The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

21 minutes ago, Whorvat said:

Sometimes I wonder if Alfstonker is WD himself

Pretty sure his posts would be more knowledgeable if he was WD. I can't believe that Willie would post the ignorant, obnoxious, fabricated nonsense that Stonker has posted in this thread.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

Pretty sure his posts would be more knowledgeable if he was WD. I can't believe that Willie would post the ignorant, obnoxious, fabricated nonsense that Stonker has posted in this thread.

Don't strain your single brain cell. You haven't the intellect to keep up.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Zepp,  after everything that has been said or done here..

tell me you aren’t happier to have the rights to a young Hockey Player with the potential that Tryamkin brings, over a Coach who was seemingly spinning his wheels. ?

its all history now,.  and I personally look forward to the future this Team has, with a player like Tryamkin on it, than not.

260 - 6’8” with wheels, than can throw a Benn, Jenner, or Brower like a rag doll.. a bit of a gamble, but really a great pick for JB at that point in the draft.

I have said many times I was not keen on WD as the Canucks coach.   I just don't see how you are linking the issues.    I don't view Tryamkin not being in Vancouver having anything to do with WD IF he is a player you want on a team.    I did and still do like the concept of him as a player - always have - as long as he doesn't have an attitude that would mean quitting if he doesn't like the coaching.   No team needs a player like that.

I don't understand how you can relate the two issues or not understand how having a player that would quit for the reasons you are implying is not a player you would want.

21 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I have said many times I was not keen on WD as the Canucks coach.   I just don't see how you are linking the issues.    I don't view Tryamkin not being in Vancouver having anything to do with WD IF he is a player you want on a team.    I did and still do like the concept of him as a player - always have - as long as he doesn't have an attitude that would mean quitting if he doesn't like the coaching.   No team needs a player like that.

I don't understand how you can relate the two issues or not understand how having a player that would quit for the reasons you are implying is not a player you would want.

By all accounts Virtanen has a terrible attitude.  As long as he gets results (IMO Tryamkin was getting better results than Virtanen) I don't care if he's a nice guy or not.  It was in his contract that he could leave, so he did.  I think he'll be back and dominate. 

25 minutes ago, CanadianRugby said:

By all accounts Virtanen has a terrible attitude.  As long as he gets results (IMO Tryamkin was getting better results than Virtanen) I don't care if he's a nice guy or not.  It was in his contract that he could leave, so he did.  I think he'll be back and dominate. 

Please cite the "all accounts".   I have met a number of people who have worked with Virtanen who say the exact opposite including one of his former coaches in Calgary.   If you are going to say that about him, please provide where you are getting it.

Back to Tryamkin, this has nothing to do with being a "nice guy" - another poster claims he left because he felt hard done by from the coach.   If that is true, I don't think the Canucks should want anything to do with that - any player as a rookie who thinks they can dictate playing conditions, ice-time etc. is not a player that you want.   IF he left due to family reasons, homesick etc. etc.....I have no problem with that as it is his life.   It is only his "hockey player" part that ultimately matters and IF that part of him quits if it gets tough, why would you want him back?    People that quit when things get hard certainly don't "dominate".   

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

No, I'm saying that the reason he stated (coach and lack of ice time) is the main reason he left.  His body language throughout the season reinforces that.

He felt he deserved more ice time and when he got his window to head home, he took it.  If that's still his attitude, he can stay in the KHL wasteland.  If he wants to change his attitude, work hard and play with and against the best players in the world, the org will welcome him back.

If he thinks WD was a hardass, wait until he meets TG.

/thread.   This is perfect.

6 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Please cite the "all accounts".   I have met a number of people who have worked with Virtanen who say the exact opposite including one of his former coaches in Calgary.   If you are going to say that about him, please provide where you are getting it.

Back to Tryamkin, this has nothing to do with being a "nice guy" - another poster claims he left because he felt hard done by from the coach.   If that is true, I don't think the Canucks should want anything to do with that - any player as a rookie who thinks they can dictate playing conditions, ice-time etc. is not a player that you want.   IF he left due to family reasons, homesick etc. etc.....I have no problem with that as it is his life.   It is only his "hockey player" part that ultimately matters and IF that part of him quits if it gets tough, why would you want him back?    People that quit when things get hard certainly don't "dominate".   

From what I've read and heard it's mostly thst he was homesick.. 

WD didn't help but Tram was a young kid in a foreign country and wanted to return home.  He probably made more money in Russia too. Nothing wrong with that and it's not even remotely close to quitting.  

Tavares signed with the Leafs. He didn't quit. He just changed teams. Same with Tram. He went home.  He didn't quit hockey.  

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

WD didn't help but Tram was a young kid in a foreign country and wanted to return home.  He probably made more money in Russia too. Nothing wrong with that and it's not even remotely close to quitting.  

Tavares signed with the Leafs. He didn't quit. He just changed teams. Same with Tram. He went home.  He didn't quit hockey.  

Like I said, if that was main reason all good.    Tavares EARNED the right to make that choice and a bit of an apples and oranges but he also didn't leave due to a coaching thing or concern he wasn't getting enough ice time etc etc.   Tryamkin returned to Russia for family reasons - good on him and wish him best of luck and if he tries NHL again, I hope it works out for him but not many can got to KHL that long and successfully come back.    Tryamkin returned to Russia due to being a rookie who thought he knew better than his coach?....not sure any teams wants a guy like that.

7 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

People usually have to get out of their comfort zone to be the best that they can be.  Usually a professional athlete's main goal is to participate at the highest level in their sport. 

12 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

In the interview done in Russia after he left he said it was due to ice time.  

19 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I also have met a number of people, well one person, that's worked with him and said he has a bad attitude and is an all around jerk.  Take that for what it's worth.

Daniel Sedin & the coach calling him lazy:

He was among a group of players Daniel Sedin recently, and uncharacteristically, called out publicly for, essentially, not trying often enough.

He had his minutes choked by his head coach for “mistakes,” which may have been on the ice, off of it or both.

https://nationalpost.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks-giving-suspended-jake-virtanen-some-tough-love

Benning questioning his habits:

“The problem with Jake is he’s never had any adversity in his career,”

“He’s always been able to sail along on his talent.  This is a wake-up call. He’s learning how to be a pro and that’s in the weight room, his nutrition and his workouts. With him it’s about his habits, his day-to-day habits. He’s taking ownership of that.”

If the coach, GM and the Sedins of all people are calling you out, there's probably something there.  He's young and can change, maybe he already has.  Though the only reason people are denying there are issues with Virtanen is because he's a Canuck.  With his size/speed/shot/physicality he should be doing better than he has. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, gurn said:

"power forwards" take longer, 

Doesn't sound like a bad attitude. Bad attitude would be blaming the coach.

LOL I KNEW you'd quote the 2% that doesn't make him look bad as if that proves something.  

Coach called him out

GM called him out

Sedins called him out

Gurn says no problems

3 minutes ago, CanadianRugby said:

In the interview done in Russia after he left he said it was due to ice time.  

I also have met a number of people, well one person, that's worked with him and said he has a bad attitude and is an all around jerk.  Take that for what it's worth.

Daniel Sedin & the coach calling him lazy:

He was among a group of players Daniel Sedin recently, and uncharacteristically, called out publicly for, essentially, not trying often enough.

He had his minutes choked by his head coach for “mistakes,” which may have been on the ice, off of it or both.

https://nationalpost.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks-giving-suspended-jake-virtanen-some-tough-love

Benning questioning his habits:

“The problem with Jake is he’s never had any adversity in his career,”

“He’s always been able to sail along on his talent.  This is a wake-up call. He’s learning how to be a pro and that’s in the weight room, his nutrition and his workouts. With him it’s about his habits, his day-to-day habits. He’s taking ownership of that.”

If the coach, GM and the Sedins of all people are calling you out, there's probably something there.  He's young and can change, maybe he already has.  Though the only reason people are denying there are issues with Virtanen is because he's a Canuck.  With his size/speed/shot/physicality he should be doing better than he has. 

You know a guy.....well, that settles it.

The other stuff you post is fine....he responded and that is what young guys are expected to do.   He didn't quit.   He didn't give up.   He put his head down, when to AHL and is now on verge of blossoming as a key power forward in the NHL....and perhaps its fastest.    

Tell me how that is the same as what Tryamkin did?

• Upvote 1