The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

20 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I like it Alf,.  Both should go, Aqua can e mail Nik real estate listings to check out in the meantime :)  ... everyone needs a great Uncle ;) 

I think it would be better to sign him first before showing him the real estate listings. It might make him more difficult/expensive to sign if he realizes that an apartment here costs as much as a mansion in most cities.

Tryamkin sent home after training with his Olympic team. That must piss him off.

Hopefully his hatred for Russia's selection process gives him a new appreciation for the NHL.

http://fhr.ru/en/main/ofnews/card/?id_4=14503

Defenseman Nikita Tryamkin and forward Maxim Shalunov, who both trained with the team in South Korea as reserve players, have now left the group and gone home. The Russian Ice Hockey Federation thanks them for helping the team in the training process, wishes them luck and will be counting on them for future tournaments!

Russian Ice Hockey Federation 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Slegr said:

Tryamkin sent home after training with his Olympic team. That must piss him off.

Hopefully his hatred for Russia's selection process gives him a new appreciation for the NHL.

Defenseman Nikita Tryamkin and forward Maxim Shalunov, who both trained with the team in South Korea as reserve players, have now left the group and gone home. The Russian Ice Hockey Federation thanks them for helping the team in the training process, wishes them luck and will be counting on them for future tournaments!

Oh noooooooo !! :o:o   how will his massive ego cope with such a knock back. Worse still, how will CDC who are already pencilling him in for 6 x $6M cope with such a massive dose of reality.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

Oh noooooooo !! :o:o   how will his massive ego cope with such a knock back. Worse still, how will CDC who are already pencilling him in for 6 x $6M cope with such a massive dose of reality.

Serious question.

What the hell is an alfstonker?

• Cheers 2

11 hours ago, Slegr said:

Not sure why so many people are surprised by this.   He was barely an everyday NHL player on a 29th place team.  He oozes potential but is several seasons of intense coaching away from being a sure thing in NHL let alone a top 6 certainty.   Not sure how he has become so massively talented in some people’s minds since he went back to Russia.   

I like him as prospect but he is far from the lock great player some here think.  He has a ton of potential but that may never be realized without the right coaching.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Not sure why so many people are surprised by this.   He was barely an everyday NHL player on a 29th place team.  He oozes potential but is several seasons of intense coaching away from being a sure thing in NHL let alone a top 6 certainty.   Not sure how he has become so massively talented in some people’s minds since he went back to Russia.   

I like him as prospect but he is far from the lock great player some here think.  He has a ton of potential but that may never be realized without the right coaching.

For the same reason that Tryamkin has acquired massive talent over the past 6 months other prospects like Elias P., Gaudette, Dahlen and even Goldobin will automatically become NHL regulars next year. So much talent and so little time. B)B)

22 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

He was barely an everyday NHL player on a 29th place team.

Hey now, he wasn't a Norris candidate but he sure was an everyday NHL Dman even with his horrible conditioning.  I'd bet there are lots of teams that would make room on their roster for him.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Tre Mac said:

Hey now, he wasn't a Norris candidate but he sure was an everyday NHL Dman even with his horrible conditioning.  I'd bet there are lots of teams that would make room on their roster for him.

I agree - the point is, however, not in their top 4.   He is a work in progress and his play in KHL has confirmed that.    Good prospect but needs a lot of work.   

2 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I agree - the point is, however, not in their top 4.   He is a work in progress and his play in KHL has confirmed that.    Good prospect but needs a lot of work.   

Geez Rob, Tryamkin is a top pairing d-man! -_- Biggest mistake the kid could have made was going back to the KHL. If he had stuck in Van this year he would have had lots of opportunity to accelerate his development. 

2 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

2 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

With perhaps Elias Pettersson being the exception, I think Tryamkin would put more bums in seats than any other Canuck property. Top 4/ bottom pairing, he was/ is a ton of fun to watch !

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Geez Rob, Tryamkin is a top pairing d-man! -_- Biggest mistake the kid could have made was going back to the KHL. If he had stuck in Van this year he would have had lots of opportunity to accelerate his development. 

He has not helped his development, agreed, but he likely saved his marriage.   In that regard, kid made the right choice as his career is just that but his marriage is his life.

• Upvote 4

On 2018-02-12 at 8:16 AM, alfstonker said:

Maybe Tryamkin just refused to take performance enhancing drugs - didn’t the inquiry show that taking them was mandartory for Olympic athletes: -https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ban-russia-from-the-olympics/2017/11/30/e968dd10-d556-11e7-a986-d0a9770d9a3e_story.html?utm_term=.28527e1140e5

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Maybe Tryamkin just refused to take performance enhancing drugs - didn’t the inquiry show that taking them was mandartory for Olympic athletes: -https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ban-russia-from-the-olympics/2017/11/30/e968dd10-d556-11e7-a986-d0a9770d9a3e_story.html?utm_term=.28527e1140e5

Who knows, but that is a bit historical now as Russia have been punished I think they would have to be mad to keep giving their competitors drugs when they have already received some injurious bans and loss of national respect since being found out.

Let me speculate that it could just be a coach who finds his self entitled attitude a bit unsettling in a team game.