The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

At least until the kid started scoring as a Canuck.

Tryramkin so far looks like a project for much longer than his current KHL contract anyway, so I wouldn't be worried about that. Emelin didn't come over until he was 25. Finally turning into a regular top-4 guy at 28. Tryramkin's a different player, but, whoa.

Yeah I agree, there is no rush.

The agent for #Canucks draft pick Nikita Tryamkin says the money problems in KHL have not effected Tryamkin's team as far as he knows.
The 20 year old defenseman Tryamkin has a 2 year deal in Russia, he is not signed by the #Canucks yet.
Edited by -Vintage Canuck-

(how do u embed yt vids)

I honestly to say i didnt expected this game on my stream but it did!
here's a game highlight of Tryamkin this morning..

unfortunately, ive only caught latter half of the game ( i think u guys can cut me some slack since the game started at 6am) and he was pretty much benched latter half of 3rd: short shifts, his team was pushing etc etc)
(i mightve missed a shift of two but most likely wouldnt made much difference)

PS remember, this is just one game...use small sample size excuse

he gets scored on PK at 2:00

also OT but Gilbert Brule (#7 if he's in the vid) and Mike Keenan sighting!!! (HC for Magnitogorsk whove won their championship last year with him and top 5 team in KHL)...that face! argh!naughty.gif

Edited by ihaveyuidonttouchme

Thanks for the vid. Always liked his forward skating ability for a big guy. But he's incredibly raw on defense and frequently out of position. Could stand some more muscle by the looks of it, and needs to be more physical than this if he is to be an NHLer.

Some good tools. Long way to go.

The guy is still young, could grow an inch and will without question pack on 20+ pounds as he grows and transitions into an actual man.

he's gonna get stronger and he will clean up his defensive issues in the AHL/NHL without question.

The biggest standout for me in all of his videos is the fact that he's Chara size yet skates like he's 5 foot 8. He's fast he's got an amazing first 3 for a guy that big as well. When you factor in his skating with his size it's hard not to see this translating into NHL success.

A large knock on large D men like this is that lack of speed/acceleration from a standing position. PWFs and smaller forwards chuckle and usually dance around them unless they've got that positional awareness.

yet Tryamkin seems to just explode from a standing position and I don't care how skilled you are, when you are facing an out of nowhere, at speed 260 pound D-man, it's gonna throw you off your game.

Kids got a long way to go but he can sure say he has all the tools to be successful doing it

(how do u embed yt vids)

I honestly to say i didnt expected this game on my stream but it did!

here's a game highlight of Tryamkin this morning..

unfortunately, ive only caught latter half of the game ( i think u guys can cut me some slack since the game started at 6am) and he was pretty much benched latter half of 3rd: short shifts, his team was pushing etc etc)

(i mightve missed a shift of two but most likely wouldnt made much difference)

PS remember, this is just one game...use small sample size excuse

he gets scored on PK at 2:00

also OT but Gilbert Brule (#7 if he's in the vid) and Mike Keenan sighting!!! (HC for Magnitogorsk whove won their championship last year with him and top 5 team in KHL)...that face! argh!naughty.gif

Thanks fore the post. First thing I noticed was his lateral movement. Uses his size and momentum to his advantage to get better position.

On another note, i also noted him paired with former NHLer Sami Lepisto at 1:20. A veteran guy that can give him pointers about the game. I like seeing that.

If Gillis drafted Nichushkin last year with the 9th overall pick this board would be so paranoid. "KHL threat! Gillis you idiot"

Gillis never once used his Russian scout during his six years on the job so it's not even realistic to even consider he would ever educate himself on an elite Russian player and dare to take one at #9.

Within weeks as GM Benning drafts a Russian that has two years of KHL experience under his belt at 19 years of age.

“The (KHL) money is not an issue,” Tryamkin said with Chibisov translating. “Coming to the NHL is the next step in (my) career. It’s the best league in the world.

“I want to come.”

Asked to describe the type of player he is, Tryamkin said:

“I’m a defensive d-man who can join the rush once in a while,” Tryamkin said. “I can handle myself in a fight and protect my teammates.”

Under Mike Gillis, the Canucks did not draft a Russian by policy, and it’s in part why they missed on Valeri Nichuskin last year.

But Benning told Canucks Russian scout Sergei Chibisov that drafting players from the Motherland is finally a go again.

“Jim said there is no issue there,” Chibisov said.

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2014/06/28/canucks-can-draft-russians-again-and-they-get-a-huge-one/

• Upvote 1

6 foot 7 inches and 220+ actually.

155 pound guy that tall would probably shatter his shin bones hitting the ice

lul. Even possible?

maybe 155 kilo's one day. Probably after his career is over though.

sorry CDC you can clearly see i meant 255. typo my bad

Edited by Outsiders