The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

16 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Your Love for Desjardins is astounding and noted.

I could care less about someone (Desjardins) who has no ties to this organization anymore, and his tenure here only got worse,  a negative.

We still have the rights to Tryamkin, that, in its possibilities, is positive.. but I’m sure you, in all your infinite wisdom, will keep trying to spin that.

You and Zepp feel he is a bad apple, or is egocentrically privledged.. don’t want him, but do want him.

Why not concentrate on the positive that exists, than the negative that does not exist anymore.

Willie who?

You don't want us to blame Tryamkin for anything because he might return but it's cool to go overboard on a coach we fired because he isn't coming back? That's some weird logic. By all means, if that helps you sleep at night, go ahead, but no need to carry on that narrative here when we've all said Desjardins wasn't the worst coach ever but he wasn't getting it done here so it's fine he's gone.

It's also fine Tryamkin's gone if he left even after his ice time was building throughout the season and the coach he apparently wasn't liking was fired to make room for a new one. When he's ready to try again he'll be better for it, but he wasn't ready to stay his first go round.

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
44 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Tryamkin going back to the KHL for the 3 years in his current contract is a huge negative in my mind. KHL hockey is no where close to the NHL and his development will take a big hit. His biggest challenge was his d-zone play IMHO. The longer he spends in the KHL the higher the odds he will not be a NHL player of consequence. 

agree , Tryamkin  made up his mind and its his loss. Benning will have to learn how to read the tea leaves. The more I see of Benning the more I believe he is a weak GM. Trade this Kids rights to Washington or Tampa I guarantee that he would have been fine playing 17 minutes with those teams  Get a center prospect or draft pick in return. Move on . 

Edited by vannuck59
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 2
1 minute ago, Wanless said:

Don’t get caught up with impatience 

Is that was that was?   It seemed like an odd thing to say in the middle of a discussion....super random and without any indication where that came from.   

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

:blink:  Uh, what?!

Good at Drafting ( with help ) but unable to manage the team and make hard decisions. Unable to make the big trade , Paralyzed with the fear of doing or not doing. ( making moves)Trading picks for project players  just a few . Scouting yes, managing no . A good Gm would have seen Tryamkin  fiasco coming a mile away and would have headed it off.

• Wat 6
7 minutes ago, vannuck59 said:

Good at Drafting ( with help ) but unable to manage the team and make hard decisions. Unable to make the big trade , Paralyzed with the fear of doing or not doing. ( making moves)Trading picks for project players  just a few . Scouting yes, managing no . A good Gm would have seen Tryamkin  fiasco coming a mile away and would have headed it off.

Uh, what big trade didn't he make you were sure was there and he was "afraid of"??    A good GM would know a kid would run home when things got tough before drafting him in the third round?    

Wow, you have impressive insights AND expectations of your GM.    Will be very interested to know what trade(s) he was "scared" of making and how he should have done more homework on Tryamkin's state of mind before drafting him.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
6 hours ago, alfstonker said:

For someone who couldn't care less, your mentioning of WD goes on.....and on.......and on......and on........You are frankly beginning to embarrass yourself with it now. 

I have never said Tryamkin was a "bad apple" (as for Robb how many times does he have to deny it?) Jeez what is it with you zealots that you have to mis-quote anyone who is not filled with your Kool-aid as having a down on him. 

"Like you Rob, I would love to see a fit and motivated Tryamkin back in a Canucks jersey but somehow I don't see it."

WTF does that say I think he is a bad apple. If I thought that I wouldn't want him back. You know me well enough to know that's true. If I didn't like a player I wouldn't want him here.

I'm not keen on his maturity level, I'm not keen on his apparent self entitlement, I'm not very keen on his apparent refusal to follow coach's instructions - BUT that doesn't make him a "bad apple" 

As for "positives" and this is where you need to calm down, there are NO positives as long as he is over there and not in a Canuck jersey.

Seems EVERYBODY embarrasses themselves on here but you.   Egomania is a sickness Alfy boy.    

You refer to yourself about a dozen times, almost more than the topic itself.    ...and I’m embarrassing myself? :) 

.... and I should “calm down” because there are no positives in this situation?  That must stem from your Desjardins “butt hurt”,. as you put it.

I look for positives in situations Alf..    it’s unfortunate you have to deal with what your (in your own words) “not keen” on.

Hows that wet paper bag,.   You out of it yet?  No?..  well, when it dries out you can wear it.

Ps.   The positive IS,. that Desjardins was fired,. Another great move by JB.. 

Dig deep Alfy,  I’m sure you can find something in my history here to try and embarrass me with :) 

..or perhaps I’m not worth your time any more.

Please, take the lead..   

Here I remain,

Calm.    Sincerely,  Sam.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, elvis15 said:

You don't want us to blame Tryamkin for anything because he might return but it's cool to go overboard on a coach we fired because he isn't coming back? That's some weird logic. By all means, if that helps you sleep at night, go ahead, but no need to carry on that narrative here when we've all said Desjardins wasn't the worst coach ever but he wasn't getting it done here so it's fine he's gone.

It's also fine Tryamkin's gone if he left even after his ice time was building throughout the season and the coach he apparently wasn't liking was fired to make room for a new one. When he's ready to try again he'll be better for it, but he wasn't ready to stay his first go round.

I never liked Desjardins from the get go Elvis.  Even before he was hired by the Canucks, I can only remember him as the Angry, Screaming Man, behind the bench of 16-20 year old boys in Junior all those years.   Never liked him.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Tryamkin going back to the KHL for the 3 years in his current contract is a huge negative in my mind. KHL hockey is no where close to the NHL and his development will take a big hit. His biggest challenge was his d-zone play IMHO. The longer he spends in the KHL the higher the odds he will not be a NHL player of consequence. 

Actually Boud’s,   It’s possible Nik taking control of his curve might be a good thing.

I always remember when we drafted Brian Allen, another big bodied D,  think the Canucks started to push him into the physical aspect of the NHL a bit too soon...   I think he may have been 19 or 20 at the time and was absolutely pummeled by a Flames player,.  My memory is a bit faded on this, perhaps it was Kurt Fraser ??

Any way, Allen was injured severely in the fight, never the same, possibly considerable mental/ confidence damage.

Although Nik seems to handle himself well,  if we get him back as the physical specimen of a man in his young prime,  this could be the best scenario for both he and the Canucks.

ps.   I thought his D board control, and cycle shut down was exceptional. He is quick. Surprises opponents.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Actually Boud’s,   It’s possible Nik taking control of his curve might be a good thing.

I always remember when we drafted Brian Allen, another big bodied D,  think the Canucks started to push him into the physical aspect of the NHL a bit too soon...   I think he may have been 19 or 20 at the time and was absolutely pummeled by a Flames player,.  My memory is a bit faded on this, perhaps it was Kurt Fraser ??

Any way, Allen was injured severely in the fight, never the same, possibly considerable mental/ confidence damage.

Although Nik seems to handle himself well,  if we get him back as the physical specimen of a man in his young prime,  this could be the best scenario for both he and the Canucks.

ps.   I thought his D board control, and cycle shut down was exceptional. He is quick. Surprises opponents.

Then scares the bejesus out of them!

I hope Tryamkin comes back with the attitude that he is here to stay. He would be an excellent complement to our young defensemen going forward.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

We shall see on the Tryamkin front . Its your job as a GM to be on top of all players Especially flight risk Russians. Why do you think he was drafted in the 3rd round. JB don't get me wrong is doing a great job drafting . Managing not so much . 

5 minutes ago, WonderTwinPowers said:

You have to understand that those examples don't help his narrative. Kind of like Pedan for Pouliot or Holm for Leipsic.

Say what you will about his trading but he's traded a lot of non NHL talent for NHL talent.

As I stated when he makes a big the big trade Ill remain pessimistic . Fringe for fringe player is playing it safe . 

2 minutes ago, vannuck59 said:

As I stated when he makes a big the big trade Ill remain pessimistic . Fringe for fringe player is playing it safe . 

I'm pretty sure you're probably just pessimistic in general. Bear and Granny have both put up numbers for us that were more than fringe. And Pouliot was our 2nd (I think) highest scoring D last year. It was a down year for the whole team no doubt, but would Shinkaruk, a 2nd round pick, and Pedan have been better?

What are the worst trades Benning has made in your opinion?

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, WonderTwinPowers said:

I'm pretty sure you're probably just pessimistic in general. Bear and Granny have both put up numbers for us that were more than fringe. And Pouliot was our 2nd (I think) highest scoring D last year. It was a down year for the whole team no doubt, but would Shinkaruk, a 2nd round pick, and Pedan have been better?

What are the worst trades Benning has made in your opinion?

Im pretty shure If your looking at being a bottom  standing team Jim's doing a great Job!  GM of the year. This was about Tryamkin handling rather mishandling. And no Im not pessimistic. I just think Tryamkin will never lace up for the Canucks again.

2 minutes ago, vannuck59 said:

Im pretty shure If your looking at being a bottom  standing team Jim's doing a great Job!  GM of the year. This was about Tryamkin handling rather mishandling. And no Im not pessimistic. I just think Tryamkin will never lace up for the Canucks again.

Fair enough and to each their own. But for what it's worth that last sentence is pretty much the definition of being pessimistic.

• Like 2
  • -SN- locked this topic
  • -SN- unlocked this topic