The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

2 hours ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

That's simply not true, at least not for me. Making stuff up doesn't help your case. 

In my humble opinion, there is one clear cut generational player in hockey right now; Crosby. You could make strong arguments for one of McDavid or Karlsson to join him (I think I'd personally lean slightly more towards Karlsson in that debate, but that's another matter). The term "generational" is thrown around way too lightly I feel. 

If you think Tryamkin was close to having the same effect as Karlsson on the game, team and league, your out to lunch. It's simply not even remotely close. He wasn't even the best defenseman on the 29th place team last year. Edler, Tanev and Stetcher were all better than him. With our current defense core, Gudbranson would also likely be ahead of him as well. That right there doesn't warrant solid top-4 status, let alone top-2, 1D, franchise or generational status. 

Right now he's showing that he is beginning to dominate as a defenseman: In the KHL, as a 23-year old. If you think that warrants generational player status, wait until you hear about Rasmus Dahlin. He's been playing in the SHL since he was 16 and has consistently made men look like pylons. Given Dahlin's younger age, dynamic impact and tougher opposition, it's safe to say he's better than Tryamkin. The thing is, even Dahlin has a higher chance of not being a generational defenseman than actually reaching that status. If Dahlin has a slight chance, Tryamkin has no chance. 

But, since we're talking about potential and backing it up with a highlight of a single goal, I'll introduce to you a bunch of other potential "generational" defenseman, including Dahlin. In fact, these players are eligible for the 2018 draft. That means that there are multiple potential "generational" defenseman in this draft.

That's Rasmus Dahlin, a potential "generational" defenseman.

Ryan Merkley, a potential "generational" defenseman.

Adam Boqvist, potential "generational" defenseman. 

Quinn Hughes, a potential "generational" defenseman. 

I hope you see how ridiculous this stuff is now. 

None of them possess the same physical stats of Lebron James and skate like an Orr.

Call that generational, dimensional, or what ever you want..   But I believe Tryamkin has the potential to be as dynamic as a Burns, Byfuglien, or Chara.

• Upvote 2

On 10/22/2017 at 7:46 AM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Looks like it was the gesture to the officials that got him in trouble.

Tryamkin has been suspended one game and given a fine.

https://en.khl.ru/news/2017/10/22/364587.html

EDIT: looks like he's serving the suspension today and isn't in the lineup for the game (currently being played) against Neftekhimik

Maybe the KHL honeymoon is over? :bigblush:

11 hours ago, SilentSam said:

None of them possess the same physical stats of Lebron James and skate like an Orr.

Call that generational, dimensional, or what ever you want..   But I believe Tryamkin has the potential to be as dynamic as a Burns, Byfuglien, or Chara.

Still stewing in the shock of losing Tryamkin back to the KHL. I am hoping that Benning can lure him back at some point but as the time closes towards his becoming a UFA moving him might be the only option. The better he does in the KHL the more value he gains either for the Canucks or as a trade chip. I like the Burns comparable. Karlsson is a truly unique d-man and IMO there is no one like him on the back end of any NHL team. That said his d-zone coverage can be bad at times. Methot was a big part of Karlsson's effectiveness. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Still stewing in the shock of losing Tryamkin back to the KHL. I am hoping that Benning can lure him back at some point but as the time closes towards his becoming a UFA moving him might be the only option. The better he does in the KHL the more value he gains either for the Canucks or as a trade chip. I like the Burns comparable. Karlsson is a truly unique d-man and IMO there is no one like him on the back end of any NHL team. That said his d-zone coverage can be bad at times. Methot was a big part of Karlsson's effectiveness. 

Yeah, I would say Karlsson's d-zone coverage can be bad. His minus-6 in one game just set an all-time record for the team. Given the choice between having him or Tram right now, at their current ages, I think I would choose Tram.

Edited by WeneedLumme

4 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Well Tryamkin's contract in the KHL expires exactly one year before we lose our right to him, meaning that we don't really have to panic about that.  

In fact, I'd say there's a decent shot of him playing out his 3 year contract in the KHL and then signing with us.

1 hour ago, WeneedLumme said:

Yeah, I would say Karlsson's d-zone coverage can be bad. His minus-6 in one game just set an all-time record for the team. Given the choice between having him or Tram right now, at their current ages, I think I would choose Tram.

haha.

karlsson is the best defenceman in the world. last year, tryamkin wasn't even close to the best defenceman on the second worst team in the nhl, and still wouldn't be. 

watch other teams sometimes. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, tas said:

haha.

karlsson is the best defenceman in the world. last year, tryamkin wasn't even close to the best defenceman on the second worst team in the nhl, and still wouldn't be. 

watch other teams sometimes. 

Karlsson may be the best offensive Dman in the world. Defensively, not so much. Tram is several years younger, is continuing to improve, has dimensions that Karlsson doesn't have, and his age fits better into the age range of the Canucks best young players/prospects. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, WeneedLumme said:

Karlsson may be the best offensive Dman in the world. Defensively, not so much. Tram is several years younger, is continuing to improve, has dimensions that Karlsson doesn't have, and his age fits better into the age range of the Canucks best young players/prospects. 

karlsson's defensive game is underrated. it's better than tryamkin's defensive game by a country mile. 

as far as the age difference goes, despite the 4 year gap, I'd bet my paycheque that tryamkin's career fades away before karlsson's does. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

2017-18  Yekaterinburg Automobilist KHL   27 games     4 g's     10 asst    14pts   56 pm's    +7

Wonder how his wife is doing?

Hopefully dreaming about yaughts and homes in various luxury cities around the world and studying English.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

Lmaooooo you can't be serious 

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Could the Aquas pay Elton John top dollar to fly over there, then sing his 80's hit "Nikita" with a woeful look in the eye? He's good at swapping the words around to fit the moment.

I don't think Tryamkin swings that way.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

I don't know if I've ever been so physically disgusted by a post on this site before. 

Must suck being so oversensitive  an opinion about a hockey player you don't share makes you physically ill.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3