The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

1 minute ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

No points for Tryamkin today. But he played a game high 27:53 TOI in a 3-2 OT loss.

I'm thinking in three years there will be no spot open for Tryamkin.  We will have more younger guys filling roles, and where will Tryamkin play?  He wants minutes, and will he be good enough to get them?  Loved the guy last season, but the NHL might just pass him by.

• Upvote 1
On October 2, 2017 at 1:06 PM, shad0w4life said:

You haven't traveled the world it sounds like, Van is far from nicest, unless you're emo and love rain,  severe traffic massively over inflated house prices. 

There's so many beautiful ocean front towns in Europe

I suspect that logic is not your strong point, but have you ever wondered why Vancouver house prices are so high? Here's a hint: check any list of the worlds most livable cities.

• Upvote 1
53 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

I suspect that logic is not your strong point, but have you ever wondered why Vancouver house prices are so high? Here's a hint: check any list of the worlds most livable cities.

Much of that is due to foreign investors hiding money in our real estate market.

I think Tryamkin's point with Goldy was that when a player starts to show confidence and success, that should be encouraged so that they can flourish. He isn't wrong, in my opinion anyway. Now did Goldy deserve to make the team out of camp? No. Why? Because Boeser and Virtanen scored and played hard game after game and every time they showed success, they were given more opportunities to succeed. Thus proving Tryamkin's point (in a backwards way).

Edited by Where'd Luongo?
  • Upvote 1
On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 1:06 PM, shad0w4life said:

You haven't traveled the world it sounds like, Van is far from nicest, unless you're emo and love rain,  severe traffic massively over inflated house prices. 

You call Vancouver expensive and then note Europe for compare?!   Have YOU ever traveled?     Many factual articles out there but if you want a city the size of Vancouver, then good luck in Europe for less.   From  your own paper (I believe it is anyway your town's paper), Vancouver is 107th in world....

http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/vancouver-most-expensive-city-in-canada-but-ranked-107th-in-the-world-report

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

I'm thinking in three years there will be no spot open for Tryamkin.  We will have more younger guys filling roles, and where will Tryamkin play?  He wants minutes, and will he be good enough to get them?  Loved the guy last season, but the NHL might just pass him by.

We can also make trades, he is a vital guy for Vancouver and if his speed can be above average he definitely has a role with us. I hope. 

2 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

The 1 million dollar homes were nothing special, again many other locations I'd prefer for that kind of money. 

Foreign investors in Asia, which are now paying big taxes,  caused large price inflation as they tried to shelter income etc

Sure enough 32% drop in sales. Lots of predictions of up to 21% drop in value. 

I never called Van expensive I said home prices were over inflated and weather sucks. In response to Robb

Also liveable....  wages and cost of living due to over inflated home prices is insane.  Montreal keeps getting voted one of the most beautiful places to live,  which was my original point of I'd pick elsewhere to live. Calgary is one of the most liveable cities as well.... Let that sink in.  Plus it's only 140 major cities evaluated for that award. Smaller more beautiful areas aren't evaluated

I lived in Nelson for 18 years,  I'd say best places in BC are Okanogan area hands down.  

Again I replied to someone calling Vancouver the best city in the world, which your argument even solidifies as true. Not sure why you want to completely change the context of what I said to suit yiu accusing me of some false statement. 

Edited by shad0w4life
  • Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Alflives said:

Maybe. Maybe not. Current and future crop of Canucks defencemen are left side defensemen. Tryamkin can play the right side and i don't think Subban is gonna make it- even if he does, he will be a Troy Stecher at best. now, Stecher is a great kid, but his style is up-tempo puck-handling guy. Not big behemoth that flattens people, can breakout and hammer slappers/wristers at the net. Guddy is our guy for that-sort of (except the breakout or the hammer slapper part). but beyond Tanev, Guddy and Stecher, our right side needs help. If either Tanev or Guddy fade in the next 3-4 years,that would be a spot of opportunity for tryamkin.

19 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Sounds like he's working on his shot. I think that if the team still wants him they should stay in contact and suggest parts of his game he needs to work on while he's there.

Ya I'm sure he would love that haha.. ..... He's a long shot to return already, no reason for us to add to that. 

On 10/4/2017 at 5:51 PM, Hairy Kneel said:

Sounds like he's working on his shot. I think that if the team still wants him they should stay in contact and suggest parts of his game he needs to work on while he's there.

Good idea.

We should send him VHS tapes with recordings of Chris Pronger he can study.

• Upvote 1
On 02/10/2017 at 9:06 PM, shad0w4life said:

Well I've travelled the world, and I love Vancouver. 

And yes there is a lot of beautiful ocean towns in Europe as well.

It all depends what you are looking for....

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, spook007 said:

Well I've travelled the world, and I love Vancouver. 

And yes there is a lot of beautiful ocean towns in Europe as well.

It all depends what you are looking for....

Vancouver was beat city in the world was what I was replying to for context. 

Obviously Tryamkin thought otherwise as well ;)

Back on topic:

Hopefully he does come back though might see Green not benching people that score and probably a lot more shared ice time might also appeal to him. I'd rather a guy that wants to be on the ice playing rather than someone who gets a contract and just wants his money. 

1 hour ago, shad0w4life said:

Vancouver was beat city in the world was what I was replying to for context. 

Obviously Tryamkin thought otherwise as well ;)

Back on topic:

Hopefully he does come back though might see Green not benching people that score and probably a lot more shared ice time might also appeal to him. I'd rather a guy that wants to be on the ice playing rather than someone who gets a contract and just wants his money. 

Yeah remains to be seen if he wants back or not... I have my doubts we ever see him again. Yes its always good to see them wanting ice time instead of a contract and good night. But also guess it goes hand in hand. More ice time normally means more money...

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I have lived in Europe and I would love to be able to eventually live in the Vancouver area.   Rainfall amounts in area I have looked at (Fraser Valley South and some of the Vancouver Island/Gulf Island) seem a lot lower than areas in Ontario and Europe I have lived so not sure about the rain thing you talk about.   I also don't know what emo is but most people I have ever met from Vancouver are some of the the friendliest and most genuine I have encountered so perhaps that is emo to you.

Just like some dudes don't like women, you don't like Vancouver.   Doesn't mean others haven't traveled but to use the analogy, they just like women more and to me living anywhere in SW BC would be like living with a beautiful woman.    Just my perspective - not yours, that's fine. 

Poetry...:wub: +1

On 9/25/2017 at 10:21 PM, Honky Cat said:

I couldn't stand Renney when he was the coach of the Canucks..I thought he was arrogant...I guess when he started treating the players like High School kids,they basically tuned him out...They never respected him......Good to see that Tom and Willie have found each other.

hahahaha so funny  :lol:

because I always said "Man, every time i look at that guy (Renney) or he opens his mouth, all I see and hear is a High School teacher"

1x9qag.jpg

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to Nikita Tryamkin | #88 | D
  • -SN- locked this topic
  • -SN- unlocked this topic