The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

3 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

More speculation.  As if you know all the ins and outs of what happened with T.  Again, how do you know what the Canucks are doing or not doing regarding this player?

You are one of the few people on this board that doesn't see the positive direction the team is going in.  You also seem to think a rebuild happens within a couple of years.  Of course the team will be finishing in the bottom half; probably bottom 10 this season.  Meanwhile they are picking up some very good prospects with high potential.  That's what's supposed to happen during a rebuild.  If you have no excitement about the young players coming up, I don't know what to say.

Positive direction? After three years of negative direction what other option is there?

Speculation, many posters are over board with speculating how good some of the prospects may be, might be and tie that in to being going in the right direction. If the prospects are soo good where are they? Why isn't Utica a power house? Why are there so many FA's signed every year and only two drafted players on the team? Why is the team still near the bottom of the league?

I have heard about how good or bad the prospect pool is and when it was at it's worst was when this team was winning the presidents trophy, their prospect pool was right there with Detroit's.

I was able to see how good TO's prospect pool was all those years the Marlies were winning everything and the team was languishing for a playoff spot, TO had a fantastic prospect pool.

Columbus also had a great prospect pool and Nashville, for 12+ years or so.

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Who’s idea was it to show Tryamkin the Pronger video, and tell him to play that way?  

I believe Ben Cooper was the video coach until Darryl Seward was brought in by Greener this summer.

He would have been the guy to actually show him obviously, but where the directive originated from, I don't know that that was ever made public. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, ilduce39 said:

How do you know unless you try? 

He sure looked good mashing Benn or scattering a skein of ducks.

I know!  Hee heee heeee.  That’s why I loved watching him play.  There was always a chance he would crush-pop an opponent.  Why not show him video of great Russian dmen though, like Fetisov?  It just appears that the Canucks really messed this up.  Maybe, nothing could have changed his going back home?  I just keep hearing different things about his treatment here, that could have influenced him going home.  

4 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Positive direction? After three years of negative direction what other option is there?

Speculation, many posters are over board with speculating how good some of the prospects may be, might be and tie that in to being going in the right direction. If the prospects are soo good where are they? Why isn't Utica a power house? Why are there so many FA's signed every year and only two drafted players on the team? Why is the team still near the bottom of the league?

I have heard about how good or bad the prospect pool is and when it was at it's worst was when this team was winning the presidents trophy, their prospect pool was right there with Detroit's.

I was able to see how good TO's prospect pool was all those years the Marlies were winning everything and the team was languishing for a playoff spot, TO had a fantastic prospect pool.

With that philosophy I can't imagine why you want to spend so much time on this board. Perhaps a chance that you might be right is a powerful elixir for you?  I don't get it.

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I know!  Hee heee heeee.  That’s why I loved watching him play.  There was always a chance he would crush-pop an opponent.  Why not show him video of great Russian dmen though, like Fetisov?  It just appears that the Canucks really messed this up.  Maybe, nothing could have changed his going back home?  I just keep hearing different things about his treatment here, that could have influenced him going home.  

Pretty sure they did, the decision to go back to Russia within 24 hours seems to be one made in anger or disgust or whatever, a negative emotion at any rate.

He didn't even look like he was trying all that hard to hit people and they would fall down. He sure could handle McDavid, Mathews and Laine easily with that long reach though

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It seems more communication than the videos... while I think they coached up Tryamkin pretty well they could have done more to get him on board with their plans for him.  Jake is another guy who seemed kinda confused about his role so there’s a bit of a pattern... not everyone is a foot soldier. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, ilduce39 said:

It seems more communication than the videos... while I think they coached up Tryamkin pretty well they could have done more to get him on board with their plans for him.  Jake is another guy who seemed kinda confused about his role so there’s a bit of a pattern... not everyone is a foot soldier. 

Who was the Canuck interpreter? Did they have one or did Tryamkin have to provide one?

Until recently, Jake played looking at the bench more than at the puck. Short leash? It certainly has affected his earning power, next contract. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Who was the Canuck interpreter? Did they have one or did Tryamkin have to provide one?

Until recently, Jake played looking at the bench more than at the puck. Short leash? It certainly has affected his earning power, next contract. 

Pedan?

On 12/1/2017 at 1:48 AM, alfstonker said:

You have no idea what Willie is and he gave Tryamkin a "fair shake" from the moment he was fit, playing nearly 17 mins average time on ice over 66 games. Tryamkin was not a better D than Edler, Tanev, Hutton, Sbisa or Stecher (who by the way ALL turned up fit to play) but he obviously thought he was and so do you apparently.

You must be blind if you think that Hutton was better then Tryamkin last year.  He had a much bigger positive impact on the club then anyone not named Tanev.  Forwards were going out of their way to avoid going to his side and I sure didn't see too many people digging under Ryan Miller for the puck when he was on the ice.  

Asking Tryamkin to go out of his character and be a bully a-la-Pronger was the most idiotic idea to try and impose on a player new to the country, in his first year in the league.  

1 hour ago, VancouverHabitant said:

You must be blind if you think that Hutton was better then Tryamkin last year.  He had a much bigger positive impact on the club then anyone not named Tanev.  Forwards were going out of their way to avoid going to his side and I sure didn't see too many people digging under Ryan Miller for the puck when he was on the ice.  

Asking Tryamkin to go out of his character and be a bully a-la-Pronger was the most idiotic idea to try and impose on a player new to the country, in his first year in the league.  

I have been thinking this the whole time as well. He isn't naturally a player like that, he doesn't need to be a player like that to be effective and we shouldn't force him to be like that. He is plenty "tough" as he is without looking for fights because generally people want to act tough to him already because he is so damn big, then he just throws them down to the ice ala Chris Stewart, Boone Jenner and Jamie Benn. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, TheGuardian_ said:

This just in: good teams generally have shallower prospect pools and eventually need to rebuild!

And somehow speculating that prospects aren't as good as what others speculate is somehow more accurate.... (even though it's all speculation)....

1 hour ago, Baer. said:

My bad, I thought he was 20. So he will be 26? Still fairly young.

Yeah definitely not an issue. He’ll be far from over the hill.

I was listening to The Hockey News podcast the other day and they talked about Shipachyov and coming over to North America too late. Of course, NT won’t be nearly as old but I wonder if it’ll stunt his potential by playing more years in Russia. Prime development years for a d man too. Other Russians have fared better than Ship in their careers on this side of the pond but there’s been some different circumstances. Panarin came over quite young, Radulov played in the Q and a couple years of pro hockey before going on his sabbatical, etc. I’m curious to see what sort of effect, if any, this has on NT.