The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

33 minutes ago, kenhodgejr said:

I can't wait for Nikita Tyramkin to return to the Canucks and dominate. I love how he can physically win battles. He also has a good shot and can drive the net. He will be a force when he returns. With Hughes, Juolevi, Woo, Rathbone, and Tyramkin will have an elite defensive core for the next decade!!

Tryamkin can create a different environment when he is on the ice...not many NHLers can do that...usually only the super stars or the Chara's of the game can only do that.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Pete M said:

Tryamkin can create a different environment when he is on the ice...not many NHLers can do that...usually only the super stars or the Chara's of the game can only do that.

Nikita isn't nor will be Chara.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, SilentSam said:

So if I phrased it, “Desjardins stuck to HIS guns”.. ?

I guess it sounds better.. but the fact of the matter is his lack of flexibility with players for growth, or in deployment, whether it was the offensive or defensive part of the game was ridged at best.

A power play that does not create enough chances, time in and out, is redundant,.. and that being your biggest offensive opportunity, you work on it in variations until you find the right chemistry to give you an opportunity.   Desjardins WAS given that lean-way from Managment. Managment wanted to see growth.

ALL injuries aside, whatever personnel was available was likely looking for an opportunity to shine.. DEPLOYMENT was not there, and a major opportunity for others to grow and learn was lost.  

Willie, stuck to his guns...  why?  ... because HE new best.  That is a man thinking inside the box,. Not looking in the mirror,. Headstrong.  That is Ego.

They say even serial killers can be charismatic, humble, and charming.

Dont be fooled.

Way to jump that shark Fonz

C85DC6B1-7016-42AF-A922-412260A37651.gif

• Wat 1

2 hours ago, Pete M said:

Tryamkin's return would put the finishing touch on, what should be, a revamped blueline.

The timing would also be perfect as it would be right about when they're ready to start seeing playoff action again.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, samurai said:

Nik is now 23yrs?..  he looked a hell of a lot better than Chara did at 22 yrs.

Chara was still skating like Bambi at that age, I used to watch ZC play for Prince George in the Dub for the Cougars.  Trust me, Tryamkin has a higher ceiling.

not taking anything away from Chara, the man is a war horse.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, lmm said:

this is so much smoke.

If the Sedins were the best conditioned atheletes why were they also the slowest, injury prone and - players?

Under Willie larger players were measured using the same stick as smaller players.

Tryamkin and Sestito bring different elements than the Sedins, Running up the Grouse  Grind was not their forte, they were treated poorly by Willie and Jim.

I don't recall the Sedins sticking up for their teammates.

What does it say about team culture when the coach cannot see the value of players differences?

Like when Tryamkin stood up for Shore..where are the vets when our guys get run, our vets always turned the other cheek seems like most times

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Pete M said:

I watched a few of his KHL games and what your saying is very much true on our smaller ice. Teams are forced to go his way more than they want to..ask Jamie Benn. Tryamkin has to skate more in the KHL because there's more room,  he closes in on guys faster here than there. Can't wait to see him back.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, samurai said:

Nikita can create a different environment when he is on the ice...players know when he is on the ice and they seem to behave differently in regards to his (Tryamkin's) team mates...

Chara creates a different environment in his own way just like McDavid, Crosby, Malkin, and Ove do in their own ways...they are noticeable in different ways and they all create a different feel when they are on the ice...Nikita does it in his own way. Hope he comes back soon because he will make this team better.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Henrik Sedin missed 30 total games over an 18 year career....that is less than 2 games per year.   His iron man streak remains within the top ten in league history.      

Not sure how you ended up with this coming into the thread on a player who bolted to Russia but if you going to call any player on the Canucks injury prone, you could no have picked the worst example as you chose a historic (top 10 ALL TIME) performer in terms of never being injured (or more accurately, because he was sooo well conditioned, he could play through nicks better than most....in fact better than almost anyone).

Not often you can use the ‘top ten of all time’ satement to refute a noob.  Feels good to really make a smack down connect like that. Well done, sir, well done. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, samurai said:

Look very closely at Chara’s early years. I have no idea why WD made Trymakin watch Pronger tapes, he should have made him watch Big Bird or Chara tapes. 

At the same age Tryamkin is equally big, a much better skater and he does possess some offensive abilities so he could become a Chara like player.  Chara also didn’t come into his own until he was into he late twenties. Lots of time for big Nitka.  

What makes Chara the player he is is a combo of size and commitment.  Obviously Trymakin has one in spades, but with his bolting to Russia, the commitment issue is very much in question.  

Get him to commit to an NHL career, and he could be as good as Chara. Something no one really thought Chara would be at the same age. 

• Upvote 2

I would not be disappointed if we never hear from the big Russian again.  I know he had his reasons for leaving but I can't help but wonder if he will ever want back.  If he came back and all of a sudden decided to go home again.  I am short on trust when it come to NT.

• Wat 1

1 hour ago, Pete M said:

Nikita can create a different environment when he is on the ice...players know when he is on the ice and they seem to behave differently in regards to his (Tryamkin's) team mates...

Chara creates a different environment in his own way just like McDavid, Crosby, Malkin, and Ove do in their own ways...they are noticeable in different ways and they all create a different feel when they are on the ice...Nikita does it in his own way. Hope he comes back soon because he will make this team better.

Nik doing push ups during the game,.  

IMG_0347.thumb.JPG.d61905abdcb135a1162f115a72ae18b4.JPG

• Haha 4

Just now, Hairy Kneel said:

Didn't he break someone just leaning on them like that....like out for a whole whack of games.

Yes, x Canuck Richardson, broke his leg I beleive..    I just re-visited those Tryamkin/ Benn hi-lights Hairy,.  Nik is going to be a powerful man.  I look forward to seeing him back, it can’t be soon enough.

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

Yes, x Canuck Richardson, broke his leg I beleive..    I just re-visited those Tryamkin/ Benn hi-lights Hairy,.  Nik is going to be a powerful man.  I look forward to seeing him back, it can’t be soon enough.

I know at that age too, when it takes a little longer for D, him and Hughes 

Danger!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lmm said:

this is so much smoke.

If the Sedins were the best conditioned atheletes why were they also the slowest, injury prone and - players?

Under Willie larger players were measured using the same stick as smaller players.

Tryamkin and Sestito bring different elements than the Sedins, Running up the Grouse  Grind was not their forte, they were treated poorly by Willie and Jim.

I don't recall the Sedins sticking up for their teammates.

What does it say about team culture when the coach cannot see the value of players differences?

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/1856851-ranking-the-10-most-durable-players-in-the-nhl.amp.html

Why don't you check number one.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, WonderTwinPowers said:

The Sedins were injury prone? Like Henrik Sedin? the guy who damn near lead the league in a very impressive iron man streak?...

https://www.nhl.com/news/henrik-sedin-canucks-injuries/c-280283054

So I could retract the injury prone statement but it seems he was.

Sure he didn't miss many games but he played injured, and he did not play well.

There was a time when Hank was a legit Iron man, but not late in his career. 

He was a broken down player suiting up because the team was bad.

I know many of you will cheer his tenacity but his effectiveness was lost due to age and injury, regardless of whether he did not miss games.

• Wat 1