The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Actually Boud’s,   It’s possible Nik taking control of his curve might be a good thing.

I always remember when we drafted Brian Allen, another big bodied D,  think the Canucks started to push him into the physical aspect of the NHL a bit too soon...   I think he may have been 19 or 20 at the time and was absolutely pummeled by a Flames player,.  My memory is a bit faded on this, perhaps it was Kurt Fraser ??

Any way, Allen was injured severely in the fight, never the same, possibly considerable mental/ confidence damage.

Although Nik seems to handle himself well,  if we get him back as the physical specimen of a man in his young prime,  this could be the best scenario for both he and the Canucks.

ps.   I thought his D board control, and cycle shut down was exceptional. He is quick. Surprises opponents.

My concern over how well he can develop in the KHL might be overstated, I hope I am wrong. My critic of his d-zone play could be overstated as well since it takes 5 skaters to play good d-zone. As injuries mounted and the team started to spin downwards it obviously shook the confidence of most players. I loved the way Tryamkin could angle forwards off to the boards where he often finished with a hit. The KHL does not dwell on defense thusly my concern. 

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

My concern over how well he can develop in the KHL might be overstated, I hope I am wrong. My critic of his d-zone play could be overstated as well since it takes 5 skaters to play good d-zone. As injuries mounted and the team started to spin downwards it obviously shook the confidence of most players. I loved the way Tryamkin could angle forwards off to the boards where he often finished with a hit. The KHL does not dwell on defense thusly my concern. 

Let's all remember who won the KHL dman of the year in 2018.  That, alone, says enough about KHL defensemen.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
46 minutes ago, stawns said:

Let's all remember who won the KHL dman of the year in 2018.  That, alone, says enough about KHL defensemen.

That doesn't make me overwhelmingly positive:lol:

14 minutes ago, Megalodon said:

There are two ways to look at this, KHL d-men are that bad, or, Try. is that good!

Maybe a bit of both?  Kind of disheartening that Try couldn't beat out Larson though.

2 hours ago, stawns said:

Don’t forget it’s a league that Putin himself can stack his favourite team, one I believe he has ownership in.

The awards in the KHL are a bit tounge  in cheek.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Upvote 1

If they all hit close to their potential I see a pretty solid defence core 2 years from now:

Hughes - Tanev (Veteran leadership - stay at home guy so Hughes can roam)  
Joulevi - Woo 
Tryamkin - Stecher 
Breisbois

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, stawns said:

McCann-Guddy trade was excellent

Baer trade was very good, as was the granny trade

Burr trade was an absolute robbery

Hansen trade was good, could be very good

LOL You kidding me? McCann is on the cusp of breaking out for the Panthers and is ahead of Virtanen in terms of development, plus we gave up a pick. Gudbranson has done F-all since hes been a Canuck. Big but doesnt hit, couldnt catch up to a pylon in a race, cant score, can't pass, oh and you sneeze at him, he gets injured

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Agree with you, let’s remember Big Ice does sport a different brand of hockey.  I thought Tryamkin adapted well in his first stint on an NHL rink,.  it suits him.

• Upvote 1

Tyramkin will come back to the Canucks a stud and star top line defenceman. I think he can play the right side even though he is left handed. 

Hughes Tyramkin

Juolevi Stetcher 

Woo 

Edited by kenhodgejr
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

This thread sucks.

Ouch... that is my head after reading the last page on this thread, will he come back? Won't he come back? Does Bennings legacy hang on the fact he left?  Does the KHL defenseman of the year come from Putins meddling?  WTF?  Did Willie screw us?  Is Goldobin in the lineup just to get Tryamkin back ( ok that's just me adding something) ugh ugh super ugh.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

well we need so much help at D, once a couple more we have drafted get a year under their belt and Tram is back, we should have a great D!

three years and we have a better D, get most out and bring in the new!!!

• Like 1
16 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Seems EVERYBODY embarrasses themselves on here but you.   Egomania is a sickness Alfy boy.    

You refer to yourself about a dozen times, almost more than the topic itself.    ...and I’m embarrassing myself? :) 

.... and I should “calm down” because there are no positives in this situation?  That must stem from your Desjardins “butt hurt”,. as you put it.

I look for positives in situations Alf..    it’s unfortunate you have to deal with what your (in your own words) “not keen” on.

Hows that wet paper bag,.   You out of it yet?  No?..  well, when it dries out you can wear it.

Ps.   The positive IS,. that Desjardins was fired,. Another great move by JB.. 

Dig deep Alfy,  I’m sure you can find something in my history here to try and embarrass me with :) 

..or perhaps I’m not worth your time any more.

Please, take the lead..   

Here I remain,

Calm.    Sincerely,  Sam.

There comes a time in some threads where you realise what is coming back bears no relation to the topic but is symptomatic of something more personal. At that point it is best to call it a day.

So have a good one Sam.

12 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

Tyramkin will come back to the Canucks a stud and star forward. I think he can play the right side even though he is left handed. 

Hughes Tyramkin

Juolevi Stetcher 

Rathbone Woo 

Finished that for ya. Looks good!

• Upvote 3
8 hours ago, alfstonker said:

There comes a time in some threads where you realise what is coming back bears no relation to the topic but is symptomatic of something more personal. At that point it is best to call it a day.

So have a good one Sam.

I know your actually trying to thank me A.S...

Sometimes an arrow through the heart painlessly stops the screaming into a clipboard doesn’t it?

.. your welcome Alfy boy.

7908EFC9-0EC2-4EF9-86B5-3C69851AA6F1.thumb.jpeg.7a1cb1019513a155ad9b6f83c7ef19e0.jpeg

Edited by SilentSam
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

For a 23 year old 3rd round pick Tryamkin has shown great potential as a shut down Dman. Dmen take a little longer to develop so I think some seasoning in his hometown team with Avtomobilist will do nothing but good. Plus he can sort out his much talked about family situation.

My guestimate is that he's leaving several million on the table to help out his home team. Sheer economics, and the fact he still fly's the Canuck colors on his Instagram make me sure he Will Be Back. My guestimate is he's making between 1-2 M there where he can make 3-5 M here.

The detractors on this page that continually bash him personally look like nothing but trolls. They seem dead set on not letting anything positive about this 23 year old kid go through without debate. Really guys if you hate the kid so much stay off his page. Based on his last season games I watched the fitness thing is over for Tryamkin the kid learned his lesson well. 

Hairy, you nailed it!    

• Haha 1
On 20/07/2018 at 2:23 PM, kenhodgejr said:

Tyramkin will come back to the Canucks a stud and star forward. I think he can play the right side even though he is left handed. 

Hughes Tyramkin

Juolevi Stetcher 

Woo 

Hughes   Woo

Juolevi    Rathbone

Tryamkin  Stecher

• Upvote 2
  • -SN- locked this topic
  • -SN- unlocked this topic