The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

57 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Volokov doesn’t want to start any rumours or fake news,..  the Russians know what rumours and fake news can do...  Ruins “everything that can happen”.

Who is Volokov anyway?  This tweet, if he's an agent or gets money from the Canucks if Nakita comes back before his contract finishes, might be trying to negotiate in the media.  Maybe the Canucks and Tryamkin are trying to get him out of his contract right now?  This could be good news for our BIG RUSSIAN coming back next season!!!!!

50 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Who is Volokov anyway?  This tweet, if he's an agent or gets money from the Canucks if Nakita comes back before his contract finishes, might be trying to negotiate in the media.  Maybe the Canucks and Tryamkin are trying to get him out of his contract right now?  This could be good news for our BIG RUSSIAN coming back next season!!!!!

Tryamkin’s agent  - There is ZERO chance 

Alflives - So you’re saying there’s a good chance! 

4 hours ago, qwijibo said:

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

2 hours ago, qwijibo said:

Tryamkin’s agent  - There is ZERO chance 

Alflives - So you’re saying there’s a good chance! 

It seems Volokov is the GM for Nik’s Team Avtomobilist..  obviously has a vested interest in answering that question the way he did..

https://mobile.twitter.com/DhaliwalSports/status/971452549713739776 

Their defense looks strong, it's forwards that Atvo needs. #56 is a good big D man. But they lost today and are in danger of getting eliminated from the playoffs. 

Their forwards are too small for MMG imho

If they saved on Try with a buyout they might be able to improve faster and cheaper (by using Try's contract money elsewhere).

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Upvote 1

Volkov on Tryamkin's play this season : "After new year, he has been struggling. He had a good start to the season but since then his game has been so-so."

Didn't make the all KHL olympic team which is something to think about.   As someone above mentioned, his agent cannot say anything about coming back to the NHL - tampering.  T will at some point because it is the best league in the world.  However, will he be the top 2 guy he thought he should be last year.    The best thing for him hockey wise would have been to stay here and further learn the game.

The real question is not whether he is coming back but whether there is a top 4 spot for him down the road.  Especially, if we win the draft which I expect us to do.   

• Like 1

Atvo was actually ahead of MMG in the standings but you wouldn't know it by the way MMG is skating away with this series. Try, #56, #19 look good on D all big and can skate, the forwards are all getting knocked around so much. Pretty soft bunch.

• Hydration 1

MMG ties it with what seemed like goalie interference to tie the game 1-1 late in the 2nd

Pretty cautious 3rd till the last 5 min things heated up both ways.  Pare then scores late in the period for Avto and gets  the go-ahead goal, Tryamkin was on the ice but I think was one pass away from the 2nd assist  The group hug after the goal was funny, looked like Try was hugging his little ones :P

One play I liked was Try swatted a forechecking forward behind the net and with one paw the kid went over straight on his keester.flat on his back  Also noticed Try wasn't taking too many offensive chances (like in regular season games) and played a conservative stay at home style. 

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2
3 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

MMG ties it with goalie interference to tie the game 1-1 late in the 3rd

Pretty cautious OT till the last 5 min things heated up both ways.  Pare then scores and Avto gets  the go-ahead (winning goal--no sudden death?) Tryamkin was on the ice but I think was one pass away from the 2nd assist  The group hug after the goal was funny, looked like Try was hugging his little ones :P

One play I liked was Try swatted a forechecking forward behind the net and with one paw the kid went over straight on his keester.flat on his back Try wasn't taking too many offensive chances (like in regular season games) and played a conservative stay at home style. 

KHL.ru has the Metallurg goal (1-1) scored at 28:53 in the 2nd period and then Avto scoring (2-1) at 54:48 in the 3rd period.

Game ended in regulation (2-1 Avto) according to their website.

Tryamkin with 21:08, +1, 1 SOG, and 1 hit (per their game summary).

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Hydration 1
16 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

KHL.ru has the Metallurg goal (1-1) scored at 28:53 in the 2nd period and then Avto scoring (2-1) at 54:48 in the 3rd period.

Game ended in regulation (2-1 Avto) according to their website.

Tryamkin with 21:08, +1, 1 SOG, and 1 hit (per their game summary).

Thanks it was hard to follow in Russian.Ok kool, edited my numbers.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
9 hours ago, SilentSam said:

No shortage of ice time!... he’ll need to come to Vancouver for a break ;) 

Sam; DO you think Tryamkin can play a full time 2LD? Canucks currently have MDZ and Hutton trying to play there. I don't think either should be. While I will always be leery of Tryamkin because of his bolting I would put him at 2LD next year if he returned. Move MDZ and have Hutton and Joulevi fight over 3LD. 

18 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Sam; DO you think Tryamkin can play a full time 2LD? Canucks currently have MDZ and Hutton trying to play there. I don't think either should be. While I will always be leery of Tryamkin because of his bolting I would put him at 2LD next year if he returned. Move MDZ and have Hutton and Joulevi fight over 3LD. 

Can’t answer for Sam (and he probably watches more KHL games than me) but I felt like what we saw from Tryamkin here in Vancouver was enough to suggest he could handle a full time second pairing spot with a year of maturing and development. He’s had that and more in the KHL. Routinely plays ~25 minutes over there, all situations, as a team leader, and doesn’t seem to have trouble munching those high minutes. From what I’ve seen of him, his skating and conditioning seem to have only improved and his fundamentals remain sound. Plus all the extras he provides with his size and physicality. Maybe he’s not yet a 2LD on a contender, but on a team like Vancouver, I’d have no issues penciling him into that role whenever he returns (although hopefully our D looks a lot deeper in a year or two).

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Upvote 2
1 minute ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Can’t answer for Sam (and he watches more KHL games than me) but I felt like what we saw from Tryamkin here in Vancouver was enough to suggest he could handle a full time second pairing spot with a year of maturing and development. He’s had that and more in the KHL. Routinely plays ~25 minutes over there, all situations, as a team leader, and doesn’t seem to have trouble munching those high minutes. From what I’ve seen of him, his skating and conditioning seem to have only improved and his fundamentals remain sound. Plus all the extras he provides with his size and physicality. Maybe he’s not yet a 2LD on a contender, but on a team like Vancouver, I’d have no issues penciling him into that role whenever he returns (although hopefully our D looks a lot deeper in a year or two).

Thanks Sid, Your opinion is always appreciated. In all reality I doubt Tryamkin would consider coming back without a clear indication he would get a serious shot at top 4 play. I agree that last year he showed real flashes of what he has the potential to become. If he had stuck it out he would have had that opportunity THIS season. Love the idea of his returning, Tanev being traded for a 1st Rd'er and Joulevi breaking the line up next fall. My world is coming up roses? :ph34r:

13 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Can’t answer for Sam (and he probably watches more KHL games than me) but I felt like what we saw from Tryamkin here in Vancouver was enough to suggest he could handle a full time second pairing spot with a year of maturing and development. He’s had that and more in the KHL. Routinely plays ~25 minutes over there, all situations, as a team leader, and doesn’t seem to have trouble munching those high minutes. From what I’ve seen of him, his skating and conditioning seem to have only improved and his fundamentals remain sound. Plus all the extras he provides with his size and physicality. Maybe he’s not yet a 2LD on a contender, but on a team like Vancouver, I’d have no issues penciling him into that role whenever he returns (although hopefully our D looks a lot deeper in a year or two).

It will be interesting to see how the left D gets sorted out in the next couple years. We have a LOT of potential bullets in that gun.

With Try still a couple years off, I'd not be shocked to see Edler re-signed TBH (though they could also move on from him as well, we'll see).

From there you've got Juolevi and potentially/likely Tryamkin, I think some time very soon they'll have to make a call on Pouliot vs Hutton and in behind them you've got McEneny and Brisebois likely pushing for spots in that time frame then after that guys like Rathbone and perhaps some of this year's drafted guys, etc.

Never mind any potential UFA's.

Now not ALL of those guys are going to make it and if Try doesn't come back, that leaves a sizable (:lol:) hole but that's a LOT of guys vying for three spots.

• -SN- locked this topic
  • -SN- unlocked this topic