The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

I remember Gaunce pushing him up the grouse grind last year, hope he is in a bit better shape now.

hes also 6'7 265 and Gaunce is 6'2 210 ish

I don't care how good of shape your in, dragging 6'7" and 265lbs up the grind is NOT going to be easy. If Gauncer helped push him though...that speaks pretty well of HIS fitness :towel:

How excellent would it be if in a few seasons JB gets Chara to come to Vancouver to mentor the new D Core, just like Sundin really helped push the forward core after the Naslund transition.

Tryamkin learning from Z?? Wow!

Meh, Chara's already slowing down a LOT now. I'd wager he's going to retire.

Totally agree. Sundin really didn't bring much individually, but our forward core went on a tear after he was here.

Edited by BabychStache

• 1 month later...

Totally agree. Sundin really didn't bring much individually, but our forward core went on a tear after he was here.

28 points in 41 games during the regular season and 8 points in 8 playoff games. His play was pretty impressive. Only thing lacking was footspeed

I thought he brought a lot to the table.

28 points in 41 games during the regular season and 8 points in 8 playoff games. His play was pretty impressive. Only thing lacking was footspeed

I thought he brought a lot to the table.

Sundin was amazing in the playoffs. We failed him.

Sundin was amazing in the playoffs. We failed him.

Sadly it`s true.

That should have been enough to close out that game. Unfortunately we all remember what came next...

What could have been that season if we had won game 6 and closed Chicago out at home.

• Upvote 1

Sundin left a very positive mark on the Sedins and other players.

Mats Sundin literally turned Sedins into 1st line players into NHL all stars.

Turned Ryan Kesler into a 3rd line plug, to ultra shut down second line player.

Turned Alex Burrows into a 4th line plug into a prominent top 6 winger.

Turned Alex Edlers game around too.

It's too bad Sundin also played the 2009 playoffs injured. I think if he and Kesler was healthy would have helped. Mats Sundin made a huge impact. Sedins are expected to the same for our next generation of young players.

Mats Sundin literally turned Sedins into 1st line players into NHL all stars.

Turned Ryan Kesler into a 3rd line plug, to ultra shut down second line player.

Turned Alex Burrows into a 4th line plug into a prominent top 6 winger.

Turned Alex Edlers game around too.

It's too bad Sundin also played the 2009 playoffs injured. I think if he and Kesler was healthy would have helped. Mats Sundin made a huge impact. Sedins are expected to the same for our next generation of young players.

I understand that he had a positive long term effect on the Canucks dressing room...but really?

HE did all those things?

Not the coaches, not each players personal drive, but Mats Sundin. He is the greatest talent developer of all time!

I understand that he had a positive long term effect on the Canucks dressing room...but really?

HE did all those things?

Not the coaches, not each players personal drive, but Mats Sundin. He is the greatest talent developer of all time!

He also cured my moms cancer... Amazing man.