The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

We are lucky that we're rebuilding. The timing of his Atvo contract and our young prospects coming in is pretty kismet.

Plus he has a head start on league play and league conditions. Especially the cheap chippy stuff that is so prevalent.

Pukey weak ass after the whistle no instigator stuff.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Giving up his rights will get us nothing.

Paitience is a virtue in this situation..  it’s a no loss situation as it stands.

if he returns we could have a fantastic, skilled, exciting, physically powerful, game changing D man.

I love the thought of a tryamkin at full potential on the small ice don’t get me wrong but I for some reason am a doubter of him returning to Vancouver, I hope I’m wrong or I hope your wrong about his rights being worth nothing time will tell I guess in benning we trust 

14 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

I love the thought of a tryamkin at full potential on the small ice don’t get me wrong but I for some reason am a doubter of him returning to Vancouver, I hope I’m wrong or I hope your wrong about his rights being worth nothing time will tell I guess in benning we trust 

Tryamkin WANTS to play well in the NHL,  he WANTS to be a legit world class player..  it seems he also wants to have control of his happiness on the journey to that point.

Im pretty confident we will see Nik back,  as a fully primed, physically powerful athlete,  just as the Byfugliens, Burns, Chara’s, get weaker... like what @Hairy Kneel has said... he has had a taste of the crap that takes place, he doesn’t need to play here and be targeted as a big man,  when he can arrive here and have full control, fully developed.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

I really don't know the in's and out's of what went down last year, but it's sounds like a combination of factors.  I get the feeling the Tram would probably be a little more eager to return to NA if he was coming back to a different team.  I don't take it personally, it's just business.  

He is a decent trade chip, perhaps in combination with another d-man.  How much value he could get, I am not sure.  I imagine it would probably be after some serious back water discussions between Tram's agent and the other team.  

It all kind of make sense now when TL and JB said that the Canucks need a "safe working environment" for the younger players.  

All players need to fight their own battles, but not when you're the primary target.  

A few big and tough players can help with team toughness, but it's best when it's done by committee.  If the Canucks expect guys like Gudbranson and Tryamkin to drop the gloves after a big hit, it's only fair that players like Virtanen, Horvat, Sutter, etc needs to be willing participants when the other teams wants dance partners.  There's no more disheartening feeling than going into a fight and realizing that there's no one on your team willing to back you up.  

• Upvote 3

On 2018-03-27 at 3:44 PM, Hairy Kneel said:

His wife went back to finish her degree, graduated. Tryamkin is helping out his hometown team (leaving quite a bit on the table).

And this is is Instagram.

nikita_tryamkin  88????????   nikita_tryamkin88  • Instagram photos and videos (2).jpg

.. and this is his Twitter, where he consistently likes or Re-tweets what the Canucks post or tweet.

2E5365E0-1E3C-4F06-BB37-5E52849E5CDA.png.c2e33073a358e17af2d1a557df21fc9b.png

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, Dungass said:

I really don't know the in's and out's of what went down last year, but it's sounds like a combination of factors.  I get the feeling the Tram would probably be a little more eager to return to NA if he was coming back to a different team.  I don't take it personally, it's just business.  

He is a decent trade chip, perhaps in combination with another d-man.  How much value he could get, I am not sure.  I imagine it would probably be after some serious back water discussions between Tram's agent and the other team.  

This guy must be like an Oilers fan and wants us to trade Tryamkin to Oilers for cheap. lol

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Dungass said:

By the time his contract with Avto expires the Canucks will be a new team. New coach in Travis Green who treats players fairly as long as they work hard. No Sedins and a new leadership group with Horvat, Boeser, and Gaudette. Likely an open spot in the top-4 for him as well.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

7 hours ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

Not sure if anyone’s pointed this out but I remember reading a quote from Try where he was pissed off and put off by having to fight for delivering clean hits. 

We all remember this 

and the anaheim players jumping him after a hit

but he doesn’t mind droping the glove and paying the price if there’s good reason for it. 

Like  for this knee on knee :

If there’s good reason he will fight. Like standing up for his teammates:

Or for himself:

Please come back Try

Honestly if he isn't a guy who likes to fight I get why he was annoyed with this. He makes clean hits and has to fight because they are big hits.

• Upvote 2

On 2018-03-14 at 1:46 PM, Horvat is a Boss said:

To be honest, I don't understand why this thread has this much activity outside of following his team in the Playoffs.

It seems here it's a lot like not letting go of an Aussie girlfriend, and she left here because outside of winters in Whistler she really didn't like Canada.

• Cheers 1