The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Wow real good game to start, uptempo short shifts, few whistles.MMG with a pp, loads of open ice. All adrenaline first period. Good crowd. Atvo with a pp. 5 minutes left in the first and Pare scores for Atvo, Try was on the ice may have an assist? Try looked good and is not on the first unit pp? The game is so fast no real pressure on his zone. Second period, Try with a beautiful long bomb to send his forward in cold, but he doesn't cash in. Now Try is on first unit pp but no luck. Try with a good shift. Covers so much area in two strides in his corner. And he has a fight! He doesn't really connect on any punches but he pulls the guys jersey over as they wrestled n hit. The whole team is getting into it. There was another huge scrum at the end of the game as both team left through the same exit.Bad blood.

Try stops a breakaway 2 on 1  (Atvo was on a pp) diving with that long Willie Mitchell reach.He also knocks forwards down so easily if they skate at him on the point. That poke check is killer. Another almost fight for Try, getting chippy. MMG forwards look well balanced like Las Vegas and eke out the 3-2 win.

Overall Try had a positive game, I think  He is one of their main leaders, which you can see by his fight, I think if that was on North American ice he would have got better hits in. On one play he was going to the net but the forward didn't 'feel' him coming in on the overlap (he would have been in cold). It was a good game but the other team had a stronger set of forwards. 

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
5 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Tryamkin's fight from last game:

I wish someone would teach him to drop his gloves. I hate seeing him throw gloved punches...but I'd still love to see him back on the Canucks blue line!! 

Edited by JamesBlondage
Just now, JamesBlondage said:

I wish someone would teach him to drop his gloves. I hate seeing him throw gloved punches...but I'd still love to see him back on the Canucks blue line!! 

He doesn't want to end careers and have to apologize to the families afterwards.

• Upvote 3
2 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

He doesn't want to end careers and have to apologize to the families afterwards.

Ya he already snapped Richardson's leg by falling on him. Im sure he doesn't want to cave any heads in with those massive hands.

10 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Tryamkin's fight from last game:

"Fight" may be a reach on this one, but nice to see some emotion and willingness to mix it up. Would look good in the playoffs here.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, DS4quality said:

The linesmen jumped in right before Tryamkin was about to tee off (which also might be a bit of a stretch) right when he got his right arm free

Yeah he threw his gloves off late. I think it's the reason they stepped in when they did, which is good for Timkin... would like to have seen one bare-knuckled fist connect though.

Avto won the second playoff game 2-1 and tied the series. Tryamkin with 22:05 of ice time, 3 SOG, 2 hits. Penalty minutes: Avto 4, Metallurg 35! - Matt Ellison got 5 min for high hit to the head and game misconduct. 

I did not pay attention when this happened but Tryamkin was officially the Avto captain in both playoff games. Two photos from the game:

tryamkin1.jpg

tryamkin5.jpg

Edited by Stierlitz
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Stierlitz said:

Avto won the second playoff game 2-1 and tied the series. Tryamkin with 22:05 of ice time, 3 SOG, 2 hits. Penalty minutes: Avto 4, Metallurg 35! - Matt Ellison got 5 min for high hit to the head and game misconduct. 

I did not pay attention when this happened but Tryamkin was officially the Avto captain in both playoff games. Two photos from the game:

tryamkin1.jpg

tryamkin5.jpg

Geez ... if he can Captain Avtomobilist,. Maybe he won’t come back Stierlitz?   ... and his ice time must be averaging 19-21 mins this season.

Perhaps we can only hope of Financial ruin for Avto.

12 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

I am optimist, he will be back. Just a natural maturing process. He was not ready for the long term commitment first time, that was kind of reconnaissance trip to an unknown land for him. He is going to be back and this is not about money at all.

While I hope Tryamkin comes back, if he really wants to commit to the NHL, I have concerns about Russian players in NA. It does not appear that Putin is willing to stop his efforts to disrupt elections in the West and it will drive further wedges into people movement. 

13 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

I am optimist, he will be back. Just a natural maturing process. He was not ready for the long term commitment first time, that was kind of reconnaissance trip to an unknown land for him. He is going to be back and this is not about money at all.

I agree.  The kid is a competitor, and will need to test his skills against the best.  He will have to come back to satisfy that desire, or he will experience a lot of regret.  

3 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Awww cmon Boud’s !!  

Lets leave that to stupid politicians, war mongers and secret agents.

Drop that rolled up newspaper before I bite. I am not a politician, war monger or 007. :wacko:

Atvo ahead 1-0 in the 2nd period, Try with a tremendous flying stick check on a 2 on 1 in which he slid in and broke up the play knocking one player down and leaving the shooter with no shot. A little later Moyzkin ties it up for MMG on a pp. Another MMG pp and Try with two good plays, separates a forward from the puck nicely (with a butt check in the corner) and then goes to clear the crease of another player on the next rush-- 

(in which he drops his stick as soon as it gets caught in the forward to avoid a penalty--the second time he dropped his stick during a check to avoid a hooking infraction).

Some big players for MMG. Atvo has it's hands full.

MMG kills a pp in the 3rd then get the go ahead goal with another 2 on 1. Atvo with a pp but couldn't gain the zone. RW Timkin ices it 3-1 with a nice wrister from the slot (Timkin is 27 yrs 6'5' tough, fought Tryamkin, kills penalties contract up in April? camp invitee?) 

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Upvote 1
  • -SN- locked this topic
  • -SN- unlocked this topic