems entitled and rude if you ask me. 

News flash, it's by far the nicest city in the world you ungrateful .... w.e 

You haven't traveled the world it sounds like, Van is far from nicest, unless you're emo and love rain,  severe traffic massively over inflated house prices. 

There's so many beautiful ocean front towns in Europe

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

No points for Tryamkin today. But he played a game high 27:53 TOI in a 3-2 OT loss.

I'm thinking in three years there will be no spot open for Tryamkin.  We will have more younger guys filling roles, and where will Tryamkin play?  He wants minutes, and will he be good enough to get them?  Loved the guy last season, but the NHL might just pass him by.

• Upvote 1

On October 2, 2017 at 1:06 PM, shad0w4life said:

You haven't traveled the world it sounds like, Van is far from nicest, unless you're emo and love rain,  severe traffic massively over inflated house prices. 

I suspect that logic is not your strong point, but have you ever wondered why Vancouver house prices are so high? Here's a hint: check any list of the worlds most livable cities.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

I suspect that logic is not your strong point, but have you ever wondered why Vancouver house prices are so high? Here's a hint: check any list of the worlds most livable cities.

Much of that is due to foreign investors hiding money in our real estate market.

I think Tryamkin's point with Goldy was that when a player starts to show confidence and success, that should be encouraged so that they can flourish. He isn't wrong, in my opinion anyway. Now did Goldy deserve to make the team out of camp? No. Why? Because Boeser and Virtanen scored and played hard game after game and every time they showed success, they were given more opportunities to succeed. Thus proving Tryamkin's point (in a backwards way).

Edited by Where'd Luongo?
  • Upvote 1

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 1:06 PM, shad0w4life said:

You call Vancouver expensive and then note Europe for compare?!   Have YOU ever traveled?     Many factual articles out there but if you want a city the size of Vancouver, then good luck in Europe for less.   From  your own paper (I believe it is anyway your town's paper), Vancouver is 107th in world....

http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/vancouver-most-expensive-city-in-canada-but-ranked-107th-in-the-world-report

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

I'm thinking in three years there will be no spot open for Tryamkin.  We will have more younger guys filling roles, and where will Tryamkin play?  He wants minutes, and will he be good enough to get them?  Loved the guy last season, but the NHL might just pass him by.

We can also make trades, he is a vital guy for Vancouver and if his speed can be above average he definitely has a role with us. I hope. 

2 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

The 1 million dollar homes were nothing special, again many other locations I'd prefer for that kind of money. 

Foreign investors in Asia, which are now paying big taxes,  caused large price inflation as they tried to shelter income etc

Sure enough 32% drop in sales. Lots of predictions of up to 21% drop in value. 

I never called Van expensive I said home prices were over inflated and weather sucks. In response to Robb

Also liveable....  wages and cost of living due to over inflated home prices is insane.  Montreal keeps getting voted one of the most beautiful places to live,  which was my original point of I'd pick elsewhere to live. Calgary is one of the most liveable cities as well.... Let that sink in.  Plus it's only 140 major cities evaluated for that award. Smaller more beautiful areas aren't evaluated

I lived in Nelson for 18 years,  I'd say best places in BC are Okanogan area hands down.  

Again I replied to someone calling Vancouver the best city in the world, which your argument even solidifies as true. Not sure why you want to completely change the context of what I said to suit yiu accusing me of some false statement. 

Edited by shad0w4life
  • Upvote 1