The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

Sorry to reminisce here...  but Tryamkin was the only glimmer of hope on the Canucks when looking at the future for a long time.  

Thankfully we have Granlund, Boeser, Sven and Bo now to give me hope for the future.  

I still think that we might have a better, faster version of Hal Gill on our hands here.  Just a reminder that Hal Gill was the most influential defenseman on the Penguin teams that won it all or went very deep in the playoffs.  He also carried the Canadiens through to the Conference Finals one year.  

We should do an online flood campaign at some point to let him know that he'll be welcomed with open hands back here after his team gets knocked out haha

Tryamkin named as KHLs best defensemen of the month

http://en.khl.ru/news/2017/11/02/366510.html

"Best defenseman was Nikita Tryamkin (Avtomobilist). The 23-year-old Russian had a superb October, helping the Yekaterinburg team to victory in seven of his 11 appearances, topping up his account with 8 (3+5) points, a +3 efficiency rating, 18 blocks, 23 hits (more than any other defenseman), and an average of more than 21 minutes on the ice. Tryamkin ended October with a four-point game and a call-up to the Russian national team;"

Good news to hear, hoping he comes back when he's a little more mature physically and mentally. I still hold him in high esteem and think he could be a huge part of the Canucks future. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Sorry to reminisce here...  but Tryamkin was the only glimmer of hope on the Canucks when looking at the future for a long time.  

Thankfully we have Granlund, Boeser, Sven and Bo now to give me hope for the future.  

I still think that we might have a better, faster version of Hal Gill on our hands here.  Just a reminder that Hal Gill was the most influential defenseman on the Penguin teams that won it all or went very deep in the playoffs.  He also carried the Canadiens through to the Conference Finals one year.  

We should do an online flood campaign at some point to let him know that he'll be welcomed with open hands back here after his team gets knocked out haha

Uh, Horvat? And him and those other guys were all on the team at the same time (with Boeser joining late in the year). If Tryamkin was the only glimmer of hope you had, you weren't paying attention.

But while Tryamkin has some great tools in his toolbox, he's never dominated a league at the pro level to the point I'd reasonably project him as possibly generational. He's got lots of time to continue to improve so I wouldn't rule out a Chara-like career, but I also wouldn't take him over current top defencemen like Karlsson, Burns or Hedman with all other things considered equal because he could be good.

4 hours ago, elvis15 said:

Uh, Horvat? And him and those other guys were all on the team at the same time (with Boeser joining late in the year). If Tryamkin was the only glimmer of hope you had, you weren't paying attention.

But while Tryamkin has some great tools in his toolbox, he's never dominated a league at the pro level to the point I'd reasonably project him as possibly generational. He's got lots of time to continue to improve so I wouldn't rule out a Chara-like career, but I also wouldn't take him over current top defencemen like Karlsson, Burns or Hedman with all other things considered equal because he could be good.

Oh really?  

You wouldn't take him over Karlsson, Burns, or Hedman?

you wouldn't?     

No sh!t.  Lol. 

Nobody was calling him 'generational' or compare him to Norris winning dmen. 

He really was one one of the only glimmers of hope from last year.  

Yeah, Bo had a good year, but most people saw that coming.  

Boessers coming in was special, but it was only a small handful of games.  

Why always so dramatic?

The guy is talking about Hall Gill and you are talking about Karlsson.  Hahahaha 

• Upvote 3

Tied for 2nd in points and third in +/-'s on his team. Team in currently 3rd in standings. Tied for 7th in points for defencemen in league standings and youngest player in that category, averaging 20:43 minutes per game, 5th in the league for hits, ....yep, he is the stud this team needed and this management group managed to alienate him, leave him hanging out to dry, insult him and not bother to explain to him....anything.

Then they blamed his wife, the city, him being homesick anything but admit they were wrong.

Good draft pick though, very good European scouts.

I guess the neg votes are because I gave credit to the European scouts instead of Benning.

The rest is just what the club stated and his actual stats.

Edited by TheGuardian_
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Tied for 2nd in points and third in +/-'s on his team. Team in currently 3rd in standings. Tied for 7th in points for defencemen in league standings and youngest player in that category, averaging 20:43 minutes per game, 5th in the league for hits, ....yep, he is the stud this team needed and this management group managed to alienate him, leave him hanging out to dry, insult him and not bother to explain to him....anything.

Then they blamed his wife, the city, him being homesick anything but admit they were wrong.

How does the saying go? If you can't say something nice, don't say it at all?

We get it, most people really liked Tryamkin and are unhappy that he left to go back to the KHL. Management probably could have handled the situation better.

BUT CAN WE PLEASE STOP BEATING A DEAD HORSE! I'm tired of seeing complaining every time I open this thread. The point has been made, now please let's move on. Your post could have been made without the lengthy jab at management.

• Upvote 4

On 11/2/2017 at 9:53 PM, RetroCanuck said:

Tryamkin named as KHLs best defensemen of the month

http://en.khl.ru/news/2017/11/02/366510.html

"Best defenseman was Nikita Tryamkin (Avtomobilist). The 23-year-old Russian had a superb October, helping the Yekaterinburg team to victory in seven of his 11 appearances, topping up his account with 8 (3+5) points, a +3 efficiency rating, 18 blocks, 23 hits (more than any other defenseman), and an average of more than 21 minutes on the ice. Tryamkin ended October with a four-point game and a call-up to the Russian national team;"

Good news to hear, hoping he comes back when he's a little more mature physically and mentally. I still hold him in high esteem and think he could be a huge part of the Canucks future. 

Why am I not surprised. Congrats Nikita! By the time we reach Coney Island hopefully Try will come out to "play-ay-ay".

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, TheGuardian_ said:

more complicated than that.  In his interview he said the main issue was family.   If he was in Van hard to think he is going to get more minutes than Tanev, Del Zotto, Elder and would be a 4,5,6 guy most nights.     He will be back in the NHL at some point either with us or traded for a very decent player or pick.    

6 hours ago, samurai said:

more complicated than that.  In his interview he said the main issue was family.   If he was in Van hard to think he is going to get more minutes than Tanev, Del Zotto, Elder and would be a 4,5,6 guy most nights.     He will be back in the NHL at some point either with us or traded for a very decent player or pick.    

Hear Edmonton wants him.

On 11/3/2017 at 6:20 AM, drummerboy said:

Oh really?  

You wouldn't take him over Karlsson, Burns, or Hedman?

you wouldn't?     

No ****.  Lol. 

Nobody was calling him 'generational' or compare him to Norris winning dmen. 

Why always so dramatic?

The guy is talking about Hall Gill and you are talking about Karlsson.  Hahahaha 

Uh, have you not been reading the posts from the previous page? This is the one that started the Karlsson discussion I was referencing in the second part of my post:

On 11/2/2017 at 12:54 PM, WeneedLumme said:

Yeah, I would say Karlsson's d-zone coverage can be bad. His minus-6 in one game just set an all-time record for the team. Given the choice between having him or Tram right now, at their current ages, I think I would choose Tram.

And yes, generational has been thrown around in previous posts:

On 10/23/2017 at 10:45 PM, Shirotashi said:

So glad you noticed this too, hes actually good with the puck and I think that fell under the radar, throw in the fact that hes starting to get a taste

for heavy shots and offense.. man oh man if we lose him. I'm serious when I say he could be our generational player we so badly need.

On 11/1/2017 at 1:21 PM, SilentSam said:

I could be corrected on this, but once a Players season is finished in the KHL, I believe his contract could be bought out by that player.

Tryamkin could be a generational Defenceman,.  at 23 years old he shows the ear marks of wanting to dominate in his position.

Others here would gladly trade his rights away, but with that kind of  potential, I would be happier holding on to that kind hope, and filling his vacancy in the mean time.

On 11/1/2017 at 9:35 PM, SilentSam said:

None of them possess the same physical stats of Lebron James and skate like an Orr.

Call that generational, dimensional, or what ever you want..   But I believe Tryamkin has the potential to be as dynamic as a Burns, Byfuglien, or Chara.

I guess I need to make that crystal clear for you just in case you haven't been following along. :rolleyes:

On 11/3/2017 at 6:20 AM, drummerboy said:

He really was one one of the only glimmers of hope from last year.  

Yeah, Bo had a good year, but most people saw that coming.  

Boessers coming in was special, but it was only a small handful of games.  

One of the glimmers, sure, but the post I replied to said the only glimmer of hope, not one of. I just pointed out a number of other ones that very much also were players to make people hopeful about the Canucks future.

Edited by elvis15

14 hours ago, elvis15 said:

Uh, have you not been reading the posts from the previous page? This is the one that started the Karlsson discussion I was referencing in the second part of my post:

And yes, generational has been thrown around in previous posts:

I guess I need to make that crystal clear for you just in case you haven't been following along. :rolleyes:

One of the glimmers, sure, but the post I replied to said the only glimmer of hope, not one of. I just pointed out a number of other ones that very much also were players to make people hopeful about the Canucks future.

Were not making direct comparisons to other Elite D, so much as we are trying to predict the celling for this guy. He has the potential to be an elite level defenseman. If you don't think that potential is there then you didn't watch him very much last year did you? I did. I tell you hes solid gold.

Edited by Shirotashi
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Shirotashi said:

Were not making direct comparisons to other Elite D, so much as we are trying to predict the celling for this guy. He has the potential to be an elite level defenseman. If you don't think that potential is there then you didn't watch him very much last year did you? I did. I tell you hes solid gold.

I agree Shiotashi,.  and I stand by my remarks earlier.. Nik has the potential, and could be as Dynamic and Generational as other big D men.

• Upvote 2