The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

I think a promise to his new young bride out weighed many things, I believe he knew he could work through the negativity belched by WD, and wanted to prove that.

Im sure his wife understands he needs and wants to play in the NHL..  He will become the War Horse there,. needing to find his pastures of fame and fortune here.

Anything can happen,  but when the option exists to buy yourself out of your contract in the KHL at any seasons end,  it is an option that can allow that “anything” to happen.

11 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

So my take on this as I have said before

I think Tryamkin was a little Naïve and immature, about his thoughts of the NHL

I think that he was really out of shape when he arrived

I think he put in extra effort to get in shape, but that took some time

I think he didn't want to go to Utica because of his contract, which was probably discussed at signing time

I also think he didn't trust that he would come back after 2 games......we don't know what that mistrust was based on

I think he didn't want to leave his wife in Vancouver based on the above.....and he was in love

I think Tryamkin got stronger every game he was here

I think he didn't want to fight...............can you blame him? Especially if he was being pushed in that direction

I think Tryamkin's gap control was getting better and better

I think he hit like a friggin truck

I think he showed very well for the type of player he is in his first year (rookie)

I think every NHL player knew about Tryamkin and how hard he hit

I think his reach intimidated opposing attacking wingers

I think most opposing teams ended up trying to go down the other side......and that is the biggest compliment another team could make

Followed by Opposing Teams bigger players challenging him and loosing when they would try pushing him.....aka highlite film

I think Tryamkin was our 5th best Dman by the middle of the season and our 4th best by the end

I think he had much more potential and would have developed nicely in a starting 4 player

I think Tryamkin has been over judged by the Media and fans for being young and from another country

And again CDC shows no patience...

I also think Bennings offer was lower than what Tryamkin expected with every said and done

Tryamkin thought he could go back and be just happy if not happier in Russia around family and friends

And you guys are crapping all over him

Tryamkin here is better than Tryamkin over there

• Upvote 2

@Hairy Kneel@janisahockeynut

..this just recently up on Big Nik’s Instagram... look who is wearing her favorite mittens !!

Kinda heart warming I must say, and to still see Nik in that Gigantic St Patrick’s day sweater..  I still say he resembles the Big Irishman ;) 

Someone send that man a Cigar!!

A9E8C8EF-E89C-46F7-86CE-2452B1FE7330.png

Edited by SilentSam
  • Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

..this just recently up on Big Nik’s Instagram... look who is wearing her favorite mittens !!

Kinda heart warming I must say, and to still see Nik in that Gigantic St Patrick’s day sweater..  I still say he resembles the Big Irishman ;) 

She looks happy and settled. Happy wife happy life! Now hopefully she can see the bigger picture of what his career with the Canucks would be contract wise. They could make a lot more money here and invest in their children's future maybe? Love the Canada mittens!!

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Wow, I'm actually encouraged by this. Its an intentional message for sure, I also like the fact that he has not changed his profile pic. There is hope yet.

Fuk I love this kid.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

So my take on this as I have said before

I think Tryamkin was a little Naïve and immature, about his thoughts of the NHL

I think that he was really out of shape when he arrived

I think he put in extra effort to get in shape, but that took some time

I think he didn't want to go to Utica because of his contract, which was probably discussed at signing time

I also think he didn't trust that he would come back after 2 games......we don't know what that mistrust was based on

I think he didn't want to leave his wife in Vancouver based on the above.....and he was in love

I think Tryamkin got stronger every game he was here

I think he didn't want to fight...............can you blame him? Especially if he was being pushed in that direction

I think Tryamkin's gap control was getting better and better

I think he hit like a friggin truck

I think he showed very well for the type of player he is in his first year (rookie)

I think every NHL player knew about Tryamkin and how hard he hit

I think his reach intimidated opposing attacking wingers

I think most opposing teams ended up trying to go down the other side......and that is the biggest compliment another team could make

Followed by Opposing Teams bigger players challenging him and loosing when they would try pushing him.....aka highlite film

I think Tryamkin was our 5th best Dman by the middle of the season and our 4th best by the end

I think he had much more potential and would have developed nicely in a starting 4 player

I think Tryamkin has been over judged by the Media and fans for being young and from another country

And again CDC shows no patience...

I also think Bennings offer was lower than what Tryamkin expected with every said and done

Tryamkin thought he could go back and be just happy if not happier in Russia around family and friends

And you guys are crapping all over him

Tryamkin here is better than Tryamkin over there

I agree with almost all of your points, especially the bolded. IMO a little to much is being put on Desjardin for his desire that Tryamkin being more physical. Sadly I think that Gudbranson's injury probably impacted Tryamkin's development more than any other Canuck. If Gudbranson had played the year Tryamkin's development could have been more sheltered while he saw how Gudbranson used his physicality. Another point I would put forward is the pressure of playing in Van where a forest of mics met him after every game. 

I am certainly no fan of Tryamkin developing his game in the KHL. IMHO the KHL is highly over rated especially on the d-side. Tryamkin could easily waste the duration of his contract there if playing in the NHL is his ultimate plan. Fans like to compare Tryamkin with Chara. Chara was developed in Canada not Russia.  

• Upvote 3

If KHL players aren't allowed to go to the Olympics is that better or worse for Tryamkin's chances of coming back to the NHL?

If he goes he shows he can play on the world stage, if he stays, maybe he is mad at the KHL and it helps facilitate a move back to the NHL in time.

40 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

9EQkTvk.gif

Please come back 

I'm convinced that he has the potential to become a #1 dman in the NHL. He has all of the tools and a good iq for the game. I can't believe he left what a kick in the balls. 

Edited by Kungfudru

It sure would be good to get this guy back into the fold.

I sure hope they don't trade away his rights and/or can convince him to come back early.

I would definitely offer up Gudbranson type money, maybe even a little more.

Blake Price Retweeted

In November @tryamkin94 led the KHL defensemen's list with 42 shots, 28 hits, 15 blocked shots, and for 2nd straight time was named the D-man of the month!pic.twitter.com/eJ8Lpp7VCc

DQCmjqiWsAALgSu.jpg

Edited by TheGuardian_
  • Thanks 1

It seems like the time spent here has benefitted him for sure.

It would be great if we can get him back in the season after the next one. In my opinion, if we draft one more high-end prospect in 2018, we should be ready to compete for real in 2019.

6 minutes ago, Industrious1 said:

Pretty sure we've burnt that bridge.

Time to look towards the future and not towards the past.

We have his rights until 2022. Lots can happen.

My prediction is that he'll come back to the Canucks in 2021. If not, the Canucks will trade his rights for a prospect to the team that he WANTS to sign with.

He seems happy in the KHL. Shame he couldnt be happy here. Oh well, he just wasnt mature enough for the NHL right now.