The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

9 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

You know, something that is not talked enough about is the age and maturity of his wife.....not in a bad way...but in a real way

Here she is, young, newly married, in a strange country, not being able to talk English, and probably not having a social life because of that.

Now, "IF" I can remember that far back, my girlfriend was very social and had a group of about 6 friends.......long life friends

Now, she becomes the wife of a professional hockey player, who leaves on road trips and she is left home alone for a week at a time

Now, my wife would love that, but a young woman, probably wouldn't......

I am sure that Nikita had to hear a lot of words, and probably tears.......and that is pretty normal for a young woman, who is discombobulated, as it would for anyone left in that situation.

That is a lot of pressure, and when you combine it with everything else going on.................

Tryamkin, probably said to himself...............&T(% it!.........I think we will go home for awhile...

Just one of many possibilities, that probably helped break the camels back

Good point Jan.  I've wondered about that myself.  Vancouver is a long way from home and can be a lonely place for a young gal that can't speak the language and has no friends to commiserate with.  Tram isn't about to blame her for his departure.  Ultimately, even if he had some dissatisfaction with the team staff, I would think that her unhappiness would easily tip the scales to heading back to Russia.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

I think it was all the above, and probably a few more we don't know about...........

I just think we would be better with him then without him...simple as that

Sure, I agree.

2 hours ago, JamesBlondage said:

Nobody is saying its the only reason he left. The poster said he hadn't seen any comments that he had been asked to play like Pronger so I provided him that....

Sure, but the context of the quote is that the coaching staff somehow made a mistake trying to have Nikita play more physical and that’s ridiculous. 

This team has a good thing going where we don’t have anyone “bigger than the team.”  Size puns aside, there’s a point where Nikita has to decide if being a Canuck and competing in the best league in the world is more important than the language barrier, not completely agreeing with your coach, ice time squabbles or even his wife being as comfortable as she is in Russia.  

The team has to come first, otherwise he won’t be helping.

So a buyout is possible if Automobilist gets stuck financially. 

I think Tryamkin is very loyal to Automobilist and would terminate his contract if it helped  Automobilist get out of a financial quandary

and also if they can make some money out of releasing him.

And if it works for his family as well.

3 hours ago, ilduce39 said:

Sure, I agree.

Sure, but the context of the quote is that the coaching staff somehow made a mistake trying to have Nikita play more physical and that’s ridiculous. 

This team has a good thing going where we don’t have anyone “bigger than the team.”  Size puns aside, there’s a point where Nikita has to decide if being a Canuck and competing in the best league in the world is more important than the language barrier, not completely agreeing with your coach, ice time squabbles or even his wife being as comfortable as she is in Russia.  

The team has to come first, otherwise he won’t be helping.

I want you to seriously think about that statement.....

On 12/2/2017 at 12:46 AM, janisahockeynut said:

So my take on this as I have said before

I think Tryamkin was a little Naïve and immature, about his thoughts of the NHL

I think that he was really out of shape when he arrived

I think he put in extra effort to get in shape, but that took some time

I think he didn't want to go to Utica because of his contract, which was probably discussed at signing time

I also think he didn't trust that he would come back after 2 games......we don't know what that mistrust was based on

I think he didn't want to leave his wife in Vancouver based on the above.....and he was in love

I think Tryamkin got stronger every game he was here. 

I think he didn't want to fight...............can you blame him? Especially if he was being pushed in that direction

I think Tryamkin's gap control was getting better and better

I think he hit like a friggin truck

I think he showed very well for the type of player he is in his first year (rookie)

I think every NHL player knew about Tryamkin and how hard he hit

I think his reach intimidated opposing attacking wingers

I think most opposing teams ended up trying to go down the other side......and that is the biggest compliment another team could make

Followed by Opposing Teams bigger players challenging him and loosing when they would try pushing him.....aka highlite film

I think Tryamkin was our 5th best Dman by the middle of the season and our 4th best by the end

I think he had much more potential and would have developed nicely in a starting 4 player

I think Tryamkin has been over judged by the Media and fans for being young and from another country

And again CDC shows no patience...

I also think Bennings offer was lower than what Tryamkin expected with every said and done

Tryamkin thought he could go back and be just happy if not happier in Russia around family and friends

And you guys are crapping all over him

Tryamkin here is better than Tryamkin over there

The only people wanting him to fight were the playstation cowboys on here. If you are insinuating it was the coach then prove it with facts.

By the way, I doubt there is another coach in the league who would not have asked/expected Tryamkin to "intimidate" Marchand when he was taking the p-- out of us as was his way.

I don't think Vancouver thought they were drafting a ballet dancer when they picked him do you.

As for "you guys are crapping all over him" don't be such a drama queen. You are defending the actions of a player who seemed to think he was over here to run things yet couldn't take a professional approach to preparing himself to play in the toughest league in the world.

21 hours ago, Canuck_In_Paradise said:

Is it that hard to believe that the kid and his fiance (who speaks no English nor has any friends here in Vancouver when Nik is out of town) got homesick? He made the decision that, rather than continue on and have issues with their marriage, a return to Russia would be best for both. He definitely didn't close the door on Vancouver forever and his fiance still was wearing gloves from Van in that snapchat picture, so maybe she hasn't too. It just wasn't right for her this time :)

Someone on here said she spoke good English - better than Tryamkin in fact. So do we know she spoke no english or not.

18 hours ago, JamesBlondage said:

"Those coaches were bent on getting more aggression out of Tryamkin, which isn’t one of his strengths. This was talked about openly by the coaches and there were reports Thursday that staff showed Tryamkin videos of Chris Pronger, asking him basically to do the impossible, which is “be like Pronger"

this is from an article by Jason Botchford, about paragraph 14 or so...

http://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/jason-botchford-defenceman-tryamkin-takes-offence-and-bolts-canucks-for-russia

So "be like Pronger" meant fighting?

Botchford and you, if you believe him, is/are an idiot to read into a situation where someone setting out on a career as an NHL defence man should not be shown videos of one of the best Ds ever to play the game.

This is what irks me about all this. People who have no clue about the game other than a few you tube videos and nightly highlights of their favourite team, are pooling their ignorance in order to defend the indefensible. Have you watched Pronger? Are you aware of how good the guy was?

"Pronger's heavy shot, reliable positioning and brute physicality could, in some ways, be an upgrade over Meszaros. Without Pronger, the Flyers' defense will be rounded out by players who don't have the same level of experience and energy that Pronger and Meszaros can bring."

"Chris Pronger would be a near-perfect mentor for Schenn. Schenn might be paired with Kimmo Timonen, but Timonen's game is distinctly different from Schenn. Timonen is an undersized puck-mover, while Schenn is a big-bodied, stay-at-home defenseman.

If Schenn has Pronger as a mentor instead of Timonen, he would learn more about how to effectively use his body. Schenn is one of the most prominent hitters in hockey, but his lack of tact gets him out of position too frequently."

"Chris Pronger is among the best in NHL history at clearing the crease. The Flyers need that muscle to give Bryzgalov a clear sight line to the puck. Likewise, getting physical with opposing forwards makes it that much harder for rebounds to become goals.

The holes on defense and questions in the crease are scary prospects for the Flyers in 2012-13, but the return of Pronger would soften the effect of those weaknesses in a significant way."

"The Flyers will miss the point production that can come from the blue line unless Chris Pronger makes a return. Pronger is well known for his heavy slapshot, a shot that could produce numerous deflection and rebound opportunities for players like Scott Hartnell and Wayne Simmonds in front of the net.

The Flyers' offense should be able to hold its own, but when an opposing defense succeeds in shutting down the top line, effective shooting from the point can be enough to pull out the win."

"Still, Pronger was the undisputed voice in the locker room. No player on the Flyers roster is more equipped to be a leader than Chris Pronger. Giroux is still young and needs to mature, as evidenced by his headshot on Dainius Zubrus that earned him a suspension for Game 5 of the Eastern Conference Semifinals."

God forbid Tryamkin should turn out like Chris Pronger. Hart Trophy, Norris Trophy and Hockey Hall of Fame. He was so evil and such a poor example for an emerging D man that the three tributes to him in this video are made by the Sedins and Trevor Linden. How dare WD want some of this guy's qualities rub off on Tryamkin.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

I want you to seriously think about that statement.....

Why?  It’s true.  He needs to prioritize his career if he wants to be part of the NHL - something countless people do in many vocations let alone a top sports league.  I can fully understand not doing it - but then he’s staying in Russia.

Edited by ilduce39

4 hours ago, alfstonker said:

So "be like Pronger" meant fighting?

Botchford and you, if you believe him, is/are an idiot to read into a situation where someone setting out on a career as an NHL defence man should not be shown videos of one of the best Ds ever to play the game.

This is what irks me about all this. People who have no clue about the game other than a few you tube videos and nightly highlights of their favourite team, are pooling their ignorance in order to defend the indefensible. Have you watched Pronger? Are you aware of how good the guy was?

"Pronger's heavy shot, reliable positioning and brute physicality could, in some ways, be an upgrade over Meszaros. Without Pronger, the Flyers' defense will be rounded out by players who don't have the same level of experience and energy that Pronger and Meszaros can bring."

"Chris Pronger would be a near-perfect mentor for Schenn. Schenn might be paired with Kimmo Timonen, but Timonen's game is distinctly different from Schenn. Timonen is an undersized puck-mover, while Schenn is a big-bodied, stay-at-home defenseman.

If Schenn has Pronger as a mentor instead of Timonen, he would learn more about how to effectively use his body. Schenn is one of the most prominent hitters in hockey, but his lack of tact gets him out of position too frequently."

"Chris Pronger is among the best in NHL history at clearing the crease. The Flyers need that muscle to give Bryzgalov a clear sight line to the puck. Likewise, getting physical with opposing forwards makes it that much harder for rebounds to become goals.

The holes on defense and questions in the crease are scary prospects for the Flyers in 2012-13, but the return of Pronger would soften the effect of those weaknesses in a significant way."

"The Flyers will miss the point production that can come from the blue line unless Chris Pronger makes a return. Pronger is well known for his heavy slapshot, a shot that could produce numerous deflection and rebound opportunities for players like Scott Hartnell and Wayne Simmonds in front of the net.

The Flyers' offense should be able to hold its own, but when an opposing defense succeeds in shutting down the top line, effective shooting from the point can be enough to pull out the win."

"Still, Pronger was the undisputed voice in the locker room. No player on the Flyers roster is more equipped to be a leader than Chris Pronger. Giroux is still young and needs to mature, as evidenced by his headshot on Dainius Zubrus that earned him a suspension for Game 5 of the Eastern Conference Semifinals."

God forbid Tryamkin should turn out like Chris Pronger. Hart Trophy, Norris Trophy and Hockey Hall of Fame. He was so evil and such a poor example for an emerging D man that the three tributes to him in this video are made by the Sedins and Trevor Linden. How dare WD want some of this guy's qualities rub off on Tryamkin.

I think you missed the point. They wanted Nikita to play like Pronger, not just physical but mean as hell, and that's not in his personality...

6 minutes ago, JamesBlondage said:

I think you missed the point. They wanted Nikita to play like Pronger, not just physical but mean as hell, and that's not in his personality...

Mean as hell? Grow up!

Are you seriously trying to tell us he doesn't like to be extremely physical.

I think you have still to show us exactly what was said and where and when, in what context and tell us all what do you know about his personality. If you are quoting Botchford, behave yourself.

What I think you might find if you were not trying to paint Tryamkin as some kind of shrinking violet is he was asked to do what he can plainly do and seems to have no problems doing, more consistently.

6 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

Mean as hell? Grow up!

Are you seriously trying to tell us he doesn't like to be extremely physical.

I think you have still to show us exactly what was said and where and when, in what context and tell us all what do you know about his personality. If you are quoting Botchford, behave yourself.

What I think you might find if you were not trying to paint Tryamkin as some kind of shrinking violet is he was asked to do what he can plainly do and seems to have no problems doing, more consistently.

Grow up? How about you &^@# off. He was asked to be mean and violent and it wasn't in his nature...had enough of your bs already today...

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, ilduce39 said:

Why?  It’s true.  He needs to prioritize his career if he wants to be part of the NHL - something countless people do in many vocations let alone a top sports league.  I can fully understand not doing it - but then he’s staying in Russia.

I think he did prioritize his "Life: and should not be slammed for doing so, it may strange for some of us, but we do not know how he was raised, how important family is, how he may be a man that does not believe in violence........we simply do not know.

But in saying that, He was developing very nicely, albeit, not as quickly as some wanted........

I honestly think there, is more to this,,,,but we will never know, and we have to move past this.......

Let's go directly to the bottom line................I hope he comes back.....I hope he continues to develop, and I hope we will be able to afford him........

After all that, it is not important why he left...........he just did

And I think people including me, should just stop with all the conjecture..............aka, who did what......

• Upvote 1

I think sometimes we need to remember that, of the elite hockey nations in the world, Russia is about as far away you can get, both geographically and culturally, from the NHL. And that in the KHL, Russian players have potential opportunities and a pay scale that’s unmatched by the professional leagues in most the other top hockey nations.

Also, I’d imagine that if Canada had regional professional leagues that offered high salaries and a level of play pretty close to the NHL, plenty of good ol’ Canadian farm boy types would ask for out clauses in their contracts. And if things didn’t go as they’d expected in the NHL, many of those “high character” prairie boys would opt to return to say the “Elite Saskatchewan League” to earn top dollars while playing high level hockey in their home towns.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

I do now!  Thanks HW.

I know last year Avtomobilist was close to being cut from the KHL for fiscal reasons..

Found this to find that their avg. attendance has dropped 5 places, was a 6k avg.  Now a 4K avg. per game... just sayin.

Things do not look bright fiscally for Avtomobilist.. perhaps they will owe money to players at seasons end.

http://www.iihf.com/home-of-hockey/news/attendance-2016-2017/

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1