The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

I understand that he had a positive long term effect on the Canucks dressing room...but really?

HE did all those things?

Not the coaches, not each players personal drive, but Mats Sundin. He is the greatest talent developer of all time!

Aha..

He defn had a positive influence and a positive impact on our club but he defn didnt do all those things

What would his status be with Utica?or is he still obligated to Automobilist for this season? Or do these seasons overlap at all?

Good question. From the look of their schedule http://en.khl.ru/calendar/ the KHL plays from late August to early February. It looks like his team squeaked into the playoffs and were bounced in the first round. If the same plays out this year, it looks like he could get some time with Utica at the end of the season.

Edited by canuckledraggin
  • Upvote 2

Good question. From the look of their schedule http://en.khl.ru/calendar/ the KHL plays from late August to early February. It looks like his team squeaked into the playoffs and were bounced in the first round. If the same plays out this year, it looks like he could get some time with Utica at the end of the season.

This can happen only if the KHL team agrees to void his contract otherwise we would have to wait until a the KHL free agency period.

Another option would have been a transfer of contracts by paying a fee but no transfer deal exists between the KHL and NHL.

Also if the team misses the playoffs then they would be the favourite to win the cup of hope. which is a tournament between the bottom teams where the winner gets the first overall pick so his season could be extended quite abit.

Edited by hockeyking
  • Upvote 1

Also if the team misses the playoffs then they would be the favourite to win the cup of hope. which is a tournament between the bottom teams where the winner gets the first overall pick so his season could be extended quite abit.

I did not know this, but after looking it up, it looks correct. Interesting concept, because if your team really tanks, you won't get the first overall pick. I like it, and it makes sense.

Just think, we could have actually had Buffalo vs Edmonton game for the McDavid sweepstakes! Or maybe even Toronto vs Arizona.

• Upvote 1

I did not know this, but after looking it up, it looks correct. Interesting concept, because if your team really tanks, you won't get the first overall pick. I like it, and it makes sense.

Just think, we could have actually had Buffalo vs Edmonton game for the McDavid sweepstakes! Or maybe even Toronto vs Arizona.

Boston or LA would have been the winner and got McDavid :picard:

Boston or LA would have been the winner and got McDavid :picard:

I definitely think that if this concept were introduced in the NHL, it would be restricted to teams in the 24-30 positions in terms of league standings (not conference), which would have seen Philly, New Jersey, Carolina, Toronto, Edmonton, Arizona and Buffalo compete.

Seeing a round robin to determine seeding + elimination type tournament take place at the same time as the playoffs (ie games for that tournament played on NHL playoff off days) would have been a big boon to the NHL for ratings and viewership as a lot of people lose interest in watching hockey if their team has nothing to play for.

In fact, I think I much prefer that approach than a ridiculous lottery that can be very easily rigged.

Edited by shadowgoon

• 3 weeks later...
NIKITA TRYAMKIN NOT THINKING ABOUT JUMP TO THE NHL

...According to a report from Russian media outlet R-Sport, Nikita Tryamkin is not only looking forward to continuing his career with Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg this season, but is open to committing beyond his current contract.

"Next season, I want to be the top defenceman on my team and gain trust from my coaching staff," Tryamkin told reporters "As for NHL, I'm not planning on going there right now, I'm not planning so far ahead. If I'm going to get an offer from Avtomobilist during the season, I'll consider it"

I wasn't surprised that he wouldn't come over early, but it might be a surprise that he'd consider extending his contract if they offered. That might mean for the right money versus what he'd earn here in the AHL, or that he's just not closing that door, but we'll have to see what happens.

NIKITA TRYAMKIN NOT THINKING ABOUT JUMP TO THE NHL

I wasn't surprised that he wouldn't come over early, but it might be a surprise that he'd consider extending his contract if they offered. That might mean for the right money versus what he'd earn here in the AHL, or that he's just not closing that door, but we'll have to see what happens.

He didn't seem like a guy interested in playing in the AHL.

Hopefully he can make the jump straight from the KHL to the NHL.

I always thought it was a shame the Kyrill Koltsov never came to the Canucks. He definitely had elite talent. If I was him I would have taken the millions per year in the KHL to the AHL salary.

Trymankin is a totally different defenseman, but again if the Canucks insist on AHL time why would he come over. Shirokov came over at a big dollar loss. He played well and deserved a shot at the NHL. I still remember Vigneaults facial expression when he scored a beautiful goal. He sat on the bench next game and then was sent back to the AHL. He sure is doing well in the KHL now and making big dollars.

We need Trymankin big time. I think a one way deal will get him here. A two way deal not so much. We need him as much as he wants to play in the NHL.

Edited by pomorick