The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

5 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Kemle, eh? Are you thinking Bert H? Nope. Never lived in LIster but my Granny did. CTM 

Nope.. not a Kemle but related and moved up with them from the coast when they bought the farm in Lister. Left the farm in 71 to go work in one of the local sawmills. Probably our paths crossed many times over the years. Garrett will know who I am.

Not sure what CTM refers to.

So... not Burt but a Huscroft? If so,  then hmm..... who's left... Dennis, Brian, George, Garth and Raymond. Not likely Dennis as I worked with him, Brian is from Lister so not him, I think George lived in Lister as well at one time, Raymond is out as you mentioned that "Big Daddy" was a cousin so that leaves Garth as the most likely if you are indeed of the Huscroft surname.

Am I getting closer?

Edited by Kootenay Gold

Just now, Kootenay Gold said:

Nope.. not a Kemle but related and moved up with them from the coast when they bought the farm in Lister. Left the farm in 71 to go work in one of the local sawmills. Probably our paths crossed many times over the years. Garrett will know who I am.

Not sure what CTM refers to.

So... not Burt but a Huscroft? If so,  then hmm..... who's left... Dennis, Brian, George and Garth and Raymond. Not likely Dennis as I worked with him, Brian is from Lister so not him, I think George lived in Lister as well at one time, Raymond is out as you mentioned that "Big Daddy" was a cousin so that leaves Garth as the most likely if you are indeed of the Huscroft surname.

Am I getting closer?

Geez you know my relatives better than I??? Who is Garrett? Garth and I went to school together along with Big Daddy. Brian sold his farm and is hunting a lot. I came back in'72 and took over the Shell bulk. How many times did Raymond get mauled by a bear? 3x ? 

Just now, Boudrias said:

Geez you know my relatives better than I??? Who is Garrett? Garth and I went to school together along with Big Daddy. Brian sold his farm and is hunting a lot. I came back in'72 and took over the Shell bulk. How many times did Raymond get mauled by a bear? 3x ? 

Not a Huscroft?

You have me stumped now as I do not remember who was the owner of the plant. You probably delivered fuel to the mill many times over the years and vaguely recall an image of someone but memory is not sure if it is you or Casey from Esso that I am remembering.

Anyways we have hijacked this thread long enough. I'm Harv.

BTW Garrett is married to a Kemle.

2 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Not a Huscroft?

You have me stumped now as I do not remember who was the owner of the plant. You probably delivered fuel to the mill many times over the years and vaguely recall an image of someone but memory is not sure if it is you or Casey from Esso that I am remembering.

Anyways we have hijacked this thread long enough. I'm Harv.

BTW Garrett is married to a Kemle.

Well Harv you got me. I owned both. :) The mill must have been J,H,  Weren't those X-Mass parties fun!  Lots of fun. I admit my memory could be better. I was thinking you were Murray Olhauser for a while.

Don't know about hyjacking the thread as nothing much is happening with Tryamkin. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Well Harv you got me. I owned both. :) The mill must have been J,H,  Weren't those X-Mass parties fun!  Lots of fun. I admit my memory could be better. I was thinking you were Murray Olhauser for a while.

Don't know about hyjacking the thread as nothing much is happening with Tryamkin. 

It is a little disappointing seeing this thread get bumped so many times and thinking there's new news on Tree only to learn again that it's still a reunion party. Maybe a PM convo would be better next time. Just a piece of friendly advice ::D

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

^ I bet you two discover you were unknowingly romancing the SAME Mtn Mistress!

Guns drawn in a 9 o'clock duel, as a Harlequin Romance novel unfolds :^)

38 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Naw I think they should just get a room. :bigblush:

... wait a minute..   was there sumthin said about a sister with a great moustache..  that’s not cool these days.

45 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

It is a little disappointing seeing this thread get bumped so many times and thinking there's new news on Tree only to learn again that it's still a reunion party. Maybe a PM convo would be better next time. Just a piece of friendly advice ::D

Another point in his last game..   I get the gut feeling he is not tired of winning, or the TOI..  But I think the rotational D core, maybe good for the team, .. but not Nik’s potential.   He might be reflecting and relishing on the opportunity of playing every game with a coach who is “Very good person”.

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I was thinking you were Dan Spring lol and you threw me off when you said cousin to Big Daddy as I was thinking Huscroft but it was when you didn't know Garrett I figured you must be from the other side of the family line.

I Worked at the mill for 43 years and yes we did chat a few times during that time. I am an amateur genealogist as was Ken Huscroft so I learned a lot about the family through him.

• Upvote 1

Just now, SilentSam said:

Another point in his last game..   I get the gut feeling he is not tired of winning, or the TOI..  But I think the rotational D core, maybe good for the team, .. but not Nik’s potential.   He might be reflecting and relishing on the opportunity of playing every game with a coach who is “Very good person”.

You are right Sam. lol. Reunion is over now. Did not seem to be anything happening on the thread and it didn't register on me that so many CDC'ers are so hungry for any news on a player that is unlikely to ever play again for the Canucks.

1 minute ago, Kootenay Gold said:

You are right Sam. lol. Reunion is over now. Did not seem to be anything happening on the thread and it didn't register on me that so many CDC'ers are so hungry for any news on a player that is unlikely to ever play again for the Canucks.

Koot’s!    Honestly I’m lovin the comradery .. it shows love of the game and how close all of our communities really are.

Like you and others here, I do keep an eye out for the big Man defecting though ;) .. and I do hope he comes back.. he plays a great game.. had me swinging my fist in delight at times.. big kid, big mans game.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Koot’s!    Honestly I’m lovin the comradery .. it shows love of the game and how close all of our communities really are.

Like you and others here, I do keep an eye out for the big Man defecting though ;) .. and I do hope he comes back.. he plays a great game.. had me swinging my fist in delight at times.. big kid, big mans game.

Since the injury thread on EP40 continues strong the idea of Try coming back gains a lot of cred. IMHO just as the skills timeline exists for the Canucks I consider a culture timeline as well. Until this team is prepared to respond to 'heavy play' on their stars it's CUP challenges will be muted. When EP40 or BB go down there has to be push back! I am not talking about fisticuffs, necessarily, but amping up hitting and tough play around puck possession has to happen. This cannot begin during playoffs it has to be engrained within every game. 

Tryamkin, during his rookie season, demonstrated his huge potential along these lines. He gave the Canucks another look that we have not seen since Jovo. Try finished checks plain and simple. He showed flashes of how he could dominate the d-zone if he had proper support. I do not think Try's style of physical game has been by-passed in the modern NHL. IMO he took some penalties for legit hits simply because of his size. With time and development this could have been mitigated. Bottom line is that Vancouver has no where close enough size yet and getting Tryamkin back would be a 'huge' step forward.      

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I think we can all agree that what made him exciting to watch for us was his total game, big, strong,  fast, smart.. and for his first full season ( 50 games.??) on an NHL size ice surface,  the quick adaption to the game.

I think we only got to see 3 litres filled inside a 5 gallon bucket on Nik’s potential.  ... and I truly hope the carrot is dangled in front of this War Horse for him to leave the KHL after this season.  When you HAVE A PROSPECT that fills all the boxes that you NEED, you don’t let that opportunity set with the sun.

aaannnddd..     I can only imagine that a friendship between Elias and Nik could rival that of Pavel and Gino.

... and our Alien friend would recognize the secret weapon in Nik skating the way he can at 50 kph over the centreline.. this could put us ahead in the generation evolution of the game.

.. i so dearly want to get back to that “on the edge of my seat” hockey we have seen,. It’s close.. and Tryamkin in his own way could be part of that,. Hopefully he is still watching all of our games and can see where he fits.

ps.. I see a 5 day rest for us after this trip..  I would be happy either way if EP plays or sits..  I think we make a very strong push for the playoffs after this trip,  Demko a part of that.   I think we are ahead of our approach on this “rebuild”,. perhaps because there are teams like The Kings that can’t compete against the youth movement and managements are trying to figure out this new evolution .

.. if the Canucks “gel” after this weekend,.  I see us going 2 rounds, possibly 3.

... Hopefully Nik is watching and getting excited for his team here.

I enjoy your enthusiasm but am a little more suspect, Sam. The issue for me remains the d-core and how well they can handle CUP play. Maybe a decent show but no better than 1 round, if they make it. If EP40 is hurt this team big time. 

• Like 1

Question: Does anyone think that the  “booing” of a Russian world junior captain here in VanCity will in anyway decrease Tryamkin’s desire to play here...as opposed to attempting a return to the NHL, by getting his rights traded to some other club/city where there’s a “healthier” & “more supportive” Russian or pro-Russian community dwelling within it?

I believe that the home-sickness experienced by Tryamkin & his wife was the result of his requiring some  far better integration efforts into his new community & team. Players without existing cultural bonds &/or English language skills, do require more time to integrate & bond with their new surroundings & teammates. After the coaching change from Desjardins...does the team’s (Green’s) treatment of Goldobin send out  signals that things are any more (or less) welcoming for Russian players here now?  There is a need for some international diplomacy in all things, here. Yah, that young Russian captain  was emotionally charged, dramatic & somewhat immature in his reactions...but how do our future and/or current Russian assets, like Tryamkin, see these things? Just sayin’, Putin aside, let’s all start showin’ these Russian kids a little more love!

The Russian team’s goalie (Kochetkov) was charming! Scorpion pad-saves will do it for me! I’m equally enamoured with Slepets because his hat-trick did it for me, too! Cheers to all of these Russian lads, their coaches & fans on their collective Bronze! Looking forward to seeing some of you again, in Prague! 

Edited by viking mama

16 minutes ago, viking mama said:

Question: Does anyone think that the  “booing” of a Russian world junior captain here in VanCity will in anyway decrease Tryamkin’s desire to play “here....as opposed to attempting his return to the NHL, by getting his rights traded away to some other club/city where there is a “healthier” & more “supportive”  Russian or pro-Russian community dwelling within it?

I believe the home-sickness experienced by Tryamkin and his wife was the result of his requiring some better integration efforts into the community & the team. Players without those existing cultural bonds &/or English language skills require more time to integrate & bond with their new surroundings and teammates. After the coaching change from Desjardins...does this team’s (Green’s) treatment of Goldobbin send the signal that things are more or less welcoming for Russian players here now.  There IS a need for some international diplomacy in all things here. Yah, this Russian kid is emotionally charged, dramatic & somewhat immature...but how do our current & future Russian assets like Tryamkin see things? Just sayin’, Putin aside, let’s start showin’ these Russian kids a little more love!

The Bronze-medal winning Russian  team’s goalie (Kochetkov) was charming! Scorpion pad-saves will do to me! Equally enamoured with Slepets, hat tricks will do that to me too! Cheers to the Russian lads, coaches & their fans on your Bronze! 

... “The Russian Factor”..    

just as equally over studied by non Russians, as Russian’s themselves.

I beleive that life and politics,. basically a dictatorship environment, has not allowed Russian citizens to hold trust in anyone or anything other than themselves..  that’s a huge negative impression on life.

But you think that a professional athlete should be able to break free of that if he is employed and living in a different Country, and the opportunity to become a new Citizen of that Country?

Ovechkin might be the first I have ever seen to realize what he has and crack that egg.

I think that this day an age, this “Sterotypical Influence “ needs to stop..  it is just feeding and festering itself to no end.