The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

19 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Is this a thread about Tryamkin or is this a thread about people who are stuck living in the past? WD was fired over a year ago now. As much as I liked WD, he was still fired OVER A YEAR AGO! lol

I was hoping to see talk about Tryamkin, instead I get this "boohoo WD got fired!" crap still.

The topic seems intertwined, can't have one without the other.

Many blame willie for Tram leaving, thus others have to point out Tram left after Willie was fired , and so on.

Edit to add Tram left about A YEAR AGO. ;)

Edited by gurn
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, gurn said:

The topic seems intertwined, can't have one without the other.

Many blame willie for Tram leaving, thus others have to point out Tram left after Willie was fired , and so on.

Edit to add Tram left about A YEAR AGO. ;)

The way I see it, you can believe all of the speculation, or you can shrug and say "I don't know". Personally, I am of the later mindset. Is it possible? Sure. Is it definitive that that's what absolutely happened? Not in the slightest. Yet, people seem to believe it just like there are people out there who believe in UFO sightings as actually being aliens. Because who needs logic when you have speculation and imagination! ;)

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

A smarter man might want to delete some of that.  Your embarrassing yourself.

A smarter man would not have written that in the first place. And I haven't seen any indication that he is actually capable of feeling embarrassment.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Some say????

Who says? Nobody worth a damn. Did you see what that team was made up from? All the same guys who get laughed at because they can only play in the KHL. He has won the Calder Cup and took the Canucks to the playoffs in his first season. He was fired because JB shafted him with poor replacements.

I suppose it's better for the Tryamkin disciples to deflect onto WD

Your obsession with defending a man you don't even know is really odd. You might want to take a step back and ask yourself if it's worth the effort.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

On 2018-08-09 at 8:39 PM, Rob_Zepp said:

LOL.   Love your posts Sam.   Somewhere in Russia tonight, the big guy is waking up to a new day knowing his biggest fan continues to fight the good fight for him.   Good on ya!   :)

BTW Zepp,   I never had a Willie Desjardins Piniata Doll,  ..  but I decided to make one.. I can make a couple more for you and @alfstonker to chat to, cuddle up to, or whatever you like.

Your sure to get them before they announce his Bobblehead Night .  Clipboard NOT included.

0077D2F4-381D-4C68-8EFD-6F7692642481.jpeg

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

BTW Zepp,   I never had a Willie Desjardins Piniata Doll,  ..  but I decided to make one.. I can make a couple more for you and @alfstonker to chat to, cuddle up to, or whatever you like.

Your sure to get them before they announce his Bobblehead Night .  Clipboard NOT included.

0077D2F4-381D-4C68-8EFD-6F7692642481.jpeg

I doubt there is a coach who is ideal for every player on his roster.  I remember Torts hated (it seemed) the way Hansen played, and it reflected negatively on Hansen and the team.  WD was clearly terrible for Tryamkin.  That’s not saying he wasn’t good for other guys like, Vey and Megna.  :lol:

• Upvote 1

Look I am pretty sure that Tryamkin went home because of

1. WD's year long pressure on Tryamkin

2. Tryamkin's wife

3. Every heavy weight in the league wanting to fight him or run at him

4. His immaturity 

5. Pot smoking neighbors

6. Home sick

7. Benning's request to send him to the minors and not respecting the contract

8. and my unsubstantiated opinion, that Benning low balled Tryamkin's contract expectations

Just my opinion, but I think it was all the above...……….

Everyone had fault...……...especially the neighbors!:gocan:

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

11 hours ago, SilentSam said:

This is who the two of you should question, and yes, criticize.  

The game has taken two Giant steps for mankind over his, and obviously, your heads.   

No one gets fired without ethical reason, whether it be one incident, or a multitude.

Direct your attention to Desjardins, and you’ll find more legitimate faults, than the ones you keep dreaming up on Tryamkin.

We've been over that, SS. This is the Tryamkin thread, and we've talked about how he was given more responsibility, ice time, etc. throughout the season and even with Desjardins being let go, Tryamkin still chose to go back to Russia. Unless you're saying Tryamkin has an obsession with Desjardins and that has affected his judgement and ability to play in the NHL?

tenor.gif?itemid=10016550

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, TU90 said:

Your obsession with defending a man you don't even know is really odd. You might want to take a step back and ask yourself if it's worth the effort.

You need to know someone before you "defend" them. Wow are the Tryamkin zealots aware of this?

I will continue to defend WD against the kind of cretinous accusations made by the likes of SS and others. I will go the extra mile when these accusations are made just to deflect from decent appraisals of Tryamkin. 

10 hours ago, Alflives said:

I doubt there is a coach who is ideal for every player on his roster.  I remember Torts hated (it seemed) the way Hansen played, and it reflected negatively on Hansen and the team.  WD was clearly terrible for Tryamkin.  That’s not saying he wasn’t good for other guys like, Vey and Megna.  :lol:

BS

Tryamkin was clearly terrible for Tryamkin.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, alfstonker said:

You need to know someone before you "defend" them. Wow are the Tryamkin zealots aware of this?

I will continue to defend WD against the kind of cretinous accusations made by the likes of SS and others. I will go the extra mile when these accusations are made just to deflect from decent appraisals of Tryamkin. 

So it's alright to attack them with not knowing them but it's not okay to defend them?

That's like the very definition of hypocrite. lol

Wow, thinking about it. that's actually a really REALLY bad statement you've made. This is a forum and it doesn't matter when you are attacking or defending someone. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. You are entitled to your opinion. People are entitled to disagree with your opinion. Perhaps you've forgotten what a forum is about?.... :angry:

Edited by The Lock
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, The Lock said:

So it's alright to attack them with not knowing them but it's not okay to defend them?

That's like the very definition of hypocrite. lol

Wow, thinking about it. that's actually a really REALLY bad statement you've made. This is a forum and it doesn't matter when you are attacking or defending someone. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. You are entitled to your opinion. People are entitled to disagree with your opinion. Perhaps you've forgotten what a forum is about?.... :angry:

Get real. If that was the case everyone here would be a hypocrite. This whole thread is set up to intimidate anyone who has a counter view on "the greatness of Tryamkin" You are one of the zealots it appears.

I also never said anyone was not entitled to their opinion but they make these opinions in the full knowledge that they will be challenged with counter opinions. 

I objected to an implication that WD was somehow a bad coach because he was showing early signs of some kind of illness. I didn't join a hockey forum to let cr-p like that go without comment.

Maybe it's you who has forgotten what this forum is about if you think that is an acceptable thing to say.

Edited by alfstonker

BS

Tryamkin was clearly terrible for Tryamkin.

I don’t disagree with Tryamkin not helping his own cause by showing up here overweight and not in shape.  However, he did follow the directions of the trainers, lose weight, and get fit.  Then, when he was just starting to show his full game, WD makes the ridiculous negative public comments about Tryamkin’s play against Marchand.  Every player is an individual, and with Tryamkin WD clearly made mistakes.  

Even given the WD coaching, I still believe Tryamkin went home to satisfy the needs/wants of his wife.  She looked super young.  It must have been really hard on her, when Nikita was travelling with the team.  Maybe he and his young wife would have had an easier adjustment to NA life if they were in Tampa or Washington, where there were more Russian players?  

• Like 1

Seems like a strange hobby. 

• Like 1

Just now, Alflives said:

I don’t disagree with Tryamkin not helping his own cause by showing up here overweight and not in shape.  However, he did follow the directions of the trainers, lose weight, and get fit.  Then, when he was just starting to show his full game, WD makes the ridiculous negative public comments about Tryamkin’s play against Marchand.  Every player is an individual, and with Tryamkin WD clearly made mistakes.  

Even given the WD coaching, I still believe Tryamkin went home to satisfy the needs/wants of his wife.  She looked super young.  It must have been really hard on her, when Nikita was travelling with the team.  Maybe he and his young wife would have had an easier adjustment to NA life if they were in Tampa or Washington, where there were more Russian players?  

Go and check your timing again.

Basically Alf, I really don't give a flying F why he went home - he went home and if that makes him happy that's fine by me. But it wasn't WD who sent him home and there is no record of WD asking him to do anything that another coach wouldn't ask. Asking a 6'-7" 240lb player to intimidate the opposition consistently is the minimum I would expect from the coach of my team.

As I say all the same people (including you I recall) who somehow think Tryamkin was being asked to do the unthinkable are the same hypocrites who are on here showing videos of him fighting and sitting players on their ass.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, alfstonker said:

Go and check your timing again.

Basically Alf, I really don't give a flying F why he went home - he went home and if that makes him happy that's fine by me. But it wasn't WD who sent him home and there is no record of WD asking him to do anything that another coach wouldn't ask. Asking a 6'-7" 240lb player to intimidate the opposition consistently is the minimum I would expect from the coach of my team.

As I say all the same people (including you I recall) who somehow think Tryamkin was being asked to do the unthinkable are the same hypocrites who are on here showing videos of him fighting and sitting players on their ass.

Oh for certain I’m a big time hypocrite.  When it comes to our players and prospects, that’s clearly evident in my posts.  Even so, I firmly believe WD was not a good coach with Tryamkin.  He needed to read all his players, and Tryamkin he miss read.  I don’t think every coach would insist, and publicly state, he wants a particular player to “intimidate” opponents more.  Sure, it would be great if all our players played with some nastiness, but not all guys are wired that way, right?  And it’s the coach’s job to read that.  

• Upvote 1