The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

I can’t believe the approval this guy gets around here. Turns his back on the city that drafted him because he wasn’t getting 20+ min a night in his first year. Disrespects Vancouver and runs away to mother Russia. I for one will boo if he ever wears the blue and green again. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

We don't really know why he left, his wife could of been unhappy, he may have missed his family and yes he also probably wanted more ice time and rightfully so.  It could of easily been a combination of all of those.

Once they see the price of pampers I think they'll reconsider signing with the Canucks.

• Like 1

On 2018-01-10 at 12:36 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

This is one of the reasons why I felt like he left. Russians have a huge pride to play for their country. The Canucks has just finished in the bottom 3 for the 2nd year in a row. With NHL banning players from the Olympics I think it sealed it for Tryamkin. Leave a BAD team that’s not competing for anything but draft pick sabotage for the next couple years. Make the wife happy, be close to family and have a chance at the olympics. I truly feel that in a couple years Tryamkin comes back that’s why I always turn down the idea of trading his rights.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Kids a game changer,.  His potential had me buying a ticket to see first hand..

Poor Willie didn’t get it.. wonder what kinda look Big Nik gives WD (team Canada Coach) If Nik makes the Russian Squad?

priceless.

32 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

This is one of the reasons why I felt like he left. Russians have a huge pride to play for their country. The Canucks has just finished in the bottom 3 for the 2nd year in a row. With NHL banning players from the Olympics I think it sealed it for Tryamkin. Leave a BAD team that’s not competing for anything but draft pick sabotage for the next couple years. Make the wife happy, be close to family and have a chance at the olympics. I truly feel that in a couple years Tryamkin comes back that’s why I always turn down the idea of trading his rights.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, ohmy said:

Your whole post is speculative and most likely far from the truth. Don't believe everything you hear. If you boo a Canuck then you are not a Canuck! Shame.

What a bunch of garbage. What’s speculative about him running away to Russia? That happened, and he said he didn’t like the ice time he was getting. Get your facts straight. Anyone that turns their back on the Canuck isn’t a Canuck to me, but go ahead drink your kool aid. 

3 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Kids a game changer,.  His potential had me buying a ticket to see first hand..

Poor Willie didn’t get it.. wonder what kinda look Big Nik gives WD (team Canada Coach) If Nik makes the Russian Squad?

priceless.

When was he a game changer? Brock Boeser is a game changer. Bo Horvat is a game changer.

Edler is a game changer for the other team....

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

When was he a game changer? Brock Boeser is a game changer. Bo Horvat is a game changer.

We all saw flashes of a game changer. He was a bright spot for excitement on our team last year. 

Looking forward to getting him back!!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Changed the complexion of the game when he stood up Jaimie Benn, and the ruckus afterwards,.

did the same taking the Ducks off their game with Getzlaff.

Game changer to me is not just about scoring goals..  is that all it is to you?

• Upvote 1

This makes the end of this season even more interesting for anyone keeping an eye on Big Nik...

His team Avtomobilist was almost cut from the KHL last year for not meeting financial obligations, 4 other teams were cut.

it seems 2 more will be cut this year.

The KHL is not that healthy.

https://conwaysrussianhockey.wordpress.com/2017/05/28/guest-post-the-khls-strategic-plan/

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

He is a game changer when he runs over people and gets them way the heck off their game, which happened more than a few times last year.