The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Here is the article (quotes are in bold):

http://dailyhive.com/vancouver/nikita-tryamkin-return-canucks

2 hours ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

I just hope they can get something for his rights before he is a free agent... Nothing against the guy and its just my opinion, but i just dont see him coming back to the Nucks and only a slim chance he even comes back to the NHL. . 

Please see above article.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

I just hope they can get something for his rights before he is a free agent... Nothing against the guy and its just my opinion, but i just dont see him coming back to the Nucks and only a slim chance he even comes back to the NHL. . 

I doubt he comes back either unless the KHL loses more teams. He has to take notice when players like Kovy jump back. Irregardless if he does not commit to returning Benning has to move him for whatever he can get. Tryamkin has to really step it up to increase his value. Either way Van can cash in.  

I would like to see Tryamkin back as I loved it when he was here. Very big strong guy as he showed when he pushed around a couple of other big NHLers and made it look like he was picking on kids.

However, Tryamkin seems to have a bit of an entitlement issue. He felt he should play more and maybe he thinks he is better than he really is...or maybe it really was just an issue between him and Dim Willie.  Although he is a millennial :ph34r: 

If he did come back I would hope he would be mature, play hard, and do what the team needs him to. We sorely need that type of big strong guy, even if he does not fight.

5 hours ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

If that's the case, he doesn't have the right attitude or commitment to be much of a NHL player anyways.

6 hours ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

40 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

If that's the case, he doesn't have the right attitude or commitment to be much of a NHL player anyways.

Wow, interesting how different people can read the same thing and draw such totally different conclusions. That's not how I interpreted that interview at all.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, WeneedLumme said:

Wow, interesting how different people can read the same thing and draw such totally different conclusions. That's not how I interpreted that interview at all.

I wasn't commenting on the interview.  I was commenting on the previous poster's remark that Try could very likely not want to return to the NHL.

10 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I wasn't commenting on the interview.  I was commenting on the previous poster's remark that Try could very likely not want to return to the NHL.

I see, you were commenting on his speculation. I guess it is true that if he doesn't want to come back to the NHL, he doesn't have the right attitude to do so, since they mean pretty much the same thing. Although I certainly didn't see anything in the interview that made me think that such is the case. As far as his commitment to be a top quality hockey player, it sounded to me like he has that commitment:

“I think the season was good,” Tryamkin reflected. “I’d say it was a ‘B’, not an ‘A’ mark. I didn’t play very well at the end of the season, but I worked hard every day and did all my best.

“I work hard each and every day trying to get better and better in every aspect.”

I understand Tryamkin. He was by far our most valuable Defenseman that year, and he only got meh minutes. I mean if he hadn’t been such a factor throughout the season, I’d get it but he isn’t entitled. He just knows his worth on our team, I can’t blame him for that. He’ll come back and be a top 4 D instantly, and there’s nothing wrong with that. 

• Upvote 2

I would really like to see Nikita back here...……....sooner than later

So, I can imagine with this info coming out, that Benning has been in contact over the years

Probably not only with Nikita, but with his agent and his club

He certainly has not closed the door

A transfer is possible, and I would think that if he is showing any signs of discontent

Benning would try and convince him of a sign and trade

I would say Washington would be a great place to land, as well as Tampa

both teams with larger Russian contingencies' of players....I believe it may be a factor

Anyways...that is getting to far ahead of myself on that.....but I could see that

I wonder what his value would be, if he signed and wanted a trade?

Because of the strength of both clubs and the position in the standings

I could see a 1st and a conditional 2nd being the price....if he was to be moved

But the value would be after he signs

Probably just a late second if traded before hand

But he sure would look good on our Defense...…….

But, if I was Benning (I could be! LOL) I would have 

all senario's covered...……….goal 1....get him back!

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, stawns said:

God forbid he should have to work his way up the ladder.  I'm no Willie fan and I would have liked to see NT get more ice, but you put your head down and work.  You don't take your ball and go home to Russia.

I will be thrilled if he comes back, but I hope he has an attitude adjustment

Yeah, his icetime comments have a bit of the stink of entitlement issues. However, I suspect some of this was just poor communication on both sides and maybe some things got lost in translation.

Tryamkin generally seems to be a fairly stand up guy, so I don’t think he expected to be gifted minutes. I think he felt the deployment and handling was unfair based on his performance versus others on the D corps that season. And he’s probably have a point there.

But you’d have hoped any concerns could have been handled internally through meetings and the coaches explaining their reasoning. It’s not like his usage was all that different from what other rookie Ds get (even some first round picks).

I just think that if the Canucks had made it clear that they had a plan for him and were working him into their future top-4, Tryamkin would have been the “good soldier” and just kept his head down and worked and let the opportunities come to him according to plan.

But something happened between the two sides, and he felt like he wasn’t being given a fair shake. Even now, when you look at his agent’s recent comments, you get the sense that Tryamkin is worried the Canucks don’t value him and won’t give him an opportunity.

Hopefully a little communication can solve these issues, because it really seems like Tryamkin wants to be in the NHL in a couple years and he wants to stay with Vancouver.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Yeah, his icetime comments have a bit of the stink of entitlement issues. However, I suspect some of this was just poor communication on both sides and maybe some things got lost in translation.

Tryamkin generally seems to be a fairly stand up guy, so I don’t think he expected to be gifted minutes. I think he felt the deployment and handling was unfair based on his performance versus others on the D corps that season. And he’s probably have a point there.

But you’d have hoped any concerns could have been handled internally through meetings and the coaches explaining their reasoning. It’s not like his usage was all that different from what other rookie Ds get (even some first round picks).

I just think that if the Canucks had made it clear that they had a plan for him and were working him into their future top-4, Tryamkin would have been the “good soldier” and just kept his head down and worked and let the opportunities come to him according to plan.

But something happened between the two sides, and he felt like he wasn’t being given a fair shake. Even now, when you look at his agent’s recent comments, you get the sense that Tryamkin is worried the Canucks don’t value him and won’t give him an opportunity.

Hopefully a little communication can solve these issues, because it really seems like Tryamkin wants to be in the NHL in a couple years and he wants to stay with Vancouver.

I think you are bang on, on these comments

I just think Willie's personality and Nikita's did not mesh, nor did Willie's demands

I would also think, that Benning may have made an offer, that was below Nikita's expectations.....

He is Russian and not Canadian..his  thoughts and values may be different, and one does not know

how he felt towards any sit downs with management

I mean......who flippin knows?

27 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I think he (and his wife) felt WAY more comfortable at home and he figured if he was going to get 'meh' usage here anyway, why not head home. 

Communication probably could have been a bit better (both him and the team) but I really don't think it's any more complicated than that and has little to do with entitlement etc as or WD 'permanently ruining the teams relationship with him' as the two more extreme and paranoid sides on here would perhaps lead one to believe.

More

Nikita Tryamkin via email: "I looked after the #Canucks all season. It was easy because of the time difference – 12 hours from Vancouver to Yekaterinburg. I wake up and watch the games, highlights. I’m still interested how the team plays. Would I like to come back? Why not!"

35 replies104 retweets474 likes

Retweet

• Wat 1