The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

19 hours ago, Pete M said:

If I had a player with his size and talent and played the way he did...and he wanted to play more...I would play him more and then change his skate blades for him once they wore out. 

Except most people saw his stamina was on the limit at 16 mins.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, vannuck59 said:

Yes but would he sign here ? I'm guessing NO!

He hasn't changed his Instagram at all in which he still posts regularly (a boxing match most recently)

I'm sure he knows he could make way more money here. Money talks and...

nikita_tryamkin  88????????   nikita_tryamkin88  • Instagram photos and videos (2).jpg

• Upvote 1

seems to me the canucks talk a lot about culture

who was/were the best conditioned athletes on the team?

our best players, the sedins, they were the standard

tryamkin fell very very short of the standard

and his fitness needed to be dealt with

he signed a professional contract

and so behaviour of a pro was reasonably expected (that he show up in nhl shape)

so people feel he should have simply just started

because of his attributes - size and some toughness ?

how do you think the rest of the team who got into proper pro shape

would feel about that decision?

what would that do to the team's fitness culture?

and who will be the most fit canuck in training camp this season?

my intuition says brock boeser

but hoping it is goldobin or hutton

Edited by coastal.view
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, alfstonker said:

I see you are in "talking rubbish" mode already. Doesn't the stupid side of your brain have an off season?

Sorry, don't let me get in the way of the argument you two are having, but I wasted to acknowledge the bolded above as one of the best lines I have read on CDC in quite some time.   If you have not applied for a copyright, I would love to borrow it sometime.   :)

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, NHL'er said:

Big ego or small brain. Not a great choice really haha 

And he's an intelligent person as well, so I wouldn't say either. Of course, it takes more than that to have the skillset to be an excellent NHL coach, but no sense speaking out of school about him at this point.

1 minute ago, elvis15 said:

And he's an intelligent person as well, so I wouldn't say either. Of course, it takes more than that to have the skillset to be an excellent NHL coach, but no sense speaking out of school about him at this point.

Tryamkin could make an excellent NHL coach?  :o

3 hours ago, coastal.view said:

and so behaviour of a pro was reasonably expected (that he show up in nhl shape)

So big bad Philip Larsen deserved all that ice time ahead of Tryamkin? Ask the Ducks?Because he looked better on the treadmill or could skate around a bit? Tryamkin showed what he could do once he got the chance. He knew he could help the team more than Larsen wasn't at the time. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

So big bad Philip Larsen deserved all that ice time ahead of Tryamkin? Ask the Ducks?Because he looked better on the treadmill or could skate around a bit? Tryamkin showed what he could do once he got the chance. He knew he could help the team more than Larsen wasn't at the time. 

if you do not think

creating standards within a team culture

is important

then i cannot say much more about this issue

this is not about comparing skills

this is about minimum team expectations and standards

tryamkin failed to meet them

but you wish to excuse him because of larsen?

you also seem  to ignore his primary reason for leaving

was likely his wife's unhappiness

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, coastal.view said:

this is so much smoke.

If the Sedins were the best conditioned atheletes why were they also the slowest, injury prone and - players?

Under Willie larger players were measured using the same stick as smaller players.

Tryamkin and Sestito bring different elements than the Sedins, Running up the Grouse  Grind was not their forte, they were treated poorly by Willie and Jim.

I don't recall the Sedins sticking up for their teammates.

What does it say about team culture when the coach cannot see the value of players differences?

• Wat 4
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, lmm said:

this is so much smoke.

If the Sedins were the best conditioned atheletes why were they also the slowest, injury prone and - players?

Under Willie larger players were measured using the same stick as smaller players.

Tryamkin and Sestito bring different elements than the Sedins, Running up the Grouse  Grind was not their forte, they were treated poorly by Willie and Jim.

I don't recall the Sedins sticking up for their teammates.

What does it say about team culture when the coach cannot see the value of players differences?

the training staff

does the fitness condition testing

not willie .. or any coach

you are not seeing clearly

you are looking for excuses for tryamkin

rather then requiring him to be a responsible pro

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, stawns said:

Ego?  I didn't like Willie, but who is not a word I would use to describe any part of him.  He always struck me as quite humble and grounded.

So if I phrased it, “Desjardins stuck to HIS guns”.. ?

I guess it sounds better.. but the fact of the matter is his lack of flexibility with players for growth, or in deployment, whether it was the offensive or defensive part of the game was ridged at best.

A power play that does not create enough chances, time in and out, is redundant,.. and that being your biggest offensive opportunity, you work on it in variations until you find the right chemistry to give you an opportunity.   Desjardins WAS given that lean-way from Managment. Managment wanted to see growth.

ALL injuries aside, whatever personnel was available was likely looking for an opportunity to shine.. DEPLOYMENT was not there, and a major opportunity for others to grow and learn was lost.  

Willie, stuck to his guns...  why?  ... because HE new best.  That is a man thinking inside the box,. Not looking in the mirror,. Headstrong.  That is Ego.

They say even serial killers can be charismatic, humble, and charming.

Dont be fooled.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

So if I phrased it, “Desjardins stuck to HIS guns”.. ?

I guess it sounds better.. but the fact of the matter is his lack of flexibility with players for growth, or in deployment, whether it was the offensive or defensive part of the game was ridged at best.

A power play that does not create enough chances, time in and out, is redundant,.. and that being your biggest offensive opportunity, you work on it in variations until you find the right chemistry to give you an opportunity.   Desjardins WAS given that lean-way from Managment. Managment wanted to see growth.

ALL injuries aside, whatever personnel was available was likely looking for an opportunity to shine.. DEPLOYMENT was not there, and a major opportunity for others to grow and learn was lost.  

Willie, stuck to his guns...  why?  ... because HE new best.  That is a man thinking inside the box,. Not looking in the mirror,. Headstrong.  That is Ego.

They say even serial killers can be charismatic, humble, and charming.

Dont be fooled.

Wow dude...lay off the ganja!!

• Cheers 1

I can't wait for Nikita Tyramkin to return to the Canucks and dominate. I love how he can physically win battles. He also has a good shot and can drive the net. He will be a force when he returns. With Hughes, Juolevi, Woo, Rathbone, and Tyramkin will have an elite defensive core for the next decade!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Tryamkin might’ve been out of shape in training camp but he got into shape as the season got underway.  

Most of his highlight reels are from third periods, I found that he got stronger as the game went along. Could have to do with the fact that the coach only played him sparingly in the ends of games.