The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

It seems like the time spent here has benefitted him for sure.

It would be great if we can get him back in the season after the next one. In my opinion, if we draft one more high-end prospect in 2018, we should be ready to compete for real in 2019.

6 minutes ago, Industrious1 said:

Pretty sure we've burnt that bridge.

Time to look towards the future and not towards the past.

We have his rights until 2022. Lots can happen.

My prediction is that he'll come back to the Canucks in 2021. If not, the Canucks will trade his rights for a prospect to the team that he WANTS to sign with.

He seems happy in the KHL. Shame he couldnt be happy here. Oh well, he just wasnt mature enough for the NHL right now.

Trade his rights to Tampa.  Perhaps Kucherov can coax him back.

Edler (potential to retain - this season only).

Tryamkin

Baertschi

Foote

Killorn

Cirelli

Koekkoek

1st 19

Edited by oldnews

@TheGuardian_

Thanks for posting this.  Some will believe its crying over spilt milk.  And I think you have had some negative threads?

But this is just information.  And I think its fine to be fan of Tryamkin, the hockey player. Hope he comes back?  

And a great pic.

18 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

So my take on this as I have said before

I think Tryamkin was a little Naïve and immature, about his thoughts of the NHL

I think that he was really out of shape when he arrived

I think he put in extra effort to get in shape, but that took some time

I think he didn't want to go to Utica because of his contract, which was probably discussed at signing time

I also think he didn't trust that he would come back after 2 games......we don't know what that mistrust was based on

I think he didn't want to leave his wife in Vancouver based on the above.....and he was in love

I think Tryamkin got stronger every game he was here

I think he didn't want to fight...............can you blame him? Especially if he was being pushed in that direction

I think Tryamkin's gap control was getting better and better

I think he hit like a friggin truck

I think he showed very well for the type of player he is in his first year (rookie)

I think every NHL player knew about Tryamkin and how hard he hit

I think his reach intimidated opposing attacking wingers

I think most opposing teams ended up trying to go down the other side......and that is the biggest compliment another team could make

Followed by Opposing Teams bigger players challenging him and loosing when they would try pushing him.....aka highlite film

I think Tryamkin was our 5th best Dman by the middle of the season and our 4th best by the end

I think he had much more potential and would have developed nicely in a starting 4 player

I think Tryamkin has been over judged by the Media and fans for being young and from another country

And again CDC shows no patience...

I also think Bennings offer was lower than what Tryamkin expected with every said and done

Tryamkin thought he could go back and be just happy if not happier in Russia around family and friends

And you guys are crapping all over him

Tryamkin here is better than Tryamkin over there

The naïve part, where did he come from? A little town where the owners have the control of teams, a place where playing time is rewarded by how good you are, a place where hockey is a game not a business or for him it was. When the "leak" about him not going to Utica came out he didn't get any support from management and if anything they urged him to go, what does that seem like to him? Not very trust worthy. The very people that signed that clause urge him to ignore it and then don't support him in the media, he was getting crucified for not going.

Yes he was naïve, he believed that people told the truth.

Mystified with the coaching, yes he said he was having no fun. To him it was still a game. Was he good enough to play more minutes? Well he wasn't used on the PP so maybe they could have tried him there to see if he was good enough. He was essentially a rookie and already close, if not a top 4 dman, just what the Canucks were looking for.

With the coach gone what difference was it to him? Management runs the teams where he is from, could he trust management to have his back? They already allowed him to be thrown under the bus not once but twice. And then the contract offer? Who knows how much it was or what clauses were in it but it surely must not have given him any reason to stay, most likely they thought they were dealing with a NA kid that would do anything to stay in the NHL and tried to take advantage of that. Within 24 hours he was gone.

You just watch this management group is going to do something stupid with him that will end up being talked about, like the Neely trade, for a very long time.

If he does come back, 2020 there may not be any hockey here, CBA expires, I am sure there will be different management.

New management - offers Hutton money with bonuses - modified clause contract - big signing bonus BOOM, he is here. And if he ends up being Krutov instead of Larinov, well it won't be worse than the Eriksson contract.

He is the stud the team needs. Can you see how good he could be at 24 yeas old?

• Like 1
  • Hydration 2
3 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Trade his rights to Tampa.  Perhaps Kucherov can coax him back.

Edler

Tryamkin

Baertschi

Foote

Killorn

Cirelli

Koekkoek

1st 19

I like it. 

Might be a tad optimistic, adding a first?  Maybe like a good opening offer.

But who knows...

5 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I like it. 

Might be a tad optimistic, adding a first?  Maybe like a good opening offer.

But who knows...

Not really.  And no, that's not an 'opening' offer - that's the price for those three assets.

Koekkoek is on the edge of the roster - similar situation to Pouliot - borderline waivers, not a great deal of value in context.  He's a roster spot coming back, and potential depth for us (assuming they'd prefer to move him over any of their other roster D - doesn't matter to me which).

That 1st is a borderline 2nd imo.

Edited by oldnews
9 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

@TheGuardian_

Thanks for posting this.  Some will believe its crying over spilt milk.  And I think you have had some negative threads?

But this is just information.  And I think its fine to be fan of Tryamkin, the hockey player. Hope he comes back?  

And a great pic.

This is great news. 

Of course this franchise should be hoping he excels. 

His rights are owned by Vancouver.  As a keepable - or tradeable - asset, this is simply positive.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

The naïve part, where did he come from? A little town where the owners have the control of teams, a place where playing time is rewarded by how good you are, a place where hockey is a game not a business or for him it was. When the "leak" about him not going to Utica came out he didn't get any support from management and if anything they urged him to go, what does that seem like to him? Not very trust worthy. The very people that signed that clause urge him to ignore it and then don't support him in the media, he was getting crucified for not going.

Mystified with the coaching, yes he said he was having no fun. To him it was still a game. Was he good enough to play more minutes? Well he wasn't used on the PP so maybe they could have tried him there to see if he was good enough. He was essentially a rookie and already close, if not a top 4 dman, just what the Canucks were looking for.

With the coach gone what difference was it to him? Management runs the teams where he is from, could he trust management to have his back? They already allowed him to be thrown under the bus not once but twice. And then the contract offer? Who knows how much it was or what clauses were in it but it surely must not have given him any reason to stay, most likely they thought they were dealing with a NA kid that would do anything to stay in the NHL and tried to take advantage of that. Within 24 hours he was gone.

You just watch this management group is going to do something stupid with him that will end up being talked about, like the Neely trade, for a very long time.

If he does come back, 2020 there may not be any hockey here, CBA expires, I am sure there will be different management.

New management - offers Hutton money with bonuses - modified clause contract - big signing bonus BOOM, he is here. And if he ends up being Krutov instead of Larinov, well it won't be worse than the Eriksson contract.

Your speculative ramblings have no bearing on the situation.  Just more of your usual agenda regarding the management team.

As fans, all we can do is hope for the best.

8 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Great post! I hope we try to bring him back over here when his KHL contract is up. We could have for sure used him this year. If we trade or lose Gudbranson to FA it will even hurt more.

What I dont get is how the team controls the ice time for some players:

tryamkin- Yes he was out of shape, but he played well once in the line up and deserved more ice and more opportunities...Where did we finish again? So there was 0 risk in giving him or as some would say handing him a top 4 spot on a silver platter.

Compare that to Boeser:

Boeser- has been great dont get me wrong, but since signing his deal and coming straight out of school he was handed PP and top 6 minutes on a silver platter. There has been no conditioning issues with him. But he definitely had a very easy path to success with the team as a whole gifting him his spot on the roster. Again he has been great for us, but like any young player he still does cough the puck up or make some poor passes....any player does though.

I hope we try to bring him back over, will he and his wife mature and give Canada and the nhl another chance? Only time will tell. But damn, we could use him on our team and his size just as a simple deterant to opponents.

Congrats to Tryamkin for the solid play so far this year!!

28 minutes ago, Industrious1 said:

Pretty sure we've burnt that bridge.

Time to look towards the future and not towards the past.

7 minutes ago, Topcheeze86 said:

Hes not coming back he hated the city unfortunately such an amazing build and talent to bad he was mistreated by the coach and burnt the bridge 

Two burnt bridge comments, but I dare say he wasn't here long enough to burn a bridge.  I think he needed (perhaps still needs) some time to mature.  The fans loved him here, so why wouldn't he come back?  I agree that if he indeed doesn't like the town, we can trade him somewhere he wants to go.  He will be even more valuable in a year or two if he continues his progression.  I can't see him hating the team because of the treatment he received, it wasn't that atrocious under the circumstances, and I really hope he comes back here and has a career as a Canuck.

3 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Your speculative ramblings have no bearing on the situation.  Just more of your usual agenda regarding the management team.

As fans, all we can do is hope for the best.

Believe me I would be on any Canuck management group that did something akin to the Neely trade but this could be worse. They had him here, in the show, with the team. How could they screw it up to the point he leaves within 24 hours of an offer? They already knew his stance on playing via the contract he signed and the talk about going back to Russia, also in the contract, in December.

He was a rookie dman. Aren't the Nucks looking for good dmen? Are they keeping a "presence" over there? Just letting him know they are still very interested? I'd have a scout there with the other NHL scouts to watch every now and then and let him know the team still really wants him.

I am sure at some point this management team will sink while walking across the swimming pool. Maybe another 29th place finish or even more empty seats or having to give away even more tickets or lower the prices more.

• Upvote 1
  • -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to Nikita Tryamkin | #88 | D
  • -SN- locked this topic
  • -SN- unlocked this topic