The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

For a fww years now we've had tough projected bottom pairing dmen that were looking promising.

Sauve>Polasek>Cederholm>Tryamkin

I hope the two we have now pan out.

To be fair, Sauve may have been very good had he not been hit by a car.

got another highlights up

1:28 nice little pass block with his super long stick
nice long stretch pass which drew a penalty
in the first the red waas attacking from left to right
in 2nd at 43sec in, red was attacking from left to right
a few min later, they switched side and red attacked from right to left....
wtf was that...
had a couple of shots 2:32 3:12
3"30 he does a little bit of end to end rush
5:20 couldve had an assist there....
5:51 good d play and joins the rush
6:47 playing edgy
really impressed with his long reach, mobility and showing signs of wanting to join the rush or be involved offensively

I think Polasek was the top scoring Dman in the Czech league last year, we might even see him at the 2016 World Cup.

Yeah, he's really starting to take on some of that "the one that got away" status.

A 24-year-old, 6'3", right shooting Dman with toughness who just put-up a season with Sparta Praha (36 points in 52 GP) that, using NHLe and prorated out to 82 games, is equivalent to 35 points in the NHL.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Upvote 1

I liked his skill set, even more than Cederholm's who I find is a comparable on the smaller ice, but he didn't seem to be able to translate it here. Hopefully that's not the case with Tryamkin and he can find his stride and them come over to make an impact in North America.

Avtomobilist is currently leading the eastern conference in KHL after winning 5 out of 7 games of new season. The team has new head coach Andrey Razin who is known to get the best from his players which helps them to advance to the next level. Nobody expected such early success from this young team. I think this change with the head coach is great for Nikita's development.

Avtomobilist is currently leading the eastern conference in KHL after winning 5 out of 7 games of new season. The team has new head coach Andrey Razin who is known to get the best from his players which helps them to advance to the next level. Nobody expected such early success from this young team. I think this change with the head coach is great for Nikita's development.

it has been a surprising start

but the depressing part is Tryamkin's ice time is getting lower and lower

last 3 games 11min, 14min, 13min...where as in his first 4 games 14min, 16min,16min,18min

Interesting enough that in the latest game against CSKA on Sep 13 Tryamkin was playing as center forward in the last two periods due to inquiry to the centre Ondrjey Roman. According to Nikita, it was hard for him to play in that position because he needed to skate much more than usual. He even won couple of faceoff.

Interesting enough that in the latest game against CSKA on Sep 13 Tryamkin was playing as center forward in the last two periods due to inquiry to the centre Ondrjey Roman. According to Nikita, it was hard for him to play in that position because he needed to skate much more than usual. He even won couple of faceoff.

Huh!? How's that for a fourth line center... Skate Nikita Skate!

You already know he's going to be defensively responsible and he drives to the net like Jovo used to.

I know we need defense and that's likely where he'll end up in our system, but damn that's an intriguing proposition. If he could make that switch I would be damn impressed, but I doubt it's anything more than a gimmick.

Win faceoff. Receive pass. Skate to net. Score goal. Is simple.

Crap! This guy must be one hell of a good skater to move to centre. I can see wing, but centre is amazing. Okay hearing this confirms what I already felt. This guy is going to be a special player. Let's get him over here! What's the hold up?

Crap! This guy must be one hell of a good skater to move to centre. I can see wing, but centre is amazing. Okay hearing this confirms what I already felt. This guy is going to be a special player. Let's get him over here! What's the hold up?

He's not NHL ready yet and is playing in a very good league that's better than AHL level in his home country. There's almost no reason to bring him over for another like 2+ years.

He's not NHL ready yet and is playing in a very good league that's better than AHL level in his home country. There's almost no reason to bring him over for another like 2+ years.

Yes, logic dictates you are (of course) correct. As a fan, I'm just excited about our new guys pushing out the old dead wood.