The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

resign him to a higher CAP hit with the insurance of dealing him later if need be

Why wait the extra year? The KHL teams will accept a buyout. Get him back here, if needed, guarantee no AHL time, no big deal, offer him Guddy money, 3.5 to 5 over 5 years, a staggered contract with a big signing bonus. Hire a management assistant if these guys are still around, whose job it is to make sure rookies and non speaking players are taken care of so there is no misinterpretations.

Edited by TheGuardian_
  • Like 2
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Why wait the extra year? The KHL teams will accept a buyout. Get him back here, if needed, guarantee no AHL time, no big deal, offer him Guddy money, 3.5 to 5 over 5 years, a staggered contract with a big signing bonus. Hire a management assistant if these guys are still around, whose job it is to make sure rookies and non speaking players are taken care of so there is no misinterpretations.

If he makes the Russian Olympic Team, I’d like to think the Canucks brass is over there promoting that notion.. or as his KHL season ends this year.

Theres something special about Nik, and I hope we get to see it in Vancouver again.

he’s had 2 minor suspensions for chirping off or in frustration of the KHL refs.

perhaps he realizes the refereeing in the NHL allows you to play with emotion, whereas he might be getting nailed on it there..  a + for us, either way.

15 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

If he makes the Russian Olympic Team, I’d like to think the Canucks brass is over there promoting that notion.. or as his KHL season ends this year.

Theres something special about Nik, and I hope we get to see it in Vancouver again.

he’s had 2 minor suspensions for chirping off or in frustration of the KHL refs.

perhaps he realizes the refereeing in the NHL allows you to play with emotion, whereas he might be getting nailed on it there..  a + for us, either way.

Poise, he never looked like he was frantic or overwhelmed

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, SilentSam said:

We miss him, Re-sign Gudbransson, get Nik back 

https://youtu.be/jACfArbgyVw

Can't you just imagine those two on the same pairing! Gudbranson is an interesting personality. He has traveled the world and has a real ability of talking to people. In my mind if he had not been injured last year he might have had a big role in Tryamkin's transition to the NHL game. Two big guys who could empathize with fan expectations. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Can't you just imagine those two on the same pairing! Gudbranson is an interesting personality. He has traveled the world and has a real ability of talking to people. In my mind if he had not been injured last year he might have had a big role in Tryamkin's transition to the NHL game. Two big guys who could empathize with fan expectations. 

I'd prefer to spread them out personally. In a year or 2, something like:

Tryamkin, Tanev

Juolevi, Gudbranson

Pouliot, Stecher

When our Dahlin/Boqvist/Bouchard/Dobson etc from this year's draft is ready, move out one of Tanev/Gudbranson (I'd lean to moving Tanev personally). Hutton gets packaged as OJ/Tryamkin come in.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Hey Boud’s,

Although a lot of others don’t see the huge upside to these bigger men, and what they do for team chemistry, it’s nice to find the like minds that look above the analytics.

Last nights game (V’s Kings) was a sparkle of what we are building towards. a fast paced, gritty game.

Although others might think that these 2 bigger men might be slow,.  The contrary to this is they need the team to be skating with good flow to keep them activated.

Guds and Nik are not slow.

They game needs a good pace otherwise they SEEM flat footed.

Both of those boys in last nights game would have been punishing the opposition and up on the rush when the flow is rolling.

That type of game is where our team is directed, and Nik and Erik will fit seemlessly within it, only adding the need of physicality to wear down opposing power forward.

Edited by SilentSam

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Hey Boud’s,

Although a lot of others don’t see the huge upside to these bigger men, and what they do for team chemistry, it’s nice to find the like minds that look above the analytics.

Last nights game (V’s Kings) was a sparkle of what we are building towards. a fast paced, gritty game.

Although others might think that these 2 bigger men might be slow,.  The contrary to this is they need the team to be skating with good flow to keep them activated.

Guds and Nik are not slow.

They game needs a good pace otherwise they SEEM flat footed.

Both of those boys in last nights game would have been punishing the opposition and up on the rush when the flow is rolling.

That type of game is where our team is directed, and Nik and Erik will fit seemlessly within it, only adding the need of physicality to wear down opposing power forward.

I truly think that regular season play lulls fans into a false idea of how good their team is/can be. In the LA game Boeser was hit from behind it a blatant cross check. Not a single Canuck stepped up. Cannot remember the LA player but he did not have to answer for that hit. Now some might say the PP resulted and yes Boeser scored. In playoffs that type of thing is a form of attrition that many teams use. Vancouver has a rep thru the NHL as a easy touch as far as the physical game goes. It also speaks to the culture of the org.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I truly think that regular season play lulls fans into a false idea of how good their team is/can be. In the LA game Boeser was hit from behind it a blatant cross check. Not a single Canuck stepped up. Cannot remember the LA player but he did not have to answer for that hit. Now some might say the PP resulted and yes Boeser scored. In playoffs that type of thing is a form of attrition that many teams use. Vancouver has a rep thru the NHL as a easy touch as far as the physical game goes. It also speaks to the culture of the org.   

Who did you want jumping Lewis and taking a penalty right before a 5 on 3 powerplay? One of the Sedins? Horvat? Edler?

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, ThaManbeast said:

Who did you want jumping Lewis and taking a penalty right before a 5 on 3 powerplay? One of the Sedins? Horvat? Edler?

If it was the Bruins that LA player would have been surrounding by all those on the ice. At that point it was not about the score because Van had already won the game. You had your rookie All-star cross checked into the boards! If nothing else the payback could have been on the next shift that LA player played. No response simply set up a 'rinse and repeat' sometime in the future.

The standard way this goes down is the LA player is blamed and he has to answer for that hit. What never gets discussed much is the reality that teams draw up game plans on how they will try to play an opponent. Guess what the game plan is for Vancouver? If it is a critical game or a playoff game the standard approach is a physical game. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

This is who, and this is how you do it without taking a penalty..

https://youtu.be/jACfArbgyVw

My point was that the powerplay guys were on the ice. Why would any of them jump Lewis when they're about to stay on the ice for a 5 on 3? Yes a physical response would send a good message, but I think the fact Boeser scored seconds later was an even better one. One that we might not of had an opportunity to get if someone took an instigator jumping Lewis.

Edited by ThaManbeast
  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, ThaManbeast said:

My point was that the powerplay guys were on the ice. Why would any of them jump Lewis when they're about to stay on the ice for a 5 on 3? Yes a physical response would send a good message, but I think the fact Boeser scored seconds later was an even better one. One that we might not of had an opportunity to get if someone took an instigator jumping Lewis.

Some people don’t see this. I’d be frustrated if guys took bad penalties by instigating and taking away powerplays. Would rather see Boeser score on a 5 vs 3 then somebody jump Lewis for a 10 second scuffle.

• -SN- locked this topic
  • -SN- unlocked this topic