The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

12 hours ago, SilentSam said:

... “The Russian Factor”..    

just as equally over studied by non Russians, as Russian’s themselves.

I beleive that life and politics,. basically a dictatorship environment, has not allowed Russian citizens to hold trust in anyone or anything other than themselves..  that’s a huge negative impression on life.

But you think that a professional athlete should be able to break free of that if he is employed and living in a different Country, and the opportunity to become a new Citizen of that Country?

Ovechkin might be the first I have ever seen to realize what he has and crack that egg.

I think that this day an age, this “Sterotypical Influence “ needs to stop..  it is just feeding and festering itself to no end.

Funny how some things stick with you. I remember the WJC with both Malkin and Ovy playing. Team Canada had a game plan of knocking Ovy off his game by hitting him continually. It worked and I don't think Ovy finished the game. Canada hammered the Russians who ended up leaving the ice before the awards. Malkin gave everyone the finger. Never liked Malkin since. Ovy and 3 of his teammates stayed and respected the process. I never forgot that and have always liked the guy. 

People in the West who have never been to Russia have no idea of what these people are faced with on a daily basis. My eyes were opened during the '74 WHA series when we were bird dogged by guys in black over coats. Any attempted interaction with 'normal' Russians was heavily discouraged. From a young 10 year old having his collection of 'badges' seized leaving him crying to a young 20 year old fellow trying to convert rubles to Canadian or American currency. He tried to hide in our bus with secret police coming on to pull him off. Being drunk made us braver but he was pulled off by 4 guys with machine guns and thrown into a car which speed off. 

IMHO these young Russian hockey players who come over have had a pretty steady diet of BS feed to them. If nothing else what I saw in Russia was an intense love of country but not so much the politics. I am sure there is still rabid communist but what I saw was mostly people trying to get by. What the Russian player did in Vancouver is not acceptable and should not be glossed over. If not at 19 years old then when? If a Canadian kid had done that he would have been done on the team. Not much doubt in my mind that his apology was written for him and his actions the next day simply confirmed it. He is not unique as the Russians regularly display poor sportsmanship. It is not only in Canada that they do such things. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Yeah I visited Russia aa couple of times and found it much like you did, although I confess it was years ago. I'd like to think that things have chnaged and in my recent dealing with Russians it seems like it has. And yet still far different to the Western World. While Tryamkin complained about marijuana, booze is every where in Russia and lots of it.  Most strike me as being very patriotic to a degree that alters their life. I tend to believe the Tryamkins ( Mr & Mrs. ) suffered from just a little jealousy ie every thing they'd been told was not exactly as it was and it created confusion in thier lives. I hope he can get over it and see it for what it is a chnace to make some serious money but that requires serious work ethic. IMO he needs guidance from some Russian he respects and reacts to ( some one like Larionov ) This kid if he seriously get's into shape and can accept some good coaching does have a future

12 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Unfortunately there is no much news about Tryamkin recently. Well just for entertainment maybe...

In his interview yesterday about the junior world championship in Vancouver Tryamkin was asked what restaurant in Vancouver he would recommend to the Russian players. His answer: "There is good restaurant "Blue Wave" there with very good sea products. Real bomb"

Avto lost to Dinamo, Moscow today in the new Dinamo stadium.

Tryamkin was asked: Did you feel that the new ice rink boards were really made from some soft material?

Answer: But I am not getting hit.

Next question: But you hit others!

Answer: Then you should ask my opponents about the rink boards...

It sounds like Nik and Elias share the same sense of good humour :) 

Perhaps from the same planet as our Alien ;) 

... again,.  Always look forward to your updates @Stierlitz ..thank you.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Yeah I visited Russia aa couple of times and found it much like you did, although I confess it was years ago. I'd like to think that things have chnaged and in my recent dealing with Russians it seems like it has. And yet still far different to the Western World. While Tryamkin complained about marijuana, booze is every where in Russia and lots of it.  Most strike me as being very patriotic to a degree that alters their life. I tend to believe the Tryamkins ( Mr & Mrs. ) suffered from just a little jealousy ie every thing they'd been told was not exactly as it was and it created confusion in thier lives. I hope he can get over it and see it for what it is a chnace to make some serious money but that requires serious work ethic. IMO he needs guidance from some Russian he respects and reacts to ( some one like Larionov ) This kid if he seriously get's into shape and can accept some good coaching does have a future

You should try to get over this “outta shape” “lack of seriousness” “homesick” “uncoachable” “lack of work ethic” crap.

Flush your toilet, that bs has been sitting there for almost 2-3years.. and burn your Willie Desjardins News Clippings,. He was never much good for anything but old cliche’s,  and the old school mentality of throwing someone under the bus will either kill them, or make them stronger.

BIGGEST one word description that all Canuck players shared when asked about Coach Green this weekend by Hockey Night..

..was CARING.      Something Desjardins only shared with his alumini players from Junior.

Tryamkin gave us a solid season here with what games he was ALLOWED to play in.. and he continues to play a strong game in a top league against professional hockey players avg over 21 min of ice per.

Tryamkin could be the next best thing this club gets from its prospect pool.. and he has proven his game and worth IN the NHL already.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

You should try to get over this “outta shape” “lack of seriousness” “homesick” “uncoachable” “lack of work ethic” crap.

Flush your toilet, that bs has been sitting there for almost 2-3years.. and burn your Willie Desjardins News Clippings,. He was never much good for anything but old cliche’s,  and the old school mentality of throwing someone under the bus will either kill them, or make them stronger.

BIGGEST one word description that all Canuck players shared when asked about Coach Green this weekend by Hockey Night..

..was CARING.      Something Desjardins only shared with his alumini players from Junior.

Tryamkin gave us a solid season here with what games he was ALLOWED to play in.. and he continues to play a strong game in a top league against professional hockey players avg over 21 min of ice per.

Tryamkin could be the next best thing this club gets from its prospect pool.. and he has proven his game and worth IN the NHL already.

Bang on, Not-So-Silent-Sam!

We already own his rights, do not have to trade anyone away to get him, just get him back here after this season.

Get Tryamkin, Hughes, and Karlsson (UFA) and our rebuilt team is a contend-ah (as in, "I couldah been a contendah" - Brando in On the Waterfront).

• Upvote 2

Avto won 2-0 last night on the road vs Traktor, Chelyabinsk. Tryamkin with the most minutes in his team 20:55 and the roughing penalty. Each team had three roughing penalties in the game. Avto is still 1st in the KHL Eastern Conference with 75 points in 46 games.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

Bang on, Not-So-Silent-Sam!

We already own his rights, do not have to trade anyone away to get him, just get him back here after this season.

Get Tryamkin, Hughes, and Karlsson (UFA) and our rebuilt team is a contend-ah (as in, "I couldah been a contendah" - Brando in On the Waterfront).

BoOmBaBy!   With you on this GTC..

Trade Tanev to the Leafs for a 2nd rounder..

Re-sign Edler for 2 @3m per.

Grab Karlsson for 5 @9m per.       

Add Hughes & Tryamkin to the cast of Stetcher, Hutton and Tryamkin..  and start to rotate in our D prospects.

3 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Add Hughes & Tryamkin to the cast of Stetcher, Hutton and Tryamkin..  and start to rotate in our D prospects.

EK for sure.  I don’t think Bik Nik plays for us.  We will trade his rights I think.

27 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

We can get more out of Tanev than just a 2nd rounder.

22 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Sam ... I got lambasted for suggesting that they should re-sign Edler for 4@4 mil or 3@5 Mil. A lot of CDC'ers think he should get 6 Mil or more. As a reference I did a spread sheet on the salaries of the top two highest paid D men of all the teams and averaged out what they receive in wages. 62 D men in total and average of 5.63 Mil / player. IMO, I don't see Edler as a top two on very many contending teams but that is just my opinion for what it is worth ( probably not much lol).

4 minutes ago, The Listening said:

We can get more out of Tanev than just a 2nd rounder.

Not so sure about that. He is 29 and his last 3 years have not been kind to him with all of the injuries he has had. I have to wonder if that could factor into what his perceived value is. I think a second is realistic and if we get more, that would be awesome.

7 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Not so sure about that. He is 29 and his last 3 years have not been kind to him with all of the injuries he has had. I have to wonder if that could factor into what his perceived value is. I think a second is realistic and if we get more, that would be awesome.

Florida got a 3rd for Petrovic.  The bidding for Tanev would start with a first round pick and a prospect if he was put on the trade market today...

• Upvote 2

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Florida got a 3rd for Petrovic.  The bidding for Tanev would start with a first round pick and a prospect if he was put on the trade market today...

Well.. all I can say is I hope you are right and I am wrong as that would be an awesome trade for the Canucks to make. don't think he will fetch that much but who knows.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Why do people always talk about Tanev's age.. 29 is not old, even for a team that is rebuilding. Besides, you need a couple of 'vets' on the back-end or you'll end up like the Oilers.

Even Markstrom is 29. We better ship him out too!

1 minute ago, Slegr said:

Why do people always talk about Tanev's age.. 29 is not old, even for a team that is rebuilding. Besides, you need a couple of 'vets' on the back-end or you'll end up like the Oilers.

Even Markstrom is 29. We better ship him out too!

He has been repeatedly battered in his last 3 years so he does have some question marks about how durable he will be going forward. IMO he has already peaked in value and may trend downward over the next few years. It might be best to trade him while he still commands a decent return. 

I like Tanev as a player and what he brings to the table but what a manager like JB has to take into account is moving a player while he has peak asset value in order to maximize the return. I guess the hardest part is determining where that peak is.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

He has been repeatedly battered in his last 3 years so he does have some question marks about how durable he will be going forward. IMO he has already peaked in value and may trend downward over the next few years. It might be best to trade him while he still commands a decent return. 

I like Tanev as a player and what he brings to the table but what a manager like JB has to take into account is moving a player while he has peak asset value in order to maximize the return. I guess the hardest part is determining where that peak is.

I would just think you'd never get anything close to a justifiable return for a guy like Tanev. He's currently our best defender, and can be a top four for another six years. A second round pick could very well turn into nothing. I think we're turning the corner now, where our main priority is having solid defenders and guys with good cap hits. Since Tanev does have some recent injuries and he doesn't produce a lot of offense, his cap hit will stay at a good level, and when our new studs sign their new contracts in the next couple of years, Tanev will look like the best deal on the team.

• Upvote 1

IMO, the best Canucks team assembled was Pat Quinn's 1994 Stanley Cup finalist.  This was a team that could beat you with skill and with their fists.  Now that JB has acquired/inherited some high-end talent (Pettersson, Boeser, Hughes, Boeser) he needs to up the punch-you-in-the-face toughness factor.  Tryamkin, though not a known fighter, would be a good start.  

• Like 1