The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

Boston or LA would have been the winner and got McDavid :picard:

I would rather Boston or L.a win McDavid than pay money to watch teams try to lose. And any one thinking L.A is on the upward path,,,, They absolutely hate their coach and refuse to play for him. Unless he is fired can t see improvement.

NIKITA TRYAMKIN NOT THINKING ABOUT JUMP TO THE NHL

I wasn't surprised that he wouldn't come over early, but it might be a surprise that he'd consider extending his contract if they offered. That might mean for the right money versus what he'd earn here in the AHL, or that he's just not closing that door, but we'll have to see what happens.

I saw this on twitter earlier. How's his English? Is this a case of hanging on to life in Mother Russia and Mom's home cooking or is the money too good in the KHL?

Makes sense, why only make 100k on forign ground when you can make millions at home

Pretty much. From this guys comments about being the "next big Russian in Vancouver" I would say he's pretty confident about making the NHL.

He apparently has no interest in anything less than jumping into the NHL and making a name for himself. Whether that actually happens or not remains to be seen. Gotta like the confidence though.

Yeah, forget about Bure, Mogilny, and Larionov when we got a guy who's never seen an NHL game yet.

I saw Gretzky, Lafleur, Lemieux, Perrault, and many more great players live. Bure was the single most exciting player I ever saw. Perrault was a close second.

• Upvote 2

Makes sense, why only make 100k on forign ground when you can make millions at home

Is he making millions though? I somehow doubt he's a super star even in the KHL and guys who aren't super stars don't tend to rake in the dough over there. Particularly given their recent economy issues. He might be making a decent salary (roughly on par with/slightly more than he would in the AHL) and understandably have the comforts of home nearby but otherwise...

Anyone know where to find KHL salaries...? I'm curious what he's making there.

I highly doubt he's making millions at this point. but if he steps up big this year and gets an extension for good money, I wouldn't blame him for taking it at all. I still think his ultimate goal is the NHL, but he's being realistic with his development and with his finances.

I highly doubt he's making millions at this point. but if he steps up big this year and gets an extension for good money, I wouldn't blame him for taking it at all. I still think his ultimate goal is the NHL, but he's being realistic with his development and with his finances.

I still doubt he's making enough money, even on a new contract, to make any grand difference to here vs there but it's all conjecture without some actual numbers.

My guess is the money isn't the issue. But again...numbers...

Could be the difference between NA and the KHL will be currency. The ruble has dropped significantly and the US$ is riding a nice high and likely to go up assuming the interest rates being put into play this September. All NMHL players are paid in US$, I'm not sure about the AHL

From what I've read it sounds like they're developing him properly over there. Making him earn his ice time, and being patient with him. He should get a bigger role for Automobilist next season too.

I'd rather him be developed in a place that he's comfortable, rather than forcing him over here, having him have to deal with the language barrier and getting accustomed to a new country.

Hopefully in the next couple years he can keep learning English, work on becoming a more complete player, and the result will be a player that's much more ready to jump into the NHL and make an impact.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Upvote 2

From what I've read it sounds like they're developing him properly over there. Making him earn his ice time, and being patient with him. He should get a bigger role for Automobilist next season too.

I'd rather him be developed in a place that he's comfortable, rather than forcing him over here, having him have to deal with the language barrier and getting accustomed to a new country.

Hopefully in the next couple years he can keep learning English, work on becoming a more complete player, and the result will be a player that's much more ready to jump into the NHL and make an impact.

Zhukenov and Pedan will be able to help him learn English next season in Utica (or Vancouver :ph34r:). He should be fine.

Edited by thejazz97

Are you guys even watching him play? He isn't very good and him making the NHL is a long shot. He is average defensively in the KHL level and has nothing on offense. Saying that, I hope he develops and become awesome..But he isn't even close atm

• Upvote 2

Are you guys even watching him play? He isn't very good and him making the NHL is a long shot. He is average defensively in the KHL level and has nothing on offense. Saying that, I hope he develops and become awesome..But he isn't even close atm

Not saying he's going to turn in to Chara but Chara wasn't much to write home about well in to his mid 20's either.

It takes a while to get bodies that big accustomed to playing at the NHL level.

Now there's no guarantee he'll be the next Chara but if he works hard, who knows...

It's certainly far from the point of writing him off. He's got another 5-6 years before we even start down that road IMO.

Not saying he's going to turn in to Chara but Chara wasn't much to write home about well in to his mid 20's either.

It takes a while to get bodies that big accustomed to playing at the NHL level.

Now there's no guarantee he'll be the next Chara but if he works hard, who knows...

It's certainly far from the point of writing him off. He's got another 5-6 years before we even start down that road IMO.

Yeah I'm not writing him off. I want him to be good. But it seemed like people are expecting alot more than what he is capable of at this time. The good thing with him is his size, guy is huge. Getting a contract ext is a little odd though... maybe he wants to stay in the KHL...? Hope not... Man we need some more Dman prospects....

Yeah I'm not writing him off. I want him to be good. But it seemed like people are expecting alot more than what he is capable of at this time. The good thing with him is his size, guy is huge. Getting a contract ext is a little odd though... maybe he wants to stay in the KHL...? Hope not... Man we need some more Dman prospects....

Well in fairness, he could probably stay in Russia the next ~4 years and it wouldn't make much/any difference to the Canucks or his development. So him signing a KHL extension after this year for another year or two really wouldn't be the end of the world.

As I said in my above post, he's likely not an NHL caliber D until he's ~25+ and likely wouldn't be a big player even in Utica until he's 22-23 (AKA 2-3 years from now) short of him taking some astounding developmental leap.

Edited by J.R.

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to Nikita Tryamkin | #88 | D
  • -SN- locked this topic
  • -SN- unlocked this topic