The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

21 minutes ago, kloubek said:

I have patience.  I realize he's still relatively young.  But I just haven't seen improvement in him. If he was at least getting better, then I could see the potential of what he might be.  But he isn't.

Methinks you might be waiting forever.

Meet me in Gudransons thread.

5 minutes ago, Mbnuckfan said:

I cant get a functional link, how does pettersson look? 

Pettersson looks good.  Swedes scored a couple, while I was watching.  Pettersson was net front on one.  He’s very aware of his defensive responsibilities.  He’s good away from the puck.

Russian guys all play like individuals.  Big Nikita, and a lot of the Russian guys, might be just a bit tired.  They all seem a step behind.  

Big ice makes for a lot of perimeter play.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Mbnuckfan said:

I cant get a functional link, how does pettersson look? 

Mistake free game and created a chance or two. But largely uneventful.

Nikita had a very good game in my opinion. Skated well played against Sweden's first line. Russia had this weird system where Tryamkin was clogging up the neutral zone rather than being positioned on defensive side.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

If we get the 2nd pick and pick Svechnikov it's like a double win.  I'm sure playing with a Russian superstar would be enticing enough to lure Nikita back to Vancouver. 

Get an elite F and a D with the first pick :lol:

Eventually maybe have our future Swedish superstar flanked by a couple Ruskies:

Goldobin, Pettersson, Svech

Dahlen, Horvat, Boeser :towel:

1 hour ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

This is still preliminary roster and might change depending on the NHL playoff results. Mikhail Sergachev (Tampa) and Dmitry Orlov (Washington) are two defensemen who will be in the team if their clubs are eliminated.

• Hydration 1
36 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

This is still preliminary roster and might change depending on the NHL playoff results. Mikhail Sergachev (Tampa) and Dmitry Orlov (Washington) are two defensemen who will be in the team if their clubs are eliminated.

So you're saying cheer for the Lighting and the Caps?? 

• Hydration 1
18 minutes ago, NHL'er said:

So you're saying cheer for the Lighting and the Caps?? 

Or not.........if they lose and get added, maybe Try gets screwed over again and it's the final straw driving him back to the NHL!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, stawns said:

Or not.........if they lose and get added, maybe Try gets screwed over again and it's the final straw driving him back to the NHL!!!!!

Fortunately (or unfortunately) he is the man of his word that means another two years for us to wait until his contract expires.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

Fortunately (or unfortunately) he is the man of his word that means another two years for us to wait until his contract expires.

one can hope, but I do agree.

The official Russian roster is pretty short right now consisting only of 17 players including just 5 defensemen. Tryamkin and two other defensemen from the preliminary roster are waiting for some NHL playoff news.

On 2018-05-01 at 10:06 AM, Stierlitz said:

Trade the big guy to the Caps for Madison Bowie?  He might come back right away to play with OV and the other Russian guys on the Caps, and we get a young guy who will be on our team.  Sounds like it could be a win...win.

1 hour ago, Stierlitz said:

The official Russian roster is pretty short right now consisting only of 17 players including just 5 defensemen. Tryamkin and two other defensemen from the preliminary roster are waiting for some NHL playoff news.

I don’t understand this. They play tomorrow morning. When is the roster deadline?

1 hour ago, thad said:

I don’t understand this. They play tomorrow morning. When is the roster deadline?

Well this is quite complicated subject due to the NHL playoffs happening at the same time as the IIHF world championships.

1. The teams submit the names of the participating players at the first Championship Directorate which is on May 4.
  2. The maximum number of players allowed on a Team Registration Form at the beginning of the World Championship is 22 skaters and 3 goalies. The minimum is 15 skaters and 2 goalies.
  3. At the first Directorate meeting, the teams must name at least the minimum number of 15 skaters and 2 goalkeepers.
  4. Players can be added throughout the tournament until the roster is full.
  5. The remaining players up to the allowed maximum of 22 + 3 must be submitted for players' control two hours before any of the following championship games.
  • SNuck locked this topic
  • SNuck unlocked this topic