The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

54 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Nice of him to let up on the D. caught in front of that freight train...the D. checking him looked like he wanted no part of actually coming to close to him....stick checking from a safe distance....

NHL D. would have at put up better fight...before getting run over....

I think if anyone under 6’4” is trying  to dislodge Nik’s 16” skate edges on that shoulder down curl in to score,.. Nik would have been ridden them like a Jamaican Bob Sled into the boards or first post,. Leaving nothing behind but the echoing sound of a handful of freshly cut Lays Potato Chips being crushed, and/or a goalie mask looking like a finger spinner twirling on the ice ;) 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/24/2018 at 7:20 PM, SilentSam said:

The point being of a response,.  If it is wiser to NOT respond in the moment,  still a response is required sometime when opportunity presents itself.

Gudbranson famously responded to Hendrick’s Head hunt of Ekblad.

Although it was a week later, it was required.

I still think the hit on Boeser should be noted and dealt with,.

an awarded power play for a single goal, does not say “don’t phk with my team”.

If we do not respond, we may still be going the way of accepting abuse, which is what the Sedins have endured.

Now is the time to change that ethic and principle.. that is the culture Change I hope to see as we move forward in this development.

If the Boeser hit isn’t answered, he risks injury again ina similar situation.

You won’t see that happening to McDavid would you?

You want that to happen again for the sake of a power play?

We tried that in the past didn't we?  Gutted our team to the core and I don't think we've ever recovered since... ;)

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

From the recent interview with Alexey Zhamnov who is the head scout for the Russian Olympic team https://www.championat.com/hockey/news-3011807-zhamnov---ob-oi-2018-trjamkin-jakovlev-i-tkachjov-budut-na-sborah-do-poslednego-dnja.html

"Tryamkin will stay with the Olympic team up to the last day of the training camp. We have three games (exhibitions), everything can happen".

• Upvote 2

On 2018-01-27 at 1:37 PM, Legendary10 said:

We tried that in the past didn't we?  Gutted our team to the core and I don't think we've ever recovered since... ;)

Different circumstances, e were a team built and prime for a cup run.

Tony Granato sent Moore over the boards ever second shift taunting the Canucks to do something.

The Avalanche organization was a part of that situation, as was the Canucks, as was the NHL.

The hit Lewis made on Boeser could just as easily broken his neck, as spilt his lip.

Its moves like that, which should be given suspensions.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, darkpoet said:

Agreed. It could have been much worse.
Just because a serious injury didn't occur, doesn't mean everything's just honky-dory....

"Mason Raymond collided with Boychuck..."
Typical morons... Boychuck gave Raymond a can-opener, then put his head between his legs and drove him ass-first into the boards, breaking his back.

This is a good example, because Boston always has at least one stupid $#@hole on their team who will not think twice about putting you in the hospital. 
We don't want Brock, or Pettersson, or Dahlen, or ?? having to look over their shoulders wondering when they're gonna get rolled.

Power play.... pffft.... what good does that do when the guys who make hay on it are all carried off on stretchers.

Iirc, CBC's colour guy ( Craig Simpson ? ) demanded that Raymond be given a 'delay of game' penalty for diving. I don't think that he nor CBC ever apologized for that. Couldn't believe how anti Canuck HNIC was.

As far as Tryamkin goes, I'm a huge fan. Used to start laughing as he rumbled down the ice with that helmet that was 3 sizes too small perched on his head. His offensive game was surprisingly good. Not a huge fan of Russian draft picks, but I want the big guy back !

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

On 1/29/2018 at 11:54 PM, darkpoet said:

Agreed. It could have been much worse.
Just because a serious injury didn't occur, doesn't mean everything's just honky-dory....

"Mason Raymond collided with Boychuck..."
Typical morons... Boychuck gave Raymond a can-opener, then put his head between his legs and drove him ass-first into the boards, breaking his back.

This is a good example, because Boston always has at least one stupid $#@hole on their team who will not think twice about putting you in the hospital. 
We don't want Brock, or Pettersson, or Dahlen, or ?? having to look over their shoulders wondering when they're gonna get rolled.

Power play.... pffft.... what good does that do when the guys who make hay on it are all carried off on stretchers.

Shouldn't have watched that video, now I'm angry.  I don't care how classless it is, if anyone one of those 18000+ fans ends up in the hospital I'd like to know so I can go yell "FLOPPER!" at them repeatedly.

8 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Shouldn't have watched that video, now I'm angry.  I don't care how classless it is, if anyone one of those 18000+ fans ends up in the hospital I'd like to know so I can go yell "FLOPPER!" at them repeatedly.

I think the CBC colour guy ( Craig Simpson ? ) demanding a 'delay of game' diving penalty was worse than the emotionally charged biased fans. ( going on memory only. Don't have any confirmation proof. If any CDCer taped that game via HNIC I would really appreciate that 'fact' being confirmed or shot down. Thanks. )

That is why you need push back. 

Push back and payback is the Canadian way. For too long the Canucks have forgotten that but hopefully we will develop a team no one will mess with this time.

I watched Bieksa and the Ducks put Boston back in their box the other night. Apparently they have a record of dominating and beating the Bruins in Boston - it doesn't take a genius to work out why as Anaheim have always been a tough team WITH SKILL.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Oh man... this just opened a can of worms again...

Commentators saying Boychuk finish his check like he should, way after the puck had gone.... But when Rome hammered Horton he got done for 4games as the puck had gone for to long...

The refereeing was so so... but the fact they hammered Rome like that took the flipping biscuit... Cheers boys that my day ruined... 

Edited by spook007

Tryamkin interview from Feb 3rd...

"I never regretted that I came back from Vancouver. Now I am satisfied with my playing time and the confidence of the coach to be captain. My relatives support me at home, my wife is always there."

https://translate.google.ca/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&u=https://www.sport-express.ru/olympics/pyeongchang2018/hockey/reviews/nikita-tryamkin-ni-razu-ne-pozhalel-chto-vernulsya-iz-vankuvera-1367055/&prev=search

I hope he starts changing his mind about all of that. He has so much potential, size and skill.

On 02/02/2018 at 7:24 AM, spook007 said:

Oh man... this just opened a can of worms again...

Commentators saying Boychuk finish his check like he should, way after the puck had gone.... But when Rome hammered Horton he got done for 4games as the puck had gone for to long...

The refereeing was so so... but the fact they hammered Rome like that took the flipping biscuit... Cheers boys that my day ruined... 

Colin Campbell.

56 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Tryamkin interview from Feb 3rd...

"I never regretted that I came back from Vancouver. Now I am satisfied with my playing time and the confidence of the coach to be captain. My relatives support me at home, my wife is always there."

https://translate.google.ca/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&u=https://www.sport-express.ru/olympics/pyeongchang2018/hockey/reviews/nikita-tryamkin-ni-razu-ne-pozhalel-chto-vernulsya-iz-vankuvera-1367055/&prev=search

I hope he starts changing his mind about all of that. He has so much potential, size and skill.

Things can change in a hurry in the KHL, like when your team stops paying you.

On 1/30/2018 at 3:30 AM, SilentSam said:

Different circumstances, e were a team built and prime for a cup run.

Tony Granato sent Moore over the boards ever second shift taunting the Canucks to do something.

The Avalanche organization was a part of that situation, as was the Canucks, as was the NHL.

The hit Lewis made on Boeser could just as easily broken his neck, as spilt his lip.

Its moves like that, which should be given suspensions.

Thinking about f*cking b!tch* Granato always gets me angry. That scumbag sent out Moore out on the ice in the third period far more often that he had despite the player's wish to not be sent out. And yet, he was not part of the lawsuit. Moore should've sued Granato. If there is one person that could have prevented all of this, it was him. That f*ckface later on went on to make garbage excuses as to why he sent Moore out. 

It ultimately cost us a cup run that year. We would have beaten Calgary in 5 with Bert on the roster.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

Sorry bud, but don’t follow you?

Boston player Gregory Campbell's dad, Colin Campbell was in charge of player discipline I think. Of course, he stepped aside from these duties during the SCF but people working on player safety and discipline were his subordinates. To help his son's team out, he or his people suspended Rome for exactly 4 games, games 4, 5,6, and 7. Not one game shorter, not one game longer. And that hit was not as bad as some of the other hits that were happening across the league. And considering that each playoff game, let alone a SCF game is equivalent to about 2 regular season games, Rome was suspended for 8 games for that hit.

Colin Campbell the greatest dad in the world. He basically gifted his son a Stanley Cup. How many dads can do that?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

4 hours ago, khay said:

Boston player Gregory Campbell's dad, Colin Campbell was in charge of player discipline I think. Of course, he stepped aside from these duties during the SCF but people working on player safety and discipline were his subordinates. To help his son's team out, he or his people suspended Rome for exactly 4 games, games 4, 5,6, and 7. Not one game shorter, not one game longer. And that hit was not as bad as some of the other hits that were happening across the league. And considering that each playoff game, let alone a SCF game is equivalent to about 2 regular season games, Rome was suspended for 8 games for that hit.

Colin Campbell the greatest dad in the world. He basically gifted his son a Stanley Cup. How many dads can do that?

Rome was one of our more physical D too. I still say if that hit was the reverse. A Bruin on a Nuck. All things equal. It wouldn't of even been a penalty. Just "tough Bruin hockey" ffnn crap.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2