The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

On 10/20/2017 at 11:25 AM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Weird stuff today in the KHL.

Tryamkin gets a game misconduct. Reportedly for "excessive hand gestures." 

EDIT: hard to tell exactly what he did from that video but it kinda looks like he makes a masturbatory gesture in response to the officials delaying the faceoff. Which I suppose would earn him an ejection (no pun intended).

That's Linus Omark at the dot. He and Tryamkin were at each other, then Omark got tossed from the faceoff and Tryamkin flipped him the bird.
Watch after he gets chased from the dot, he skates over to take position in front of his goalie and makes his own hand gesture towards Tryamkin... looked like he was tapping his knees for some reason (use your imagination here) then Tryamkin gives him the salute and gets tossed, lol

Edited by ArkDepot

16 hours ago, ArkDepot said:

That's Linus Omark at the dot. He and Tryamkin were at each other, then Omark got tossed from the faceoff and Tryamkin flipped him the bird.
Watch after he gets chased from the dot, he skates over to take position in front of his goalie and makes his own hand gesture towards Tryamkin... looked like he was tapping his knees for some reason (use your imagination here) then Tryamkin gives him the salute and gets tossed, lol

Looks like it was the gesture to the officials that got him in trouble.

Tryamkin has been suspended one game and given a fine.

In the 31st minute of Friday's match in Ufa between Salavat Yulaev and Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg, visiting defenseman Nikita Tryamkin was given a game misconduct penalty (20 minutes) for offensive and unsporting behaviour toward the match officials.

After reviewing the episode, the KHL Disciplinary Committee upheld the referee's decision and ruled that Tryamkin must also pay a fine and serve a one-game suspension.

https://en.khl.ru/news/2017/10/22/364587.html

EDIT: looks like he's serving the suspension today and isn't in the lineup for the game (currently being played) against Neftekhimik

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME

4 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Looks like it was the gesture to the officials that got him in trouble.

Tryamkin has been suspended one game and given a fine.

https://en.khl.ru/news/2017/10/22/364587.html

EDIT: looks like he's serving the suspension today and isn't in the lineup for the game (currently being played) against Neftekhimik

What a goon! All those Pronger videos paying off!

• Upvote 2

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 11:21 PM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Poking around the KHL website and noticed a few things.

Tryamkin is currently among the top-20 KHL defensemen in points (T-15th). He's also top-20 among all players in hits (11th) and blocked shots (T-20th). And he's not very far off the top-20 (and definitely trending that way) in TOI/GP. He's also getting close to the top-20 in shots taken (among Ds).

The KHL has 27 teams. Based on Tryamkin's performance thus far this season (ie: being top-20 or close in several key areas), one could argue he's quickly becoming a #1D at the KHL level.

That's if he isn't already a clear cut #1D. He leads Avtomobilist's entire D in TOI/G, points, assists, SOG, and hits (and he's 2nd in blocked shots).

And at 23 years old, he's one of the youngest players to crack the top-20 leaguewide (or lead his team) in most of the categories mentioned above. 

Not gonna wade into the debate over what this all means in terms of league strengths and equivalencies (you guys are doing fine without me ;)), but based on what he's accomplishing over there, I'm feeling like it's pretty safe to say he's taken another step forward in his development and maturation as a player.

I really hope he comes back eventually. 

But at this point, I'm starting to worry that if he becomes a #1D in the KHL, his club (or worse, one of the richer KHL teams) is gonna offer to pay him like a #1D on his next contract. And that might make it even more difficult to lure him back.

Wow nice footwork, thank you I love these updates.

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 10:16 AM, zduck14 said:

I think you're right that it could become more difficult to get Tryamkin back here. It's easy to look at the stats and see that he's becoming a top D-man in the KHL but I can tell you from having watched several of Avtomobilists games this year, he really looks the part of a #1 D-man over there. Every game I've watched he's been the best player on the ice. His size obviously catches your eye first but the way he seems to control the game over there reminds me a lot of how Pronger used to do so in the NHL.

I'm really hoping he comes back to Vancouver but you may be right that it's going to become harder to pry him away from the comfort zone of his home country and the KHL.

So glad you noticed this too, hes actually good with the puck and I think that fell under the radar, throw in the fact that hes starting to get a taste

for heavy shots and offense.. man oh man if we lose him. I'm serious when I say he could be our generational player we so badly need.

Tryamkin back in the lineup for today's game versus Ak Bars.

And in "blast from the past" news, Canucks 2002 7th rounder Ilya Krikunov will be joining Tryamkin in Avto's starting lineup. He's their 1LW and leading scorer.

EDIT: Tryamkin plays 20:34 TOI in Avto's 2-1 SO victory. No points, 2 SOG, 2 PIM (boarding), 3 blocked shots, 3 hits.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME

He has been selected for their national Euro Cup team (Karjala Cup).

He probably has a really good shot of playing for them in the Olympics on a team that has to be one of the favorites.

Reports are Gaudette has been contacted about the US Olympic team and Juolevi for Finland.

It could have more Canucks property players in the tournament than if the NHL was playing.  A little but glad we didn’t have to see a Swedish team where the Sedins were left off.

Edited by Provost

19 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

It's too bad we couldn't trade the rights to Tryamkin (plus a player) to TB for Foote. I doubt Tryamkin comes back to VAN.

Whether he comes back to Van or not likely depends on how Benning handled his return to Russia. 

8 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

It's too bad we couldn't trade the rights to Tryamkin (plus a player) to TB for Foote. I doubt Tryamkin comes back to VAN.

This would be great if it was realistic. I'd give Yzerman permission to talk to Tryamkin. We could get a good asset for him if he agrees to come back to a team he likes. 

16 hours ago, Erik Karlsson said:

I think he would have fit Greens system well. Having him and this seasons Gudbranson on the team would be a nightmare for other teams.  I really hope he comes back. Does he have an out clause?

I could be corrected on this, but once a Players season is finished in the KHL, I believe his contract could be bought out by that player.

Tryamkin could be a generational Defenceman,.  at 23 years old he shows the ear marks of wanting to dominate in his position.

Others here would gladly trade his rights away, but with that kind of  potential, I would be happier holding on to that kind hope, and filling his vacancy in the mean time.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

I could be corrected on this, but once a Players season is finished in the KHL, I believe his contract could be bought out by that player.

Tryamkin could be a generational Defenceman,.  at 23 years old he shows the ear marks of wanting to dominate in his position.

Others here would gladly trade his rights away, but with that kind of  potential, I would be happier holding on to that kind hope, and filling his vacancy in the mean time.

I really miss watching the BIG GUY play.  He was just starting to add offence to his game at the end of last season too.  God, with Green's new style of encouraging the D to move up into the play, Tryamkin could certainly become that elite dman we have never had.  Damn it!!!!:(

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

This is getting out of hand. 

• Upvote 3

@Horvat is a BossWhy is that? Are you fearful to speculate?

Ive watched Tryamkin since he appeared in the World Juniors as an 18yr old.. not just after he hopped off the plane after a 26hr journey from Russia making his way to Rogers Arena to practice, merely a couple of hours after arriving.

Skeptics like yourself had the audacity to comment on how slow he was... others realized his strength, willingness, and commitment.

Kid needed a Coach who believed  in him that’s all, one who would encourage his strengths.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ryanbiech/status/905490289745211392/photo/1

Edited by SilentSam
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Looks like he went coast to coast again last game:

The one from September (same as @SilentSam linked in the post above):

Gotta Love it Sid.

Nik could be the “ace up the sleeve” that some teams never hold rights to.

I could not think of trading his kind of potential away..  especially if it leaves other players a position in the system to step up and show in the meantime.

This is a no loss situation that has the potential to be a welcome surprise.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SilentSam said:

@Horvat is a BossWhy is that? Are you fearful to speculate?

Ive watched Tryamkin since he appeared in the World Juniors as an 18yr old.. not just after he hopped off the plane after a 26hr journey from Russia making his way to Rogers Arena to practice, merely a couple of hours after arriving.

Skeptics like yourself had the audacity to comment on how slow he was... others realized his strength, willingness, and commitment.

Kid needed a Coach who believed  in him that’s all, one who would encourage his strengths.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ryanbiech/status/905490289745211392/photo/1

That's simply not true, at least not for me. Making stuff up doesn't help your case. 

In my humble opinion, there is one clear cut generational player in hockey right now; Crosby. You could make strong arguments for one of McDavid or Karlsson to join him (I think I'd personally lean slightly more towards Karlsson in that debate, but that's another matter). The term "generational" is thrown around way too lightly I feel. 

If you think Tryamkin was close to having the same effect as Karlsson on the game, team and league, your out to lunch. It's simply not even remotely close. He wasn't even the best defenseman on the 29th place team last year. Edler, Tanev and Stetcher were all better than him. With our current defense core, Gudbranson would also likely be ahead of him as well. That right there doesn't warrant solid top-4 status, let alone top-2, 1D, franchise or generational status. 

Right now he's showing that he is beginning to dominate as a defenseman: In the KHL, as a 23-year old. If you think that warrants generational player status, wait until you hear about Rasmus Dahlin. He's been playing in the SHL since he was 16 and has consistently made men look like pylons. Given Dahlin's younger age, dynamic impact and tougher opposition, it's safe to say he's better than Tryamkin. The thing is, even Dahlin has a higher chance of not being a generational defenseman than actually reaching that status. If Dahlin has a slight chance, Tryamkin has no chance. 

But, since we're talking about potential and backing it up with a highlight of a single goal, I'll introduce to you a bunch of other potential "generational" defenseman, including Dahlin. In fact, these players are eligible for the 2018 draft. That means that there are multiple potential "generational" defenseman in this draft.

That's Rasmus Dahlin, a potential "generational" defenseman.

Ryan Merkley, a potential "generational" defenseman.

Adam Boqvist, potential "generational" defenseman. 

Quinn Hughes, a potential "generational" defenseman. 

I hope you see how ridiculous this stuff is now. 

Edited by Horvat is a Boss
  • Upvote 1