The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 10:20 PM, SilentSam said:

Bad news for Avtomobilist..

what I could translate..

This might be a good news actually depending who the new coach would be... Krikunov is highly criticized by the Avto fans for being too old and conservative, the bad power play, not using import players effectively, stone face at the bench during games... Hmm sounds familiar...

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

On 3/16/2018 at 3:50 PM, Rob_Zepp said:

Be careful to not get too happy about KHL numbers.   The top KHL Dman this season in terms of points and apparently in line for the top D award, Philip Larsen.     Even Marc Andre Gragnani was in top 10 in D in KHL (big Try was not) and other than a cup of coffee in NHL (incuding one for your Canucks), he isn't someone who you want to be behind in stats if you think you were ready for NHL.   

Tryamkin is an intriguing prospect but he is no more a lock for NHL top 4 than he was when he was on your team - he shows lots of promise but he has a long way to go in his own end and no assurance he will get there.   People who keep thinking he is a sure NHL thing really just need to look at the Dmen in the KHL and check their average ice time, key stats etc. and then project back to NHL for the big guy.

I watched Try's last few playoff game's and he looked strong. I think his style is more suited to our smaller ice. And he wasn't on the 1st unit PP but I think he was coached to be a stay at home D. On the other hand Lee from MMG was a pure offensive Dman and keyed their PP. Two different types of players. 

One thing that I did love was his ability to flatten forwards which he did a few times plus some long reach stick checks.He was also a key PK'er and had no problem clearing the crease.

Edited by Hairy Kneel

He's taking a huge pay cut playing for Atvo (his hometown). I'd guess at least a Million if not 2 Million a year.

Market value here he'd be up 5-6 Million for the duration of his contract there. Atvo almost folded last year too. But it's what he wants for his family.

Hopefully he changes his mind (when he does the math).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

This might be a good news actually depending who the new coach would be... Krikunov is highly criticized by the Avto fans for being too old and conservative, the bad power play, not using import players effectively, stone face at the bench during games... Hmm sounds familiar...

Oh so familiar!  

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

And the small forwards got pushed around every game. Won very few board battles.

.. even more familiar Hairy!

just saw an image on Nik’s Instagram, he was at Kotsovo International Airport about 7hrs ago.

So, being the friendly Canadian I am,.  I sent him this :) ..

https://www.farecompare.com/flights/Ekaterinburg-SVX/Vancouver-YVR/market.html

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I watched Try's last few playoff game's and he looked strong. I think his style is more suited to our smaller ice. And he wasn't on the 1st unit PP but I think he was coached to be a stay at home D. On the other hand Lee from MMG was a pure offensive Dman and keyed their PP. Two different types of players. 

One thing that I did love was his ability to flatten forwards which he did a few times plus some long reach stick checks.He was also a key PK'er and had no problem clearing the crease.

No question the kid hits well!

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

.. even more familiar Hairy!

just saw an image on Nik’s Instagram, he was at Kotsovo International Airport about 7hrs ago.

So, being the friendly Canadian I am,.  I sent him this :) ..

https://www.farecompare.com/flights/Ekaterinburg-SVX/Vancouver-YVR/market.html

Hahaha!LMAO. Awesome! Hey their weather there today is like ours 9 degrees partly cloudy

Edited by Hairy Kneel

12 hours ago, Dave "The Hammer" Schultz said:

From what i read somewere, i doubt he will comeback...one of his biggest issues was vancouvers over whelming pot smokers ...and with pot being legalized soon, gonna be worse....i guesss nikita dont like pot :P

I don't think he knows what he likes. He's a big kid and all his problems imo are in his head. His home town is riddled with drugs, some of his national teams are on state sponsored drug programs and he rails at Vancouver pot smokers. He's a hoot.

On 2018-03-19 at 12:35 AM, Hairy Kneel said:

He's taking a huge pay cut playing for Atvo (his hometown). I'd guess at least a Million if not 2 Million a year.

Market value here he'd be up 5-6 Million for the duration of his contract there. Atvo almost folded last year too. But it's what he wants for his family.

Hopefully he changes his mind (when he does the math).

Sounds like Avtomobilist will survive the KHL’s cuts ... 2 other teams have announced that they are out,  maybe more to come.

Avtomobilist did announce plans for a new arena.

https://twitter.com/vorkywh24/status/977091512029863936?s=20

Edited by SilentSam
  • Wat 1

What would his rights get us? As much as I would love to see him come back and even playing at his floor like a sustr type  or become a gudas I think there could be a team or 2 eyeing this guy up willing to pay and try and bring him back over seas 

6 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

What would his rights get us? As much as I would love to see him come back and even playing at his floor like a sustr type  or become a gudas I think there could be a team or 2 eyeing this guy up willing to pay and try and bring him back over seas 

Giving up his rights will get us nothing.

Paitience is a virtue in this situation..  it’s a no loss situation as it stands.

if he returns we could have a fantastic, skilled, exciting, physically powerful, game changing D man.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Upvote 1