The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

Roster for the Russian national team is announced to participate in the Swedish Games (part of Euro Tournament)  and Tryamkin is still in! - I mean even after the KHL playoffs are over. Russia plays Finland on April 26, Sweden on April 28 and Czech on April 29.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Stierlitz said:

Roster for the Russian national team is announced to participate in the Swedish Games (part of Euro Tournament)  and Tryamkin is still in! - I mean even after the KHL playoffs are over. Russia plays Finland on April 26, Sweden on April 28 and Czech on April 29.

Great news!

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

Ooh testi, taking it personally.

Not saying doesn't have a role, toughness plays a secondary role in the NHL today.  And that is where he need to be in a secondary role.  Ultimately, need to score more goals than you let in, he puts up no points and is not that great defensively.  In fact when he moves his feet and is playing the game at a higher pace I think he is not bad, unfortunately the nights he is not moving well and overthinking are more numerous.  I love good tough players, I just don't think tough is enough to make you a good player.

If someone did what Bobby Clarke used to do he would be run out of the game.  Ulf Samuelsson would have spent more time suspended than playing.  The game has changed, and mostly for the better.  Toughness has its place and role but I question the wisdom of paying as much for it for a player that doesn't do a great job of ticking any of the other boxes.

I trust Benning in the draft, I think his contracts and pro scouting are at best defensible when looked at individually but when standing back and taking more of the 100ft view are poor.

Oh and I don't care for analytics.  It is a sport I watch for fun, I get enough stats at work.  So in the case it is the eye test he is failing.

Couldnt disagree more.

7 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Hmm... draft lottery day. Both Tryamkin and Pettersson have been recently quoted saying they hope the Canucks win the lottery. Pettersson is hoping for Dahlin and Tryamkin likes both but probably leans toward Svechnikov. I say the hockey gods should use the match as inspiration. Team Sweden win: Canucks win first overall and draft Dahlin. Team Russia win: second overall and Svechnikov. Only seems fair. ;) 

I like this proposal. Hockey god, please accept this proposal.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Hmm... draft lottery day. Both Tryamkin and Pettersson have been recently quoted saying they hope the Canucks win the lottery. Pettersson is hoping for Dahlin and Tryamkin likes both but probably leans toward Svechnikov. I say the hockey gods should use the match as inspiration. Team Sweden win: Canucks win first overall and draft Dahlin. Team Russia win: second overall and Svechnikov. Only seems fair. ;) 

I like this plan B)

... and Tryamkin returns.

• Cheers 1

19 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Your refering to Gudbranson here..  take it to his thread.

But sure,Yeah,    we need to see more Stetchers and Tanevs get Smushed..  throw out team chemistry and talent distribution.. just go off analytics and Sharmen Soft Hands for D,. Oh and Flo.     Especially in the Western Conference. :ph34r:   

... get a grip.. he is young for a big Dman, and is developing. Looked the best when not paired with a prospect, he and Edler were solid, Eagle came back to life.

Gudranson may not sparkle or have glitter..  but he wont pop and fizzle on the sidewalk the way Tanev has.

..even a Baker knows the ingredients to a good batch of Cookies.  Trust Bennings decisions, and have a bit of patience.

So, let me get this straight. You "order" this talk to be moved to the Gudbranson thread instead, but then you go on to talk about Gudbranson.  Ok, Kettle.

If Tryamkin comes back, Gudbranson is gone. He hits better, hits more often, can put up more points, and would come cheaper.  There is no contest, and there is no room on any NHL team for two guys who do what they do unless the remaining 4 are so good at putting up points and defending that it makes it feasible. Yes, toughness and hitting has it's place (especially in the playoffs), but if 1/3 of your defense is filled with guys who can't contribute on the scoresheet, your team isn't likely going to be very well balanced for scoring on the back end. 

I'd sooner have Tryamkin and whatever we might pay him as opposed to 4m tied up in such a one dimensional, scoreless guy in Gudbranson.  In fact, the only thing I think Gudbranson brings to the table over Tryamkin is his supposed leadership. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, kloubek said:

So, let me get this straight. You "order" this talk to be moved to the Gudbranson thread instead, but then you go on to talk about Gudbranson.  Ok, Kettle.

If Tryamkin comes back, Gudbranson is gone. He hits better, hits more often, can put up more points, and would come cheaper.  There is no contest, and there is no room on any NHL team for two guys who do what they do unless the remaining 4 are so good at putting up points and defending that it makes it feasible. Yes, toughness and hitting has it's place (especially in the playoffs), but if 1/3 of your defense is filled with guys who can't contribute on the scoresheet, your team isn't likely going to be very well balanced for scoring on the back end. 

I'd sooner have Tryamkin and whatever we might pay him as opposed to 4m tied up in such a one dimensional, scoreless guy in Gudbranson.  In fact, the only thing I think Gudbranson brings to the table over Tryamkin is his supposed leadership. 

Like a bad Jockitch, You have no patience.  Thats too bad.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Like a bad Jockitch, You have no patience.  Thats too bad.

I have patience.  I realize he's still relatively young.  But I just haven't seen improvement in him. If he was at least getting better, then I could see the potential of what he might be.  But he isn't.

Methinks you might be waiting forever.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, kloubek said:

I have patience.  I realize he's still relatively young.  But I just haven't seen improvement in him. If he was at least getting better, then I could see the potential of what he might be.  But he isn't.

Methinks you might be waiting forever.

Meet me in Gudransons thread.

5 minutes ago, Mbnuckfan said:

I cant get a functional link, how does pettersson look? 

Pettersson looks good.  Swedes scored a couple, while I was watching.  Pettersson was net front on one.  He’s very aware of his defensive responsibilities.  He’s good away from the puck.

Russian guys all play like individuals.  Big Nikita, and a lot of the Russian guys, might be just a bit tired.  They all seem a step behind.  

Big ice makes for a lot of perimeter play.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mbnuckfan said:

I cant get a functional link, how does pettersson look? 

Mistake free game and created a chance or two. But largely uneventful.

Nikita had a very good game in my opinion. Skated well played against Sweden's first line. Russia had this weird system where Tryamkin was clogging up the neutral zone rather than being positioned on defensive side.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

If we get the 2nd pick and pick Svechnikov it's like a double win.  I'm sure playing with a Russian superstar would be enticing enough to lure Nikita back to Vancouver. 

Get an elite F and a D with the first pick :lol:

Eventually maybe have our future Swedish superstar flanked by a couple Ruskies:

Goldobin, Pettersson, Svech

Dahlen, Horvat, Boeser :towel: