• Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

Good thing your not him. I also hope your not his agent either.  Shh

you're and you're

Thought I'd save Stawns the trouble. :)

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Hard to believe they're only one year removed from taking Pittsburgh to double overtime in game 7 of the Eastern Conference finals.

Amazing how quickly that team fell into disarray. 

Kind of makes you wonder what was lying beneath the surface in the relationships in the locker room.

12 hours ago, samurai said:

not sure you can call the Bur trade robbery.  They made a deep run with him and down the stretch he was very good for them.  They got value from that trade as did we.   

If they get one year of benefit from Burrows and we get 12-15 years of Dahlen being a top 6 forward for us. I think you could call that robbery, jury is still out though.  

• Hydration 1
3 hours ago, coastal.view said:

don't worry

i'm not

i just don't know why people think he has any loyalty to the canucks

he keeps a pic of himself in an nhl jersey on his account

says a nice thing or 2 to some writer once or twice a year

wow

but what he did

is he left the nhl to go back to russia

is what shows most clearly what he wants

it is more likely if he performs there

that putin's team will scoop him up

and pay him to stay so he will earn nhl type money

at best he clearly is ambivalent about coming back here

he could just as easily just be leaving options for himself open

in case his present team folds and he has no where else to go

This article might be of interest to you Coastal, it came out about 6 weeks ago.

https://thecanuckway.com/2018/06/14/vancouver-canucks-nikita-tryamkin-may-come-back/ 

10 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

If they get one year of benefit from Burrows and we get 12-15 years of Dahlen being a top 6 forward for us. I think you could call that robbery, jury is still out though.  

how often does a team get to the conference finals on average and a game 7 at that.  Teams are in the business of trying to get in the playoffs and win.  When they are close they often trade prospects for vets.

On 7/24/2018 at 10:32 AM, SilentSam said:

Hard to say that he dosent want to be in Vancouver, Coastal.

Considering his active Instagram account has his profile picture presently wearing a Canucks Jersey, as it has all year.

Vancouver might be the best way to have a bit more control over his situation, if he comes to prove himself in that single season, and proves good worth, if he goes to UFA the next season, He can still go as a proven NHL’r to any team.

obviously there is some apprehension in signing a player that might decide to return to mother Russia..

But Tryamkin has lived up to honour the contracts he has signed so far.

probably in another 2 years this team will be a lot more desirable - with an imminent chance to win... will make a big difference

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, samurai said:

how often does a team get to the conference finals on average and a game 7 at that.  Teams are in the business of trying to get in the playoffs and win.  When they are close they often trade prospects for vets.

That is true, I just think Dahlen is a lot better prospect than they thought. I would have took much less back for burrows. I think most were pleasantly surprised.  

On 7/25/2018 at 12:38 PM, SuitnTie said:

Trade his rights or keep him in the slums of Russia. I don’t want to see him wearing a Canucks jersey again. What an idiot. 

you might be the only one

tram when he comes back after this year will be a top 4 D man which we need!

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2018 at 11:44 PM, cripplereh said:

I don't think it's any coincidence that the year he went back to the KHL his team jumped from 21st in standings to 7th overall. Avtomobilist has always been a pretty mediocre team and this is their highest placing since entering the KHL back in 2010. They made a goal differential jump from -26 the previous year to  +28 this year for a total of 54. He is too good for the KHL.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, TGokou said:

I don't think it's any coincidence that the year he went back to the KHL his team jumped from 21st in standings to 7th overall. Avtomobilist has always been a pretty mediocre team and this is their highest placing since entering the KHL back in 2010. They made a goal differential jump from -26 the previous year to  +28 this year for a total of 54. He is too good for the KHL.

And it's no coincidence his game improved so much after a year of development in the NHL.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
15 hours ago, higgyfan said:

And it's no coincidence his game improved so much after a year of development in the NHL.

Very good point. I recall quite a few shots of Lidster explaining things to him during a game (with Try nodding away) and that was probably nothing to what the coaches would work on with him away from game day.

On 7/26/2018 at 11:44 PM, cripplereh said:

Whoa.   Why do you assume he will be capable of the NHL let alone a top 4 role?   He is playing in a league where the equivalence of the Norris trophy just went to Philip Larson.   Yes, that Philip Larson.   

If your "Norris winner" cannot make it in the NHL, how is another Dman going to be an automatically assumed top 4 Dman in the NHL?

• Wat 2
  • Upvote 2
7 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Whoa.   Why do you assume he will be capable of the NHL let alone a top 4 role?   He is playing in a league where the equivalence of the Norris trophy just went to Philip Larson.   Yes, that Philip Larson.  

I blame Willie.

:ph34r:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

If your "Norris winner" cannot make it in the NHL, how is another Dman going to be an automatically assumed top 4 Dman in the NHL?

Maybe the time Tryamkin spent in the NHL already showed that he can hang in this league. I wouldn’t go pencilling him in a top 4 role on his own merit but Hughes is gonna need a big tough defensively responsible partner. It’s kind of like a couple years ago I didn’t think Methot was a top 2 pairing dman but he complimented Erik Karlsson.

• Upvote 1
  • -SN- locked this topic
  • -SN- unlocked this topic