The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

Just now, Rob_Zepp said:

For him?  Perhaps but for his wife it was almost certain as at least he had his teammates and such but she had an empty apartment and safety/smell concerns apparently.   

I believe it’s with his young wife where the Canucks failed.  “Happy wife...happy life”.  Canucks management should have made certain Tryamkin’s young wife was feeling safe, and happy.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Alflives said:

I believe it’s with his young wife where the Canucks failed.  “Happy wife...happy life”.  Canucks management should have made certain Tryamkin’s young wife was feeling safe, and happy.  

While I don't disagree, I am not sure how that could have happened realistically.   Short of moving her hometown and family plus putting a Russian market in front of her home located away from any weed in any direction - not sure what could have happened.   Let her grow up a bit (they are both so young) and think about this again and perhaps the big guy will convince her to give it another shot and perhaps the Canucks, in the meantime, can buy up some real estate in a "weed free zone"  for them.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Apparently they almost folded last year.

Isn’t a game ticket almost as much as a month’s salary for the people in that city?  The Canucks really should be able to get him back for next season.  One really good thing about our owner is he’s willing to spend money on the team.  I don’t know what it would cost, but go get the big guy.

• Like 1

Just now, Rob_Zepp said:

While I don't disagree, I am not sure how that could have happened realistically.   Short of moving her hometown and family plus putting a Russian market in front of her home located away from any weed in any direction - not sure what could have happened.   Let her grow up a bit (they are both so young) and think about this again and perhaps the big guy will convince her to give it another shot and perhaps the Canucks, in the meantime, can buy up some real estate in a "weed free zone"  for them.

Or she could just introduce herself to the local weed smokers. Two birds, one stone?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rob_Zepp said:

So much dumb when it comes to the weed aspect of Vancouver. He said he couldn't believe how prevalent it was. Not that it had anything to do with his decision to leave the city. This point is yet another from a poorly translated interview that seems to persist.

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

For him?  Perhaps but for his wife it was almost certain as at least he had his teammates and such but she had an empty apartment and safety/smell concerns apparently.   

Yea but again that comes down to attitudes. There's clearly a different attitude towards weed there than there is here.

For a more liberal country like Sweden I don't think something like that would even phase them.

1 minute ago, canuckledraggin said:

So much dumb when it comes to the weed aspect of Vancouver. He said he couldn't believe how prevalent it was. Not that it had anything to do with his decision to leave the city. This point is yet another from a poorly translated interview that seems to persist.

It's a joke.   Clearly that was, at best, his attempt to not come out and say "my wife was homesick" so he threw it out there as one thing she may have said once in the elevator or who knows.

It is just kinda fun to keep bringing it up given the reputation your city has.

Just now, Rob_Zepp said:

It's a joke.   Clearly that was, at best, his attempt to not come out and say "my wife was homesick" so he threw it out there as one thing she may have said once in the elevator or who knows.

It is just kinda fun to keep bringing it up given the reputation your city has.

Possibly for you actually 'get the joke', but this thread is littered with those who take it literally. Yes he left Vancouver cuz weed. It's the dumbest thing that could possibly could have been the actual reason for his departure. Homesick is my best guess. I stated above that we have his rights until 2022. Nobody bothered to respond to that. He stated that money wasn't the reason, because NHL money would have dwarfed his current salary. The kid is going to be a player for Vancouver in a couple of years. We are going to be a lucky team to have a 25 year old monster on our back line.

11 minutes ago, canuckledraggin said:

Possibly for you actually 'get the joke', but this thread is littered with those who take it literally. Yes he left Vancouver cuz weed. It's the dumbest thing that could possibly could have been the actual reason for his departure. Homesick is my best guess. I stated above that we have his rights until 2022. Nobody bothered to respond to that. He stated that money wasn't the reason, because NHL money would have dwarfed his current salary. The kid is going to be a player for Vancouver in a couple of years. We are going to be a lucky team to have a 25 year old monster on our back line.

He left for a myriad of reasons (like any decision) and the one that makes the most sense was his young bride was homesick.   It is the one that by far makes the most sense.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Two years left providing his team can afford him.  The money could easily not be there for Tryamkin even next season.  If that’s the case, he’s coming back sooner.

If the KHL salary cap goes down he may be a casualty for sure.

Of course he may also not be happy that the league is literally fixed to try to ensure that Putin's team wins.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I believe one of those years is an option (player's) and he has an NHL out clause I think one of the translated interviews implied BUT if his wife still isn't keen on living in your drug infested city, you can wait a long while and he will never come.   You need to be selling his wife (or getting her hooked on your weed).

I think they'd be happier out of the down town core. They'd probably feel more comfortable somewhere more rural or perhaps north van etc. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I think they'd be happier out of the down town core. They'd probably feel more comfortable somewhere more rural or perhaps north van etc. 

Isn’t there a Russian community in Vancouver?  I thought we had one out towards Kits? 

11 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I seem to remember your city is a royal pain to get to your rink if you don't live downtown - or does the team practice in the suburbs?   

2 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I seem to remember your city is a royal pain to get to your rink if you don't live downtown - or does the team practice in the suburbs?   

Torts commuted from Point Roberts and Bertuzzi used to commute from North Van. 

There's a reason why both of them were always cranky.

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Is no stroll down Georgia street but there are areas outside of down town that it's only a moderate annoyance. They aren't cheap though. 

2 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Or she could just introduce herself to the local weed smokers. Two birds, one stone?

2 hours ago, canuckledraggin said:

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Yea but again that comes down to attitudes. There's clearly a different attitude towards weed there than there is here.

For a more liberal country like Sweden I don't think something like that would even phase them.

I’m usually driving into the city from the North Shore at 5am..

Does Any Body here realize how many Skunks get run over every night..  smells like the same thing to me lol :) 

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

The culture shock seemed to be a bit much for him. 

Players that come from Sweden are able to adapt much better. Simply because they already speak the language, and the attitudes and beliefs here are not that unlike Sweden.

... and Willie D doing his Steam Roller impersonation on Nik had nothing to do with it?

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

... and Willie D doing his Steam Roller impersonation on Nik had nothing to do with it?

I have a feeling he would have bolted even if he was being given top minutes.

This was a family issue that could only be solved by moving back home.

• Upvote 3