The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

Can they afford it, with the whole Russian recession and all? Is Avto affected by that?

They should not have any problem with that since this is pretty young team and they don't have any expensive player. Yekaterinburg is large industrial city with 1.5 million population (2.5 mln. with surroundings) and supports a KHL team very well.

They should not have any problem with that since this is pretty young team and they don't have any expensive player. Yekaterinburg is large industrial city with 1.5 million population (2.5 mln. with surroundings) and supports a KHL team very well.

screw you man i want my draft pick, why you do this to us Stierlitz :(

screw you man i want my draft pick, why you do this to us Stierlitz :(

Well, as my favorite poster J.R. said four posts ago, "He's not NHL ready yet and is playing in a very good league that's better than AHL level in his home country. There's almost no reason to bring him over for another like 2+ years". So it is what it is :)

I disagree with wanting him to stay in the KHL. Yes its a better league but its also not a developmental league like the AHL. Do you think Nikita's coach is more worried about how he is developing or doing whatever needs to be done to win.

If he comes over to the AHL we have full control of his game. Meaning he'll be able to play 20+ minutes instead of the 10-15 he normally gets. Plus his playing style is better suited for NA ice, which would be better for his development.

I really hope he comes over at the end of his season to play some games with Utica.

I disagree with wanting him to stay in the KHL. Yes its a better league but its also not a developmental league like the AHL. Do you think Nikita's coach is more worried about how he is developing or doing whatever needs to be done to win.

If he comes over to the AHL we have full control of his game. Meaning he'll be able to play 20+ minutes instead of the 10-15 he normally gets. Plus his playing style is better suited for NA ice, which would be better for his development.

I really hope he comes over at the end of his season to play some games with Utica.

Yeah he is getting crap minutes over there. 14 min won't cut it.

If this is the case, than why don't we get him here now? It seems like a waste to leave him there, if he's not getting to play.

needs to show something this season, or like I predicted earlier. The most potential I can see in him is a Marek Malik and this is max. Let's hope he does show something this year.

i'm not accusing you of doing this, but everyone always speaks of Malik in a disparaging way...I really liked him. Say what you will about +/- as a stat, but his seasons with us and following in NY were spectacular in that regard.

if we could have Tryamkin turn into a Malik, I would be great with that.

• Upvote 3

i'm not accusing you of doing this, but everyone always speaks of Malik in a disparaging way...I really liked him. Say what you will about +/- as a stat, but his seasons with us and following in NY were spectacular in that regard.

if we could have Tryamkin turn into a Malik, I would be great with that.

Absolutely! God, if our guy is another Malik, we've got the perfect partner for Subban. Could imagine those two together? That's a match made in hockey heaven.