The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

20 hours ago, cyoung said:

Doesn't change the fact that he was one of the best of all time. 

If he would have done that playing in Vancouver, he would have been suspended for life, shackled to a Siberian bound trawler, and sent sea-worthy 

I thnik tram just needed more time and rushed over here when he should have got more of his life issues together first

does not mean he will not return and might just want to play for a different city meaning a trade out of here

15 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

I thnik tram just needed more time and rushed over here when he should have got more of his life issues together first

does not mean he will not return and might just want to play for a different city meaning a trade out of here

Look at what is happening with Shipachyov .  He was sent to the A but has returned to Vegas on his own coin because his wife is unhappy. So just training on his own. When there is a wife involved it can get complicated.

1 hour ago, appleboy said:

Look at what is happening with Shipachyov .  He was sent to the A but has returned to Vegas on his own coin because his wife is unhappy. So just training on his own. When there is a wife involved it can get complicated.

No that is an excuse and only that!

Tram made a decision to come play in the NHL then got married.If the wife is unhappy then she needs to figure it out.My wife and any of my friends and family that are married we all support our other and in this case seems to be something different.I will not only blame the wife as something else is going on,but with our old coach WD he was not the best coach for a player like Tram!

13 hours ago, cripplereh said:

No that is an excuse and only that!

Tram made a decision to come play in the NHL then got married.If the wife is unhappy then she needs to figure it out.My wife and any of my friends and family that are married we all support our other and in this case seems to be something different.I will not only blame the wife as something else is going on,but with our old coach WD he was not the best coach for a player like Tram!

He honored the term of his contract. It sounds like you have a social network to lean on. Take your wife to a new country where no one speaks her language and she has 0 friends and family. Then leave her alone for half of the time while you go on the road.

• Upvote 2
8 minutes ago, appleboy said:

He honored the term of his contract. It sounds like you have a social network to lean on. Take your wife to a new country where no one speaks her language and she has 0 friends and family. Then leave her alone for half of the time while you go on the road.

This. He honored the term of his contract. Full stop. He didn't complain to the media while he was here. He came to a new situation, tried it out and figured it wasn't something he wanted.
Blaming his wife for the decision to go back to Russia is wrong. I've had relatives immigrate to different countries, where they didn't speak the language and had no friends. These people are fine, sure, they can live, they get treated pretty well, but the loneliness eats at you and you are always in a grumpy mood. It's definitely no way to start a marriage. 
You also need to take into account that the culture in Russia is different. Let him make his mistakes, learn from them and decide what he wants to do. 

11 minutes ago, Brobidus said:

This. He honored the term of his contract. Full stop. He didn't complain to the media while he was here. He came to a new situation, tried it out and figured it wasn't something he wanted.
Blaming his wife for the decision to go back to Russia is wrong. I've had relatives immigrate to different countries, where they didn't speak the language and had no friends. These people are fine, sure, they can live, they get treated pretty well, but the loneliness eats at you and you are always in a grumpy mood. It's definitely no way to start a marriage. 
You also need to take into account that the culture in Russia is different. Let him make his mistakes, learn from them and decide what he wants to do. 

If you think I am blaming his wife then your wrong. If not then we agree. Once you are married you must consider her feelings and what you have said is dead on. Maybe they will go home for a couple of years and come back. Next time they might be better prepared. Learn English before coming and possible bring a relative to help her adjust. Time will tell but for some people leaving home is just not their gig.  

On 10/6/2017 at 7:57 AM, Rob_Zepp said:

I have lived in Europe and I would love to be able to eventually live in the Vancouver area.   Rainfall amounts in area I have looked at (Fraser Valley South and some of the Vancouver Island/Gulf Island) seem a lot lower than areas in Ontario and Europe I have lived so not sure about the rain thing you talk about.   I also don't know what emo is but most people I have ever met from Vancouver are some of the the friendliest and most genuine I have encountered so perhaps that is emo to you.

Just like some dudes don't like women, you don't like Vancouver.   Doesn't mean others haven't traveled but to use the analogy, they just like women more and to me living anywhere in SW BC would be like living with a beautiful woman.    Just my perspective - not yours, that's fine. 

I've been a few places myself. Plus have worked with a bunch of guys who have worked all over the world...Indonesia, Russia, Europe,Australia, parts of China and Mexico, Venezuela, Cuba...on and on really lol. I work in the natural gas industry and you get to meet some really interesting people if you stay in it long enough.

Anyways, getting to my point. I eventually ended up on Vancouver Island. I love the atmosphere and the way of life here. A lot slower paced. The western side is a lot rainier than the eastern side, Victoria area where I live gets some really mild weather. I like Vancouver and visit quite often, but Victoria is where I settled upon. Victoria is expensive but other towns on the eastern side are quite a bit more affordable. I have co-worker that lives in Ladysmith with his wife (up island) and he loves it there as well...and he's been all over the world lol. It's a great place to be, and you'd have a blast if you visited. 

Cheers!

5 hours ago, appleboy said:

Well you know what you are getting into and marry the person then want to go home

someone needs to grow up there I think

I have many friends who went to other countries and they learn the language and make friends

guess that is to hard to do for some then

On 10/10/2017 at 0:37 PM, cripplereh said:

Well you know what you are getting into and marry the person then want to go home

someone needs to grow up there I think

I have many friends who went to other countries and they learn the language and make friends

guess that is to hard to do for some then

....sounds like they might have been trying to make friends on E.Hastings...easy to do...but not too healthy for you....

I realize there’s a lot of talk about the ‘Tryamkins’ being homesick and missing their ‘Motherland’ of Russia and all their family, which is understandable and even mentioned by Nikita in interviews, although it sounded secondary as to the ice time he received. 

The Canucks, as do all professional sports, have a very inclusive and active ‘girlfriends and wives’ group, with constant gatherings and outings. Perhaps Mrs. Tryamkin didn’t utilize this as much. Family can be flown in, local Russian communities are quite active and easy to locate...

if the culture shock was handled a little better by Canucks PR, and all the cultural options and teammate/family blending was handled with more focus on welcoming and comforting the Tryamkin clan, we would have had a far more successful first impression for Nikita et al.

The red carpet was laid out for Pavel Bure in this way, and although Tryamkin doesn’t come with as much fan fare as Bure, he will definitely become a lineup regular and is already, quite obviously, a fan favourite. I really hope we get a second wack at the big Tree, he just oozes long term character and success for our Canucks. 

1 hour ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Ya he is unreal this year!

You know who else is putting up more points than Tryamkin and are in the top 10 for defensemen in the KHL? Phillip Larsen (15 points) and Marc-André Gragnani (12 points). So, let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, HomeBrew said:

You know who else is putting up more points than Tryamkin and are in the top 10 for defensemen in the KHL? Phillip Larsen (15 points) and Marc-André Gragnani (12 points). So, let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

The difference is Tryamkin showed he can do it in the NHL and they didn't. So, let's not say silly things that are irrelevant.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

The difference is Tryamkin showed he can do it in the NHL and they didn't. So, let's not say silly things that are irrelevant.

And...they want to play in the NHL and Tryamkin doesn't.

• Upvote 1
  • -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to Nikita Tryamkin | #88 | D
  • -SN- locked this topic
  • -SN- unlocked this topic