The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

That's good. Thanks. Then we wait, and when he's completely ready, over he comes.

Do you see him with top four potential?

He has all the tools for sure. The next few years will be critical though.

The Canucks want him to be more physical and play the body more, and from the sounds of it, he's doing what they asked.

His skating and positioning will need to continue to improve, as well as his offensive awareness. But I think he's being developed slowly in the KHL and taught how to play the right way. With a few good years of development, the sky's the limit for him.

He has all the tools for sure. The next few years will be critical though.

The Canucks want him to be more physical and play the body more, and from the sounds of it, he's doing what they asked.

His skating and positioning will need to continue to improve, as well as his offensive awareness. But I think he's being developed slowly in the KHL and taught how to play the right way. With a few good years of development, the sky's the limit for him.

Wow!

How about we shoot for the moon, and he becomes the so elusive elite guy we've never had? I remember when Chara played up in Prince George. He looked like the worst skater ever, but he sure developed later, as he got older. He could really fight too. Can Tryamkin fight, or do they not fight in the KHL?

Wow!

How about we shoot for the moon, and he becomes the so elusive elite guy we've never had? I remember when Chara played up in Prince George. He looked like the worst skater ever, but he sure developed later, as he got older. He could really fight too. Can Tryamkin fight, or do they not fight in the KHL?

Chara is the definite model for Tryamkin. Not only because of their size and where they were drafted, but the fact that both were considered long term project players.

Chara definitely had similarities. A big guy with an awkward skating style that took awhile to grow into his body. He didn't really start to develop his offensive game until he was 24-25, and only recently had a career year at age 35.

The Canucks brass have told Tryamkin they want him to play nastier ala Chara. He's not a big fighter, probably because players don't wanna fight a guy who's 6'8". I think as he becomes more comfortable playing in a men's league, he'll develop that aspect of his game. It's alot different fighting junior players than it is fighting physically mature men.

We'll see if the KHL route pays off. Chara went the WHL route and then onto the AHL, and it took him a few years to adjust. Tryamkin is playing at an even higher level than the AHL right now. If that creates a more rounded player or not, we'll have to wait and see.

• Upvote 2

It should be noted that he's been playing on big ice. He'll have to adjust to smaller ice which holefully plays to his advantage in the long run. If he can hold his own on big ice he might have a chance. We forget reach is huge for a defensman and if he's got speed he's got a chance

• Upvote 2

Chara is the definite model for Tryamkin. Not only because of their size and where they were drafted, but the fact that both were considered long term project players.

Chara definitely had similarities. A big guy with an awkward skating style that took awhile to grow into his body. He didn't really start to develop his offensive game until he was 24-25, and only recently had a career year at age 35.

The Canucks brass have told Tryamkin they want him to play nastier ala Chara. He's not a big fighter, probably because players don't wanna fight a guy who's 6'8". I think as he becomes more comfortable playing in a men's league, he'll develop that aspect of his game. It's alot different fighting junior players than it is fighting physically mature men.

We'll see if the KHL route pays off. Chara went the WHL route and then onto the AHL, and it took him a few years to adjust. Tryamkin is playing at an even higher level than the AHL right now. If that creates a more rounded player or not, we'll have to wait and see.

Thanks. That's excellent information. So, when really would we be hoping for him to come over, and help our team?

Thanks. That's excellent information. So, when really would we be hoping for him to come over, and help our team?

Well that depends on him. He says he wants to come over after this season.

But if he has a breakout year and establishes himself as a top young player over there, his team may be willing to offer him a big contract. If that's the case he'll have to decide whether to take a big payday, or sign an ELC with the Canucks for less money.

If he is serious about playing in the NHL, I would think he starts in Utica after this season and then they take it from there. There will be spots available on the Canucks blueline, but he'll have to prove he can transition to North American hockey.

Well that depends on him. He says he wants to come over after this season.

But if he has a breakout year and establishes himself as a top young player over there, his team may be willing to offer him a big contract. If that's the case he'll have to decide whether to take a big payday, or sign an ELC with the Canucks for less money.

If he is serious about playing in the NHL, I would think he starts in Utica after this season and then they take it from there. There will be spots available on the Canucks blueline, but he'll have to prove he can transition to North American hockey.

I wonder if he's the type of athlete, who wants to prove himself against the best? If he is, then he will come here.

yay i got to watch his game this morning!
i missed first 5min b.c i got confused which team i was suppose to look at...
he's #88 big dude in white with #34 throughout the game...so if u see #34, most likely Tryamkin is there
key points in this game
mobile, but too much mobile me thought
long reach
out of place quite a lot but recovered okay with his mobility and long reach
i thought not a good game or pretty meh game for him
received steady ice time first 2 periods. ufa pushed hard mid 3rd keeping their top pair on a lot
he gets scored on at 1.18
though he was out of his place when he shouldve been back covering the goal scorer
not sure what #28 white was doing just leaving his guy by giving no time for tryamkin
2.07 uses his long reach and body to cut the man off behind the net
4.17 out of place again but recovers nicely later on to negate scoring chance
gets pretty beat at 8.02 the shooter couldve scored
gets scored on at 10 48.#122 forgot to pick up his man while T was up there
familiar faces
#4 for green....Kiril Koltsov...me not noticed....hehehe
#70 for green Hartikainen former oiler

The good thing is a big guy like Tryamkin should benefit from the smaller ice.

It will give forwards less time and space to get away from him.

Excellent point. Maybe that's part of the direction to the foreign scouts? If we take euros, let's be certain our ice will better suit their game. As you point out, Tryamkin fits that idea.

For a fww years now we've had tough projected bottom pairing dmen that were looking promising.

Sauve>Polasek>Cederholm>Tryamkin

I hope the two we have now pan out.

Tough D-man aren't worth a damn without hockey IQ to go along with it.

Big dumb D-men equal nothing more than penalties and goals against.

Tough D-man aren't worth a damn without hockey IQ to go along with it.

Big dumb D-men equal nothing more than penalties and goals against.

Maybe, just dumb (at any position) means that too? Is Tree dumb? I know people had a nasty nick name, which I will not use, for Jovo.

I think Polasek was the top scoring Dman in the Czech league last year, we might even see him at the 2016 World Cup.

Rodin was one of the top scorers on his team too along with Sweatt.

Seems like these guys are having success after the failed experiment that was the Chicago Wolves.

Well a fourth liner can be somewhat dumb as long as he plays a simple game.

Defensemen can't hide their mistakes as much as a forward.

We say, a simple game, like that is equated to Hockey IQ. Maybe a straight line, hard nosed game, and knowing when to mix it up, takes more indertanding of the game than we give these fourth liners credit for?

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to Nikita Tryamkin | #88 | D
  • -SN- locked this topic
  • -SN- unlocked this topic