The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

10 hours ago, Boudrias said:

No doubt going back to the KHL was a big step backwards if his goal was becoming a NHL player. But maybe that is not his top priority. If it isn't then Benning has to move him. Benning has another season to make that decision. I can only hope that depth on LD makes moving him a easy decision. That will not likely be the case as Joulevi and the up coming pick will likely take a couple of years to establish themselves. 

You can’t trade a player who doesn’t want to be in the NHL for anything worth it. Least I’d take is a second and he would never fetch that on hope he returns.

keeping him is the better option

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Wanless said:

You can’t trade a player who doesn’t want to be in the NHL for anything worth it. Least I’d take is a second and he would never fetch that on hope he returns.

keeping him is the better option

I agree the least you take is a 2nd right now. As I mentioned there is no hurry. My point being that another club with better connections might feel they can talk him back in which case they would see enough value to want to deal. Simply put Tryamkin still has value to the Canucks even if he never puts the uni on again. 

According to previous interviews, his manager etc he's still interested in coming back to the NHL when his current contract is over. Which would be like acquiring a free, young, potentially top 4 D. I'm happy to be patient to see if that happens as it's not costing us anything to simply wait. And he holds basically zero trade value while in Russia anyway.

• Upvote 2

I wouldn't say he has ZERO value. Rights are rights, and Tryamkin is the kind of guy GMs dream of having on their team. As you mentioned - he already mentioned being interested in coming back to the NHL, and perhaps if he isn't willing to do it with the Canucks he's willing to do so for another team. I don't think those rights are worth a 2nd, but somewhere in between like a 3rd or 4th seems reasonable to me.

However, provided he hasn't told Benning flat-out that he will never play for the Canucks again, I agree with you in being patient and waiting. We aren't going to be competing for a cup in the meanwhile, and the playoffs is where a guy like Tryamkin makes the biggest difference I think.

5 minutes ago, kloubek said:

I wouldn't say he has ZERO value. Rights are rights, and Tryamkin is the kind of guy GMs dream of having on their team. As you mentioned - he already mentioned being interested in coming back to the NHL, and perhaps if he isn't willing to do it with the Canucks he's willing to do so for another team. I don't think those rights are worth a 2nd, but somewhere in between like a 3rd or 4th seems reasonable to me.

However, provided he hasn't told Benning flat-out that he will never play for the Canucks again, I agree with you in being patient and waiting. We aren't going to be competing for a cup in the meanwhile, and the playoffs is where a guy like Tryamkin makes the biggest difference I think.

Pretty much and the 'maybe' (which is probably closer to 'probably') of getting Try back in 2 years is worth a hell of a lot more than a 4th +/-.

2 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

MMG looking dangerous in the 1st with better scoring chances, as Atvo looks desperate to try to tie up the series. Atvo's small forwards though (I counted 4-5 hits and knockdowns of Atvo players by the bigger MMG forwards, wore down the Atvo forwards IMO)......Try looks good taking more chances it seems..he sealed off his blue line twice one with the body another via the stick check.(Add a great hit at the end of the period) He looks like he's taking a bit more chances today pinching some more and getting involved in the nuetral zone some..

A very lacklustre PP for Atvo to end the period,  These playoff games are way more intense than the regular season games I watched.

Timkin scores to start the 2nd for MMG. The referee's are wearing headsets, we should do that. Mozy gets a second goal, MMG 2-0

Atvo scores against the flow of play behind 2-1. 3rd period MMG protecting the lead. Tryamkin with a couple of nice slap shots but no luck. Chibosov runs over the Atvo goalie and Try sees there is going to be no call and promptly knocks Chibo on his arse. MMG with the EN goal to seal it 3-1 and take the series, all that's left is the handshakes. Viktor Kozlov coached a good series for MMG. Now we can get Try over to finish our season here, we'll just slip him into Stecher's jersey. No one will even notice.

:towel:

Thanks for the updates Hairy !

Give Nik a couple of days,  would like to think Jim Trev and Travis would be FaceTime-ing Nik and his agent soon... at least put the notion of Vancouver in his lid for next season.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Boudrias said:

No doubt going back to the KHL was a big step backwards if his goal was becoming a NHL player. But maybe that is not his top priority. If it isn't then Benning has to move him. Benning has another season to make that decision. I can only hope that depth on LD makes moving him a easy decision. That will not likely be the case as Joulevi and the up coming pick will likely take a couple of years to establish themselves. 

I'm not sure what you'd get for him, I suppose Benning could let other agents speak to him formally about playing somewhere else but it would still be a lowball offer, and very low priority in terms of effort by Jim I'm sure, maybe when were within sight of losing Nik's rights he'd look at something like that but right now I doubt we'd get much back. 

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

According to previous interviews, his manager etc he's still interested in coming back to the NHL when his current contract is over. Which would be like acquiring a free, young, potentially top 4 D. I'm happy to be patient to see if that happens as it's not costing us anything to simply wait. And he holds basically zero trade value while in Russia anyway.

This is actually the only way I would want him.

If he didn’t honour his current contract there wouldn’t be much trust in him staying for his NHL contract. 

And youre right, if he came back our d would be stacked, with the hopes juolevi pans out and we pick up 1-2 stud dmen this draft and then trades

• Cheers 1

Try is down with team Tank.  

He knows that we will need one more top 10 draft pick after this year and then he’ll be finishing his contract and coming over to take us to the playoffs.  

Enjoy your summer Nikita, see you in 1.5 years! 

4 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Try is down with team Tank.  

He knows that we will need one more top 10 draft pick after this year and then he’ll be finishing his contract and coming over to take us to the playoffs.  

Enjoy your summer Nikita, see you in 1.5 years! 

Try has two years left on his contract. So he must think we need 2 more top 10 picks?

2 hours ago, Jackalman said:

Try has two years left on his contract. So he must think we need 2 more top 10 picks?

Next years a wash, but the year after IF we somehow squeeze a playoff spot AND his Atvo gets knocked out in the first round again we MAY be able to add him for the last 10-20 games and hopefully playoffs. I hope!

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jackalman said:

Two years left providing his team can afford him.  The money could easily not be there for Tryamkin even next season.  If that’s the case, he’s coming back sooner.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jackalman said:

I believe one of those years is an option (player's) and he has an NHL out clause I think one of the translated interviews implied BUT if his wife still isn't keen on living in your drug infested city, you can wait a long while and he will never come.   You need to be selling his wife (or getting her hooked on your weed).

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Two years left providing his team can afford him.  The money could easily not be there for Tryamkin even next season.  If that’s the case, he’s coming back sooner.

The best forward on MMG  (the team they lost to) Mozy makes 4.3 Million, I don't think Try is making that (as much as a top KHL forward) my guess is 2-3 Million

so my guess is the economics of it make it a great draw to play here. Especially when Mrs.Try visits Mrs.Mozy's house. Cause we all know wives know the bank accounts better than the husbands.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I believe one of those years is an option (player's) and he has an NHL out clause I think one of the translated interviews implied BUT if his wife still isn't keen on living in your drug infested city, you can wait a long while and he will never come.   You need to be selling his wife (or getting her hooked on your weed).

The culture shock seemed to be a bit much for him. 

Players that come from Sweden are able to adapt much better. Simply because they already speak the language, and the attitudes and beliefs here are not that unlike Sweden.

• Upvote 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

The culture shock seemed to be a bit much for him. 

Players that come from Sweden are able to adapt much better. Simply because they already speak the language, and the attitudes and beliefs here are not that unlike Sweden.

For him?  Perhaps but for his wife it was almost certain as at least he had his teammates and such but she had an empty apartment and safety/smell concerns apparently.   

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

The best forward on MMG  (the team they lost to) Mozy makes 4.3 Million, I don't think Try is making that (as much as a top KHL forward) my guess is 2-3 Million

so my guess is the economics of it make it a great draw to play here. Especially when Mrs.Try visits Mrs.Mozy's house Lol

And the money paid there might go “poof” and disappear/dry up at any team.  A contract in the NHL is guaranteed.