The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Can y'all take your Try vs WD nonsense to PM or something....?

I'd say its quite relevant to Nik moving on. But yah there's not much that can be done about it now. 

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

I'd say its quite relevant to Nik moving on. But yah there's not much that can be done about it now. 

I think by far the largest reason he went home was that he was FAR more comfortable in Russia/near his family/with his wife etc.

The rest is peripheral and frankly has been gone over ad nauseum to the point where no one is covering any new ground (or changing anyone's opinion) and it's more grating than a bunch of old hen's bickering at a sewing circle.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, aGENT said:

I think by far the largest reason he went home was that he was FAR more comfortable in Russia/near his family/with his wife etc.

The rest is peripheral and frankly has been gone over ad nauseum to the point where no one is covering any new ground (or changing anyone's opinion) and it's more grating than a bunch of old hen's bickering at a sewing circle.

No. Willie must be punished. 

• 3 weeks later...

For the start of the 2022-23 season (in 4 years), Id like to see

Juolevi (24)  Bouchard (22)

Tanev (32) Tryamkin (27)

Stecher (27) Gudbranson (29)

Pouliot (28)

Hutton (29)

Thats a good mature group thats still young enough to compete hard.

Tanev is the only one above 30 but his playing style doesn't require much physicality as he's good with his stick work and positioning.

Edited by CanucksJay

7 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

For the start of the 2022-23 season (in 4 years), Id like to see

Juolevi (24)  Bouchard (22)

Tanev (32) Tryamkin (27)

Stecher (27) Gudbranson (29)

Pouliot (28)

Hutton (29)

Thats a good mature group thats still young enough to compete hard.

Tanev is the only one above 30 but his playing style doesn't require much physicality as he's good with his stick work and positioning.

not so sure about that

i heard tanev will be issued an invitation any day now

to join the canadian sledge hockey team

• Haha 1

I don't think Tanev re-signs. Honestly the sooner we can get value for him the better. (And you have him/Tryamkin on their off sides FWIW @CanucksJay.)

In four years...since we're fantasizing, I'd love to see something like:

Juolevi, Doughty (or other UFA next year)

Tryamkin, Dobson/Boqvist

Brisebois, Stecher

Sautner, Chatfield

Edited by aGENT

1 hour ago, coastal.view said:

not so sure about that

i heard tanev will be issued an invitation any day now

to join the canadian sledge hockey team

Won't matter as Tanev will be playing in TO and we will all be debating who to pick with their 1st Rdr.

Waiting another two years before Tryamkin may re-join the Canucks sounds so painfully long. 

We could really use this guy this coming year. The organization has never had someone of his size and skill set combo. 

38 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

He watches the team closely, and a while back an article by Rob Williams said that Tryamkin keeps in touch with Goldobin quite often.

If things look good this next upcoming season for the club in terms of giving young players chances to succeed and prominent roles, I could see Tram asking for a buyout of his last year and head over here again. 

Boy do we need him though...needed him yesterday on this team. 

39 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

So Janik finally got an interview with Nikita. Through email. Maybe Janik needed to brush his teeth or use some Scope?

All silliness aside, this is great news. Hopefully he sees the upswing occurring and that Green is a coach that will give him minutes.

• Haha 1

Glad to see Janik Beichler finally got to talk to Tryamkin (albeit via email). If for no other reason than to avoid any future articles on how the big Russian "wants nothing to do with anyone connected to the Canucks." Looking forward to reading the forthcoming article. Hopefully it has a few new nuggets as the quote from the tweet is pretty much a repeat of stuff Nikita has already said (and that wasn't really in doubt until Beichler started saying Tryamkin had an issue with Vancouver because he didn't take that initial interview).

• Haha 1

Here is the article (quotes are in bold):

When Nikita Tryamkin chose to leave the Canucks following the 2016-17 season – his first full year in Vancouver – he surprised many fans and left them with the uncertainty that he’d ever return again. A 6-foot-7, 265-pound defenceman who combines bone-crushing hits with promising skating and puck-handling skills, he quickly became a fan favourite despite playing a limited role with the team.

That limited role was part of the reason why he decided to return to Russia, to play with his hometown club Automobilist Yekaterinburg in the KHL.

“The lack of ice time is the reason I decided to leave the Canucks,” Tryamkin told Daily Hive via email. Tryamkin received just 16:44 of ice time in 66 games under former head coach Willie Desjardins.

“I was a first-pairing D-man in Yekaterinburg this season, so I was pretty happy there.”

With added responsibility and trust from Yekaterinburg’s coaching staff, the blueliner took a big step forward. He recorded nine goals and 25 points in 51 KHL games, making an impact at both ends of the ice.

Following the season, the towering blueliner suited up for Team Russia at the IIHF World Championships in Denmark.

Tryamkin though, says he still sees room for improvement.

“I think the season was good,” Tryamkin reflected. “I’d say it was a ‘B’, not an ‘A’ mark. I didn’t play very well at the end of the season, but I worked hard every day and did all my best.

“I work hard each and every day trying to get better and better in every aspect.”

Despite his focus on the season in Russia, Tryamkin didn’t forget about the club that owns his NHL rights. In fact, he kept a close eye on the Canucks throughout the year.

“I looked after the Canucks’ games all season,” Tryamkin said. “It was easy because of the time difference – 12 hours from Vancouver to Yekaterinburg. I can wake up and watch the games or highlights.

“I’m still interested how the team plays.”

This begs the question: is he eyeing a return to the NHL?

“Would I like to come back? Why not,” Tryamkin said about his future plans. “It depends on many factors.”

The most obvious factor is his contract situation. The 23-year-old still has two years remaining on a three-year deal he signed with Yekaterinburg, and without a transfer agreement between the NHL and KHL – like what exists in other European leagues – he is obliged to fulfil his contract.

That leaves the option of a return for the 2020-21 NHL season, but Tryamkin isn’t willing to jump back into the same situation that he left a year ago.

“Would I be needed by the Canucks after two years when my contract will expire?”

With the Canucks stuck in the middle of a rebuild, it’s extremely difficult to predict what the roster will look like two years down the road. However, the club has been searching for long-term solutions on the blue line for years. And with the decline of Ben Hutton, an aging Alex Edler, and Chris Tanev potentially on the trade block, Tryamkin could quickly establish himself as a top-four defenceman.

But he’s willing to give the NHL another try. It’ll be up to the Canucks to show him he’s wanted.

http://dailyhive.com/vancouver/nikita-tryamkin-return-canucks

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2